• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Discs that will never turn

Flare is about the beefiest disc I've ever thrown that still flies. Stego and early Gateway Spirits don't fly, they just fade.
Stego is just mean. It will never, ever turn. I don't care how hard it's thrown or how fast the wind is, not gonna happen.

Hmmmm....pretty dependent on how much speed is put on the disc.

I have seen some pretty dang beat in discs....they all will start to turn at some point.

You can turn anything, the question is how much and how soon will it come back.

I am going to go with a Ram.

Drone in Big Z only, will never turn.

The Comander in Star will never turn.

The Gator will never turn unless the disc is DX and is very worn in

The Viper and Whippet will never turn, not sure if one can find the limited production Whippet right now.

Banshee will never turn in both Full production Champion and limited Production G-Star especially for those disc plastics.

I'll second the Big Z Drone. My mids from US-OS are Comet, Buzzz, Roc, Buzzz OS, Big Z Drone.

Can we compile a list of discs that, when beat in, will 'never' turn at human speeds? You all have way more experience than me (4 months from June 2020). If you have one to add, put the next number and list the disc. Feel free to include fairways or mids if they exist (I don't know). I used to think a Verdict was a hoss, but it will turn in wind. I picked up a Defender thinking it wouldn't turn, but it does. The only one I have and can't get to turn whatsoever, even in stuff headwind:

1) Discraft Z Flick

I've actually seen Flicks that turn. MOST Flicks won't, but some do. I pulled them out of my bag for that reason. When I throw a Flick, I don't want any turn out of it.

When a Flick turns, it can turn a lot. Then it dumps hard at the end. Really ugly flight.

Nuke OS is my pick for discs that will never turn. Those things are absolutely brutal. I've never seen a Stiletto turn either. Nor a Monster.

Came here to say this.

Just the other day I was throwing mine into a 30 mph headwind. Just made it hyzer out faster.

The absolute best wind disc ever.

I use the crap out of the Stego during spring/fall

When you don't want your putters/mids bouncing around on the breeze, just muscle your Stego at the pin.

Came here to say this.

Just the other day I was throwing mine into a 30 mph headwind. Just made it hyzer out faster.

You probably had it a little nose up if it "Hyzered" out faster...

Although I really would not call it hyzering out,
it just tries to find the ground quicker.

Hyzer is meant to describe angle of disc at release, not the finish of the flight.

Hyzer....../ righty backhand
Anhyzer..\ righty backhand

FAF Firebird is my submission for this one. Unflinchingly stable.

Banshee is a great never turn to the right disc in flight in premium plastics.

Croc is another from Innova when or if the disc gets released. If it is I am sorry.

The Ape still made is a great disc for OS never turn especially in premium plastic, if not wanting as fast the Xcalibur/old Tee Rex in premium plastics is same turn and fade and glide just not as fast, is a solid disc. I know my dad used the forerunner to the Xcalibur in flight, the Tee Rex in his peak playing.