• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Disc Finals (Distance Driver)

Favorite Distance Driver

• Surge

Votes: 27 16.9%
  • Valkyrie

Votes: 36 22.5%
  • Destroyer

Votes: 29 18.1%
  • Wraith

Votes: 46 28.8%
  • Beast

Votes: 22 13.8%

• Total voters
I've got a Star SL I bought over two years ago that was hard as a rock and pretty slippery (not grippy at all) from new (plastic). I've also got a buddy's Star Wraith in my bag that was bought recently that I'm trying out while breaking it in for him a little that is softer and grippy. All the Star plastic I've felt in my local pro shop feels different from mold to mold, as well (ESP has always felt the same to me - I have ESP Forces, Surges, Flicks, and Impacts).

Beyond that, I've got two red Champion TeeBirds that I bought on the same day, at the same store. One's an 11X, the other a 12X. The 12X was much domier (starting to change a little after some use - I wish I'd taken pics when they were new because it was really noticeable), as well as being clear. My 11X however is a cloudy red that is definitely not see through (Never had any differences in my Z plastic - In the interest of fairness, the Comet I just sent off in trade has a small white plastic mixed in like a birthmark but 95% of the disc is clear green). They also flew slightly different lines until the 12X beat in a little. They are now interchangeable though.

I've never liked the Z plastic before, but now that ESP is out, and I've come to grip the Z plastic better, I may start a slow and methodical switch.

Is there anything equivalent to the Destroyer?

Yes it is a close race, but as someone recently commented, the Surge and Wraith are nearly the same disc. I voted for the Surge, for what I think are subtlely superior qualities. 'Twould be ironic if the Surge won this category and the Buzzz, which is everbody's pick for Discraft, didn't win its category.

I've never liked the Z plastic before, but now that ESP is out, and I've come to grip the Z plastic better, I may start a slow and methodical switch.

Is there anything equivalent to the Destroyer?

I haven't really thrown a Destroyer enough to really give you a fair assessment, but I would say the Force would make a nice substitute. They're both super fast, but the Force may be slightly more overstable (and a little longer). I love my new ESP Force (randomly got it in my misprint pack and like it better than the Z Forces I started throwing).

Voted Valk, torn between it and the Wraith, but still feel there is no 1 best disc as anyone would agree, but a few that compliment each other. Still feel the Sidewinder is no.1.

And I also feel the Destroyer is the least used out of all my DDs. Have a couple that I'm willing to trade to anyone who needs an extra, check out my bag

Wraith, and I have a story to go with it.

One of the guys who works at Innova as a disc designer throws the wraith further than any other disc out there including the Boss and Groove.

Has everyone already voted in this thread? It's not getting as much attention as the other polls, like the epic showdown of the midrange discs.

I throw all of these discs, so it was hard to choose, but the wraith has been awesome for me lately so it got the nod here.

Surge

I have a Surge ESP that never lets me down. Hands down best driver I own.

I also have a ESP Avenger SS that has really disappointed me since I've bought it. Way too flippy for me.

Out of the other top drivers in this poll, which one should I give a try?

Latest posts