• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Disc(s) ever bought

B3NDER

Bending Rodriguez
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I posted a thread asking everyone what their favorite disc was, now what I would like to know is what was the first disc or discs you ever bought, and do you still own them now? Why did you buy them? Did you read up on them or have them recommended to you? Also if you remember where you bought them, you could post that too. Can't wait to read some of the answers:popcorn:

My first discs I ever bought were:
A White Innova Star Wraith (175 g)
A White Innova DX Rhyno (dont remember weight)

I bought the Star Wraith simply because I liked the name, and the way it felt in my hand...
and I bought the Rhyno because I knew I'd need some kind of putter....and that was the least crappy of the ones they had to choose from.

I own them both still, and use the Wraith for a sidearm disc ALL the time.
I didn't know anything about disc golf, aside from the fact that I was tired of using other peoples "loaner" discs. And I honestly don't have a clue where I bought them, it was some hole in the wall little place.

WraithRhyno.jpg

Last edited:
175 Echo Star Destroyer
169 Star Beast
172 Star Aviar

only have the Destroyer left, hanging on my wall. bought them at hobbytown (full price..rip off) but oh well, I loved them!

2.5 years ago I had never heard of disc golf, and had seen the baskets but never knew their purpose.

Me and my friend were hanging out one day and he mentions the game to me. Tells me I should try it out. I told him it sounded dumb but I'm always down to try new things.

So a few days later we stop by Quonset Hut and I pick up a Star Leopard. That was my first disc, followed shortly by a Star Aviar.

I was horrible at first (Who isn't?) but as I learned how to throw the Leopard remained my go to driver for months. It was my favorite disc for a long time. The Aviar on the other hand I never liked, and when it rolled into the water one day I just left it there.

the first two discs i bought for myself was a star wraith and a r-pro pig, the next day i went and bought a mako. i only have the r-pro pig left; the wraith is in harris lake, the mako is in a pond at mulberry mountain in arkansas.

bought a three disc set from mcsports :\ Discraft XL, buzzz, soft apx, closely followed by a dx beast...

Red DX Roc with a Green Stamp. Bought a Wolf at the same time but it was for my buddy.

Also bought a Backstreets boy CD once...

Champ Eagle still have it but don't throw it much :|

X Buzzz still have and use it :thmbup:

Soft Magnet dog got a hold of it :thmbdown:

raven

a white dx raven droped it in the creek on my very first throw. and i was hooked

My first disc was a 169 beat Champ Sidewinder I bought from my bro, and I'm really kicking myself for selling it 1) because it was my first disc I just want to have it, wish I'd have thought of that before I sold it and 2) I REALLY need a disc to learn long distance rollers.

My first disc was a 169 beat Champ Sidewinder I bought from my bro, and I'm really kicking myself for selling it 1) because it was my first disc I just want to have it, wish I'd have thought of that before I sold it and 2) I REALLY need a disc to learn long distance rollers.

Wish I still had my Roc. Not to throw but I have so many disc now it would be cool to go "Yeah that's my first one". I either sold it to the PIAS in Hickory or it lies somewhere in the woods behind my house.

My first 3 were a 150 dx valk, blue with a rainbow stamp.... a 169 roc, white with rainbow stamp and a 170 aviar, white with a prismatic stamp. I lost the valk a couple of months in and replaced it with a pearly blue pro tl 164g

oldschool.jpg

Star skeeter and pro pig. Don't have either of them now. I had some of my brothers discs as loners for a bit, but these were MY first ones. I wanted the straightest disc I could get based on innova's flight chart so I got the skeeter in star because to a new player star is the best plastic. I got the pig because it felt the best in my hand. I let my brother have the pig after a while because I moved on to another putter and he promptly lost it. Threw it 80 feet long on a hole with water 10 feet behind the basket. The skeeter melted in the back seat of my wife's car. Not really sure how it happened but it got pretty messed up. Ended up selling it to PIAS for a couple bucks towards new stuff.

The first discs I owned came in the Innova DX Starter Pack with the Leopard, Shark and Aviar all 150g. After that I bought a 175g DX Wraith, didn't really help me much though because I couldn't throw it properly, I just liked the way it looked. I got them at Dick's Sporting Goods and I still have them all.

bought a three disc set from mcsports :\ Discraft XL, buzzz, soft apx, closely followed by a dx beast...

I can't stand MC on plainfield, I don't know if it's just them (and I doubt it) but charging 20 bucks a single disc:thmbdown:, no matter what disc it is, is Out-F@#$ing-rageous.

At least the 3 pack you got 3 discs, for far less than they woulda charged, for 3 singles.

The first three discs I bought were a Yellow DX Dragon, a Orange DX TeeBird, and a Blue DX Roc. They were bought new at Play it Again Sports for about $8 each (I thought it was pretty good since every else they were 9 or ten each). All of them are still in my bag; however, I really only the the Roc now.

My first disc was a 169 red star beast. I held on to it forever but lost it to a creek

Innova starter pack.
Then a white 175 Beast with rainbow stamp. Almost lost it in the woods and water several times but still have it and use it.