• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Elevated Baskets...

Do you like elevated baskets?

• Yes

Votes: 71 61.7%
  • No

Votes: 44 38.3%

• Total voters

_.-Dut-._

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Was curious what the masses thought about these.

defbf73f.jpg

if its put in around something natural like this:
18985_g.jpg

Then I like it, if its something like the one posted first.. i dont care for it... Believe hole behind tennis courts in (hornets nest i believe) is kinda in the middle... I liked it and didnt like it at the same time...

If its going to have something like that it needs to be on a hole where one can reach the basket and be able to 2 putt to be able to par really.... the one in hornets nest fits that criteria.

Definitely don't like just a long pole. If it is on something like a big rock or a mound then I have no problem with it. If nothing natural is availalble then I think bricks should be used like out at Winthrop and be made into kind of a platform/steps.

I'm always down for a challenge :D i have only played a couple of these but i would not consider it poor course design

It's not really any different than a pyramid or mound. Hopefully the designer isn't being lazy and has plans to do more with it in the future.

I'm not a huge fan of something as forced as that. Design a tiered green utilizing some cool terrain and set the basket on the edge if you want to create some interesting approach shots and putts.

Elevated baskets like that out in the middle of a field just force you to lay up from outside 20' if it's at all windy and you're concerned about your score.

Dont come down to Charlotte then folks.... you will find quite a few of those.

Stan normally has the raised baskets in spots where it really adds to the course and makes you think about your shots. Not the random open hole in the middle of a field like in the first pic posted. :D

Charlotte has the most raised baskets per capita I've ever seen......I'm split on my opinion on them...they cetainly are challenging though.

I'm not a huge fan of something as forced as that. Design a tiered green utilizing some cool terrain and set the basket on the edge if you want to create some interesting approach shots and putts.

Elevated baskets like that out in the middle of a field just force you to lay up from outside 20' if it's at all windy and you're concerned about your score.

Hole 26 at Blue Ribbon is now this, a two tiered green that challenges you to either lay up, or have the confidence to put about 8' into the air (from ground level).

If you know how to putt, or are learning, they are a great tool that can work for or against you.

I voted yes, but in MN elevated baskets are rare. If I had to see them every round they would get annoying. The one at Morley field was kind of cool imo.

Out of the three that I have seen in Ohio only one was well placed and looked legit. The other two were very forced into the course. No matter how they look I hate playing them. Not natural at all to putt straight up after parking a hole.

This is my idea of a very well done raised basket. Not overly tall where you have to worry about throwing a shot straight up at it and it also turns what would be very scary putt into a terrifying putt if your up shot to the green isn't where you want it. It really makes you think about laying up that 8ft putt.

75fcddb2.jpg

This is my idea of a very well done raised basket. Not overly tall where you have to worry about throwing a shot straight up at it and it also turns what would be very scary putt into a terrifying putt if your up shot to the green isn't where you want it. It really makes you think about laying up that 8ft putt.

75fcddb2.jpg

and if you hit the cage and it rolls down into that ravine I'm wondering if you still think it's well done?
:popcorn:

and if you hit the cage and it rolls down into that ravine I'm wondering if you still think it's well done?
:popcorn:

That is why I said you might think about laying up that 8ft putt. I think it makes a very good risk/reward shot.

Latest posts