• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Favorite Putters

JPEAces22

What do you guys like putting with? What'd you start with and what do you use now and how'd you get there?

I myself started with Aviars, moved to Wizards, then to Judges and from there dropped the bead and began using P2s and finally settled on classic Wardens which I love, but I miss the over-stability the judges offered, might try some DX Aviar3s, is that crazy to say? Have a star one that I'm in love with for up shots and it feels perfect in the hand.

challenger - > omega ss - > aviar -> ridge - > sole -> summit -> swan 1 reborn -> mercy -> swan2 - > atom -> envy

a zone was in there till i found an envy

it has been one hell of a trip. but firm putters that are shallow work the best for me. so now it's a combination of envy's, swan1r, and firm/proton atoms.

but, i still have more to try....lol

Started with Star Aviar P&A and never gelled with it. Also tried the Nova, but the 'compass points' give me issues (they cut my fingers). I liked the stiffness of the McPro Aviars, but they were limited and hard to get. Tried the Soft APX; great putter, too soft material. Tried the Prodigy Pa4 and the Reko. Then I settled on the Classic Blend Judge and Classic Blend Warden. I would putt with one 'for the record', then throw the other. Over time, the Warden showed itself to be the best disc for me. I then tried the Classic plastic, and I was home.

The APX and Challenger are now out in Jawbreaker plastic, which is the firmness of Classic Blend. I really like the APX. The P-Line Discmania P2 is very good also. But to this point, the Classic Warden is still king of the hill (and bag).

P1 -> Berg -> P1x -> P3 -> Pure -> Splinter -> P2 -> P1 -> Pa3/Pa4 -> Reko

And all this in just two years :D Now i'm sticking with my Rekos, they are almost perfect. I just don't feel comfortable with them in headwind putts.

Aerobie Arrow > MVP Ion > Anode > Vibram Sole > Ridge

I've tried out a million other things. I really like the Reptilian Scale & Serpent, but I am way to heavily invested in Ridges to change now.

Last edited:
Aviar PnA (for a couple weeks)-> Soft Warden (for about a month)-> Scale (for a couple months)-> Polecat since then

The Polecat is the only putter that I have felt remotely comfortable with for putting

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I've been through a lot of them, as my game/putting technique has changed or developed.

Aviar pna > Wizard > KC Aviar > Magic > Voodoo > Challenger > Judge > Swan2 > and now the Warden.

You can see for a while I didn't know if I liked beaded or not beaded putters. Now I've finally decided that non-beaded is for me, and found (again, hopefully) what I think is easily the most comfortable for me.

Rubber Putter
Magnet
Omega
Aviar
86 Softie
Aviar again
XD
Magic
Pure
Yeti Aviar
PA4
Pure again
P1X
XT Aviar

Settled on XT Aviars for a long time and currently bag them, with no plans to switch.
Of course, I did pick up a Pilot recently and I've rather enjoyed it.

:)

More than any other disc, I love putters.

Started with Aviar P&A
Then;
Dart
Magnet
Spike
Pure
KC Aviar
PA3
Yeti
Judge
Yeti again
P1-X
Whale
Ion
Yeti Again
JK Aviar
Wizard
Voodoo
Back to the Yeti and I have been there for two years now and don't plan on changing anymore
Love throwing Wizards though!

Aviar (duh) > Magic > Sole

That's about it. I've thrown various other putters for short times, but really these are the only 3 I have bagged consistently. Been using Soles for 4+ years now.

Aviar P&A for a while, then KC Aviar, then tried out a Challenger, a Magnet, a Wizard, then settled on Yeti Aviars for a while. Tried the Classic Aviar and it just felt right, so I've been putting with them since then. Was using KC/Yetis for throwing, but once I tried the Aviar3 it felt right. So for me it's Classic Aviars for putting, Aviar3 for driving/approaching.

For me the putter progression has been like this;

Aviar-Rhyno-Wizard-Warlock-Wizard-GUI- Touch-Atom

Through the process I've come to learn that I don't grip deeper putters well, and that beadless putters come out cleaner for me.

The Atom has taken my putting game from below average to passable, and I have picked up a few strokes a round because of it. The only other one I've tried and like the feel of as well is the Swan 2, but the wind bats it around a lot.

Soft Judge > Hard Spike > Retro Pure > Fuzion Judge (not changing anytime soon, perfect blend of grip/stiffness for me)

Challenger -> Omega SS -> Judge -> Wizard -> Clutch

I still have a healthy stack of awesome Wizards tempting me to come back...

Last edited:
Wizard. I've tried a few others but it was a relatively easy choice for me. Love the plastic, the profile and the stability.

Latest posts