• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Disc(s) ever bought

The first discs I bought were the Innova starter pack, Leopard, Shark, Aviar. The first single disc I bought was a dark red Star Leopard, 171g. It's still in my bag in the months where light lasts longer. Tends to be hard to find at dusk.

Well my friend had some extra discs so I just used his. Which happened to be a champ spider. The first disc I bought was a champion destroyer which I lost ):

First one out of a trunk: White whamo 41 mold with the 1977 Maryland State Championships stamp, from Capitian Snap (from VA) at the KOA DGA sanctioned event on the FL - AL line, December 1977.

That may explain the low PDGA number - I had to join to play.

The 119g 41 mold was a little unstable compared to the 40 mold. Also got my first basket ace that day - first shot with that disc on hole 1 - downhill shot bending right about 260 feet.

Roc

First disc golf disc was a DX Roc at the Mall of Americas in Minneapolis, summer, 1995. I had played in Missoula MT at an object course, this was the first time I saw a store that sold disc golf discs. Later went to a showing of Waterworld, and saw Newt Gingrich at a book signing, all at the Mall. A magical day...

Just broke the first disc I ever bought... DX Gazelle, 8 years ago. Shattered her right off of a tree attempting a roller. Still have the Banger that I got with her, and threw the Hydra in a lake a long time ago, on purpose. First disc I ever found was a 149 champ leopard and it's found its way back into my bag once more.

Innova DX Leopard. Bought a DX Wraith and a Birdie at the same time. The Wraith is in a pond. Still lovin' the Leopard and don't see a need to replace the Birdie as a putter.