• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Firbird or Flick

DMLara89

I am looking for a very overstable disc for those drives that need to turn hard left. I have been playing for two months and throw my destroyer and boss between 310' and 340', depending on how good my form is on the throw. I was wondering what you guys thought. Should I get the firebird of the flick?

im a firebird fan but i still need to try the flick, who's got one up for grabs?

Flick is a good bit more overstable. Firebird will do a sweeping hyzer. Flick will do a hard left (RHBH)

I use both. Firebird for the tighter fairway shot that requires less fade and the Flick for a more open yet controlled shot with a large fade at the end. BOTH are worth having in your bag, no question!

Both are great discs. Another amazing disc is the esp Venom. I think they are still available. I wish Discraft would continue this disc in esp plastic.

I have both the Firechicken and the Flick.
Flick turns harder. Neither disc wants to glide very well, both just want to find ground fast.

I would try a TeeRex first, it has a little more glide and still turns pretty good.

I have both the Firechicken and the Flick.
Flick turns harder. Neither disc wants to glide very well, both just want to find ground fast.

I would try a TeeRex first, it has a little more glide and still turns pretty good.

Really depends on which tooling of the Tee-rex he gets.

Just hyzer a teebird or something less stable and it will go farther left

A firebird is probably what you're looking for. The Flick will be turning left from the moment it leaves your hand. The firebird will start straight before fading left. Both will be pretty much immune to wind if you get a heavier weight.

i'm sure hzyer on a tbird works well for your open courses...
but if your in the woods, you need discs that have over stability to make your turns, specially on low line shots
if i carried 3 discs, i'd agree,
if you carry over 8, you really need one to be overstable for so many other shots, or specialty shots

of the 2 choices, i think the firebird is more versatile,
both have a spot in my bag, even if they do overlap, they each do something the other cant (at least one does a lil better at something than the other)

the only way to see what would work for you is to try them yourself...

I use them both. The Firebird is mainly a forehand disc that will resist turning over, go straight for most of its flight, and skip at the end. I use the Flick for forehands that will fade harder than the Firebird (and not go as far) or for flex forehands. I also use it for hard fading skip backhands, hyzer-spike forehands, forehand rollers, and it's my longest thumber disc.

I like the firebird and use it for FH and BH and works well in the wind.

I prefer the firebird. Any more overstablility needed I'll throw the whippet. Know people that toss the flick, but they seem pretty inconsistant with it....like their nuggets.

So I really can't make a fair assumption about the flick.

If you go with max weight the Flick is going to be much more overstable than a Firebird. If you're looking for Discraft that's a little closer to a Firebird, look into a Predator. The lip isn't as inviting on the Predator as the Monster as far as feel goes but it's super predictable.

Latest posts