• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does anyone ever return discs?

Found five in the water yesterday - only one with a name and number. His voice mail isn't set up yet apparently, though. Sigh. Will keep calling.

One of the others really made me sad, though. Really nice disc, and on the back had what looks like Ace information. No number, though, and only "A2K" as a name. If I ever got an ace, I'd really hate to lose that disc, but how am I going to return this based on three characters? I posted it on the local league board, we'll see what I get from there. If anyone on here knows a MI player (I'd guess) that signs their discs A2K, let me know.

BLM

1 disc successfully returned
1 disc returned to me

Lost one on Sunday. Had the name and number on it, but I don't count on ever seeing it again

returns

Was going to my course the other day when I see a backpack on the side of the road with 3 discs inside of it ,so I pick it up go to my course ,park and start to get out when the guy next to me is pissed because he can't find his backpack,his friends are laughing at him so I ask him whats it looks like and if there's a reward$$$$,but I couldn't bare to do it,so I said I found it and gave it to him,he offerd a $5 but I said no.:)

I found a brand new looking champion groove today just laying on the fairway of 18 at Alexander. We thought it was the guy in front of us but he was already gone when we got to the parking lot. There was a name and PDGA number and email but no phone number. By chance we saw the group that was a couple holes ahead of us hanging out in the parking lot and when I asked if one of them was the guys name on the disc they kind of ignored me...

I was going to give up but something told me to ask again so I approached them...turned out they were all deaf...good reason to not hear me. The woman tried to understand me but I guess I couldn't move my lips slow enough or maybe I don't move them enough...really not sure so I finally thought to go grab the disc.

The one guys eyes lit up immediately so I knew it was his. Glad to see it find its home and right there at the course too.

5 found, 3 with names returned. 2 supposedly coming back tomorrow so we are 100%

Funny story, my friend was out in the middle of the course at Barre Falls and in the middle of the grass out in the open there was a disc, nobody was around him so he picked it up and called the number thinking that the person who lost it was still on the course. So he called the guy and he was in NYC and he had lost the disc about a year ago. So somebody had found it and played with it and then lost it.

Heres what I was thinking about doing to one of my discs:

Write on it: If you find this disc its yours, but please email me what hole and course you found it on.

Just to keep it going and see how far it travels or how often it gets lost. Kind of like Wheres George? for discs.

Sounds like the star shark we found from MD in GA....crazy how they travel sometimes.

Funny story, my friend was out in the middle of the course at Barre Falls and in the middle of the grass out in the open there was a disc, nobody was around him so he picked it up and called the number thinking that the person who lost it was still on the course. So he called the guy and he was in NYC and he had lost the disc about a year ago. So somebody had found it and played with it and then lost it.

Heres what I was thinking about doing to one of my discs:

Write on it: If you find this disc its yours, but please email me what hole and course you found it on.

Just to keep it going and see how far it travels or how often it gets lost. Kind of like Wheres George? for discs.

A new travel tag?????:rolleyes:

I just returned a disc that I found about a mouth ago just last week. It was an Elite Z Buzz. It had a name and a number, but no area code. It did not take long to figure out though.

Also, I got one disc back. I lost it on the Kensington Toboggan course just before the Am Nationals. I got it back on Saturday, the second day of the Am Nationals. I was happy to get my disc back.

I haven't found any but I would do my due diligence. If there is a number on it, I'll call. And I'd also check here to see if anybody claimed a missing disc that matches the disc I found.

I accidentally left behind one of my custom dyes last night when I was practicing just before dark ... don't know how I didn't notice it was missing. Well some dudes found it this morning and called to ask if I'd like it back. Of course I did and for them doing the right thing I gave them each a mini driver.

I used to never bother writing my name and # on discs but seeing the amount of people who aren't juiceboxes on here I decided to finally ink em'. I had two discs without my name and number on them, a lime green wraith with a scarlet wraith dyed onto it and an elite Z translucent orange Flash... lost the flash at Kensington yesterday haha. Ah well, at least I tried heh.

Very cool thing with the minis Mutt, classy.

Very cool thing with the minis Mutt, classy.

Thanks man. That's how I my parents raised me to roll. You gotta be the change you want to see in the world, as Ghandi said. And I want people to be motivated to do the right thing when there is no risk of punishment for doing the wrong thing. A few bucks worth of minis, or giving them an disc from your don't-throw-this-ever pile is well worth it to me to get back one I was using and I lost.

i returned one on satarday at mt high sunrise disc golf in wrightwood. a guy offerered 3 bucks because it was his friends i said its ok its cooool...it was long distance driver worth about 15 brand new

Giles Run has a lot of lost and found discs (mostly without name or number) and luckily for me, one of the course regulars has been driving around with them in the back of his truck.
Even luckier for me, I just got this
lost_and_found.jpg

from the minimum security section of the old Lorton prison.
Needs some sanding, rustoleum (any color but USPS Blue) and a new hasp for the padlock. Actually got the slab it was attached to in place on the course already. Will put a list of founds (Incomplete disc-ription on nameless discs) and a form for players to fill out for newly lost discs including; Hole#, approximate location, contact info, etc. Trusted course regulars who don't mind having their cell number posted will be given a key.

P.S. We found a letter in the box from one of the prisoners to another prisoner in a DC correctional facility. An original Lorton prison guard was there when we found the letter and he said both inmates were still incarcerated. I added 4 cents of postage paper-clipped to the letter with a note about where it was found. It is outside right now waiting for the letter carrier.

Courses around me need some of those. I would have much more faith in discs getting returned if they did.

if you have problems with punks not returning plastic, they will just find a way to break into the mail box..we tried a simple home mail box and people would just take them "thinking" they were freebies..best way is to have a lost and found on your local message board..but then you get the morons who erase everything and resell them(buffalo)..funny when you see a "guest" on a message board asking about how to remove sharpie from plastic..

The USPS put some time and taxpayers penneys into their box design. I'll use it to my advantage.
At least no one will be able to get discs out with a coathanger.

Mostly "lost" discs are posted in the "Lost & Found, Buy & Sell Discs" forum of the DGCNV message board, not sure of the return percentage...

Latest posts