Form check 2023 - Sykern

You need to move more dynamic/centered inside your posture. Eagle is Riding the Bull much more aggressively back and forth, back and forth over and over.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxnhM5amro0#t=1m14s
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-06-04 at 11.07.44 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2023-06-04 at 11.07.44 PM.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 41
The summer is coming to and end for me. I have been focusing on implementing already mentioned tips from this thread. I had some issues converting net-work to actual throwing on the course. Turned out that my timing were a bit off. After focusing on staying completely relaxed until the weightshift from behind before swinging it got fixed.
I rarely attempt throwing max distance, but 450+ feet is no problem now. That feels good!

Im now looking suggestions for next thing to work on.

Nice work! I think it still needs more Ride the Bull action like Sidewinder said in last post. Your move is still a little too much about rotation overall, and you're blocking yourself from some of the posture important to loading/coiling in the upper body, and that's because you are not shifting quite like ride the bull. Work on that drill. If you show it will probably show us these things. It will help you work on getting more "dynamic" like SW is saying.

Let's look for it in the big guns:

It's hard to see in some shots because he's so smooth, but Eagle has very strong/heavy/high leverage steps. A little easier to see here because his strides are against gravity uphill. This is "riding the bull."

hJ02Zap.gif

Also a little easier to see I find when players are allowing a little bounce or hop in their steps.
eqN1Byt.gif

Very obvious in gurthie. Look at him then look at Eagle. Same thing fundamentally.
YCtUAPa.gif

Shift is abrupt more like this in the end:
z1DE0kp.gif

teLzlI1.gif

Lovely! Thanks for the response!

Just so we're on the same page here. In essence what riding the bull means and what I can improve on is to have my weight loaded onto the braceleg faster / deweight the backleg faster?
Also do that kind of "heavy" dynamic shifting through all the steps in the runup?

Yes, but you're still not quite (1) seeing/doing the tilted axis of the move, (2) "loading the bow" getting coiled back all the way during the time you shift (your top is just swinging through with the front side early rather than continuing to build up tension and coil). You need the upper body to counter-rotate back as your weight shifts forward. and (3) you're basically tipping off the rear foot with the opposite balance you need compared to Eagle etc.

You would need to slow down and fix your motion pattern and balance overall to fix this.
1690660128585.png

Heavy steps:

Fix tilted axis/balance over your feet:

Attachments

• 1690660096058.png
    1690660096058.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Thank you so much! The graphics help alot. I think I understand. Let me work on it and get back to you with further questions.

6 months since last update now.
There has been winter in Norway and alot of IRL stuff.
Now the spring is coming and so is the joyful season of tossin´ plastic around! :D

I have had a few short sessions here and there trying to maintain some sort of offseason maintenance, albeit poorly.

The last week now have been better and I have tried to kick off the rust and continue improving.

So this is were I am at today (set playback speed to slowest):

I feel like i have conceptually understood brace a bit better. It now feels like I "sit" on my plant leg, activating some part of my glutes/butt. That in turn feels (and looks) to be more correct than before. It also seems to keep me more around the same axis in the throw compared to previously.
Regarding loading the bow I still have some ways to go, but also here I feel i conceptually get it. Compared to last year I also feel its better.

For now I am working on

1. "Taking a seat" on the plant leg
2. Throw around the central axis.
3. Staying behind the brace
4. loading the bow
5. Turn back/shoulders more in the "loading" part.
6. Tilted axis over the disc. One leg drill feeling.
7. Get to a deep pocket and not actively looking after the disc.

Should i drop my lead shoulder more ala Eagle?
I am not confident I am doing the "ride the bull" correct. More tilt needed?

Looking forward to get some feedback or correction on where I am at and where I am looking to improve based on my current list.

PS: Any recommendation to get iPhone slow motion to be slow motion when uploaded to YouTube?

Video behind tee. Looks like lack of rear hip depth striding into plant. You are falling more over your rear toes/right/east tee side into too staggered stance.

Don't need slow motion.

Thanks for the reply!
By "lack of rear hip depth" do you mean that my pelvis is to far "in front". As in I need to do more "buttwipe" and get more over the disk and get the one leg drill feeling?
or that my hip is not "loaded and low enough"? Maybe both?

I know I have some more "load" in me from both the hips and upper body.

Better footage below.
Trying to get more depth here and focus on coil and doing only "the move" and let the body do the rest.
Alien to me how the big guns manage to get the hip and legs in such a deep position before the arm even starts.

Side:

Behind:

Looks like your head is going out over your toes instead of staying braced inside posture. Doing Inside Swing Drill your head should remain inside the wall/toes throughout the entire throw (the wall will be in the way of your arm/disc swinging out from the power pocket, so don't worry about actually swinging thru).
Screen Shot 2024-04-02 at 9.45.04 PM.png