• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] FD2 - retooled

A Neutron Crave is somewhere between a DX TeeBird and an S line FD, but closer to a FD.
A Plasma Crave is closer to a DX TeeBird.

I don't have a lot of experience with FD's, so take that into consideration.

I think it's closer to DXTB than FD personally. Caveat is that I haven't thrown any others beside the 174N.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well, that's a little disappointing. I was hoping this would be like the softer jolly launcher-ish C-Line's I've felt up in my local store recently. That blend is much better suited for woods play IMO, which is one of the reasons I still want this disc in my bag. Now I'm wishing this was coming out in Swirly S-Line instead of the stiff C.

Just want to update - the FR I picked up feels really nice, certainly not stiff by C-line standards and I would say only slightly stiffer than the RR. It feels tough and tacky, and the pink pops.

Would love a PD in this plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

anybody know any stores with fd2's? (i know its a dumb question but i thought'd id ask)

ugh, those 40$ discs always get me on priniciple. I know people compare it to a tbird but is a tbird a smaller diameter ? i feel like my fd2 is smaller than most fairway drivers, but maybe its just the c line plastic? I see the explorer has similar numbers but they dont feel at all alike in hand to me

You can go to pdga approved discs to see all the specifications. But almost all non midrange discs are about the same in diameter. Not all of course.

The Spirit in my bag you can clearly even see its bigger than the others

Only a few fairways are a bit larger in diameter. The River and Maul I believe, ASS, Viper, and I think the Prodigy F series are as well. Oh and I think the Legacy Bandit and Mongoose might be 21.3.

I imagine an FD2 if it's using actual Innova molds would be identical to there others.

With all of the old Discmania molds starting to make a comeback being produced by Innova (for them, Infinite, and Millenium), has there been any talk of the 3 tooled FD2 making a comeback. I love this disc and would hate to see it lost to the ages.

I hope so. One of my favorite molds. I think eagle and Kyle Klein both throw them still so hopefully 🙏🏼

It is arguably one of the best OS 7 speeds created. What do they call it? Fairway Disc 2: Threelectric Toolgaloo?

The FD2 is so good, I really hope they release it under one of their brands. Doubt they will replicate the perfect chalky champ they made the 3-tooled version in.

The FD2 is so good, I really hope they release it under one of their brands. Doubt they will replicate the perfect chalky champ they made the 3-tooled version in.

Do you have experience with the Instinct vs the FD2? I've thrown the Instinct (into a lake) and wondered if the FD2 was more stable?

How has the 3 tooled FD2 not popped up in the Innova Factory Store, Millennium or Infinite line up yet???

How has the 3 tooled FD2 not popped up in the Innova Factory Store, Millennium or Infinite line up yet???
Same with the DDx and CD3?

As far as I know the following have been rebranded and the rebrand name

P2:Alpaca/Firefly
P3x:Khan
MD:Anubis
MD3:Mid Disc 3
FD:Hawkeye/Dark Rebel
CD2:Dynasty
PD:Roman

The following are potential rebrands
MD1:Chariot?
MD2:Jay?
MD4:Solstice?
CD:Aztec?
PD2:Conqueror?
TDx:Sphinx?
TD2:Maya?

Same with the DDx and CD3?

As far as I know the following have been rebranded and the rebrand name

P2:Alpaca/Firefly
P3x:Khan
MD:Anubis
MD3:Mid Disc 3
FD:Hawkeye/Dark Rebel
CD2:Dynasty
PD:Roman

The following are potential rebrands
MD1:Chariot?
MD2:Jay?
MD4:Solstice?
CD:Aztec?
PD2:Conqueror?
TDx:Sphinx?
TD2:Maya?
Chariot is AMS
Solstice is MD4 confirmed
Aztec is Starfire-L
Conqueror is PD2 confirmed
Sphinx is Sidewinder/Roadrunner combo
Maya is Mamba bottom, maybe same top

You can go to pdga approved discs to see all the specifications. But almost all non midrange discs are about the same in diameter. Not all of course.

The Spirit in my bag you can clearly even see its bigger than the others
Or the Stalker in my bag is 180 gram diameter even though I only use around 170--172 gram discs.