• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] F-series drivers are out

I bagged 2 F1's and a F2. The F1 for me isn't firebird overstable, more like a really beefy Teebird/Banshee. Really liking both of them so far. I would probably look into the others, but I'm afraid they would overlap with my River, and those aren't going anywhere.

Not impressed with the f1 or f3. F1 is the most over stable disc I think I've thrown. F3 is pretty beefy as well, neither will be in my bag except as a throw away maybe although I already lost the f3. :\

Not impressed with the f1 or f3. F1 is the most over stable disc I think I've thrown. F3 is pretty beefy as well, neither will be in my bag except as a throw away maybe although I already lost the f3. :\

Did you remove the flashing on yours? It made a huge difference on my F3's stability.

Didn't really notice much flashing but it flew like a new firebird with more glide.

I don't have anywhere near your distance, and mine is more like a slower First Run S-PD with a little less low speed fade. That's crazy that yours is that beefy.

I don't have anywhere near your distance, and mine is more like a slower First Run S-PD with a little less low speed fade. That's crazy that yours is that beefy.
The f3 was pretty domey, and it didn't turn for me at all. I'd say it's pretty similar to the Brinster Teebirds in stability which also fly more like firebirds to me. PDs are less stable to me. The f1 is just ridiculous over stable, hello fade into ground ASAP.

I took the flashing on my f2 off and it went from being pretty overstable to more flippy, it previously had not turned for me at all. Honestly I liked the flight path better with the flashing on it, before I could rely on it for a strong left finish now its like I made it an f4 or f5 lol.

I took the flashing off my F2 and its buttery smooth now. Still no turn but it seems less power hungry and glides better. There are two drives with it in the video I'm uploading today.

I have the F2 bagged for now. I just took the flashing off and need to test it out today and see how it flies. F3 and 7 might make the cut...doubt I'll need the F1 though between my Tensor, Shock and XXX. I am starting to run out of room in my bag though :)

I could see the need for a fairway to bridge the gap between mids and control divers in your line up.

How many Quasars did you pull out of your bag to put in the four D#s in your sig?

Well I just pulled the trigger on a F2, F3 and F7. I was hoping to find a lighter F7 but 169g was the lowest I could find... and I was(am) at the end of my patience. Which is going to make waiting on the mail that much more difficult. I can't wait to take these to the field. I could easily end up with a predominantly Prodigy bag after all is said and done.

I could see the need for a fairway to bridge the gap between mids and control divers in your line up.

How many Quasars did you pull out of your bag to put in the four D#s in your sig?

I pulled 2...needed a third Quasar though. Had beat to flippy, beat to straight / mildly flippy, but not a fresh OS. After losing my orange go to straight Quasar I just felt like trying the D's to see if I could get the flights I need without breaking something in.

I dig them so far. If you check my youtube or the TDGV thread in gen discussion I posted a video with them being used. My go to Quasar was in between the 2 and 3.

I think I'm gonna stick with the D series, the plastic feels way nicer than the Quasars plastic and the slightly smaller rim gives a better grip.

Got my F2 in the mail today. It's greyish white 174g.

After the first few throws it seemed like an overstable beast of a fairway driver, but I figure that was due to the enormous amount of flashing. I went over to a park bench, and rubbed the flashing off. With the very first throw with no flashing, I began to see the resemblance to an Eagle in the flight. It has a little high speed turn, flowed by a late fade. It seemed to flick pretty well, with the same kind of flight pattern.

I'd rather have a Star Eagle to be quite honest, but the F2 seemed like an acceptable replacement. I'm beginning to think Prodigy's plastic is a little to soft for me. The exception is my clear red D3. The translucent ones seem firmer. That's the only one I really like, but I'd trade it for a Fusion Trespass in a heartbeat.

I just got in a F7 today. Went to a field after work and gave it a toss against some other US discs I'm trying out for that spot and I have to say, I'm disappointed. It flew like poop and was completely overshadowed by the other discs I had with me. I will admit I was tried and now throwing well but I found it to be the shortest by a good ways and was unreliable with its turn. Now, I noticed that on the bottom of the disc was a small amount of flashing and took that off before I went out but there is a massive amount of flashing along the nose of the disc. Would that affect the flight too? I'm gonna give it a few more chances but just wanted to see what other people's thoughts in this disc were against a river and underworld.

Just wanted to mention that I picked up an F3 from the FlyMart at Worlds, and while I haven't yet thrown it, the plastic is unbelievable. Best plastic I've ever felt as far as I'm concerned.

The F7 I bought (174) is a very nice driver. For someone like me that tops out around 390' it flies very near as far as my drivers and doesn't flip over. It would take over my fairway slot except it doesn't do a lot more for me than my Saints. I would think that for most young guys that can drive hard this thing would be a staple.

Wouldn't you know I got my F2-F3 and F7 in the mail the same day I got a cortisone shot in my elbow. Doc says I need to baby the arm for 6-8 weeks. Maybe longer. Sigh*, oh well it's back to throwing lefty again. To which: I snuck out before work early this morning and threw a quick 9 at Watson just to test out the new Prodigy fairways. The F3 and F7 are very intuitive to throw. The F3 having a sturdy straight flight with very little to no turn and a dependable fade and the F7 just going straight, straight and straight some more. Very excited to throw with my strong arm, should I ever get the chance again.
The F2 was laden with flashing so I don't feel I was witnessing the discs true flight characteristics.

I just got in a F7 today. Went to a field after work and gave it a toss against some other US discs I'm trying out for that spot and I have to say, I'm disappointed. It flew like poop and was completely overshadowed by the other discs I had with me. I will admit I was tried and now throwing well but I found it to be the shortest by a good ways and was unreliable with its turn. Now, I noticed that on the bottom of the disc was a small amount of flashing and took that off before I went out but there is a massive amount of flashing along the nose of the disc. Would that affect the flight too? I'm gonna give it a few more chances but just wanted to see what other people's thoughts in this disc were against a river and underworld.

i have yet to see a f7 with the same flashing problems as the f1,f2 & f3. every f7 i've seen and fondled was nice and smooth. don't know what to tell ya