• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Found a new love...150g Star Teebird

gkeberhart

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
This weekend I won a 150g Star Teebird at a tournament. I was actually quite excited with it; this disc crushes for a fairway. I have various champ and star Teebirds all 170+ that have done great for me. I am a Teebird convert as I didn't start throwing them until early this year. For me they have provided exceptional distance with ease (375+).

With the 150 the first few rounds I have played with it I have been able to rip it 400' on a straight line, this has been a great addition to my bag as I have a 12x Champ and a Star TL. It fills the gap between the 12x and TL perfectly.

What are the experiences of the rest of you with a 150 Teebird?

I've got a 158 that I've never really thrown. Still working my mids under the discing down theory. Maybe I'll break that Teebird out when I get some more distance.

150 gram tee-chicken

I have a 155 gram KC PRO....(11x) that is MONEY!!
It is the blue gummy plastic..not champion! The automatic go to disc..as long as there is NO WATER!:thmbup:

I carry an all 150g bag.
The Teebird shares the main driver slot with the QOLF. Either disc is very long, very glidey and very controllable. But they are very different from each other.

The 150 Teebird will hold your release angle for a very very long time (assuming you have decent snap)... it will continue to turn left or right until it hits the ground. Some people use the natural flip to shape their right turning shots. I do this for certain shots but I usually prefer to put an anhyzer release on the Teebird.

Forgive me for a necropost.

I have both a 175 Teebird and a 150 Teebird on the way. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't afraid that I might put too much speed on the 150 and it might start to turn. Then again, my experience with (over)stable discs is basically zero. Any experience someone could pass on to me? Is it even possible to turn a Teebird?

Lol yes its highly possible to turn a teebird. Especially a 150 star. I always used mine for dead straight shots that eventually pull right and never look back.

I know this thread is old (499 days by the disclaimer's count), but I have this question: How does the 150 Star Teebird hold up to the wind? I would love something that can get me a little easier distance but still holds up well...

ohhh yeah the first time i threw a 150 tee bird i shat my pants. Quickly grabbed a star champ and dx. The champ was meh. The star was awesome and only getting better. But a 150 dx teebird. wow that is a thing of beauty. They break in rather quickly in dx, but the flight and effortless distance is just astounding. Every time i pull the light tee bird its called my cheater disc, this is the disc that learned me how to play this sport better and more often. a day of 150s is a lot easier on the body.

ohhh yeah the first time i threw a 150 tee bird i shat my pants. Quickly grabbed a star champ and dx. The champ was meh. The star was awesome and only getting better. But a 150 dx teebird. wow that is a thing of beauty. They break in rather quickly in dx, but the flight and effortless distance is just astounding. Every time i pull the light tee bird its called my cheater disc, this is the disc that learned me how to play this sport better and more often. a day of 150s is a lot easier on the body.

I have a beaten 168 DX, and I love it. I picked up a new 167 Champ that is way overstable because I haven't beat it up yet. Kinda hoping a light Star will fly the way my beat DX does out of the box.

Trick to 150 is smooth. The first few throws i had with it was launched up and to the right. I slowed way way down and concentrated on a smooth slow motion and then the magic started happening. It is easier to get 150 discs up to the required speed. Keep that in mind easier not entirely too different if that makes sense.

In the wind you can get it to hold the hyzer angle but it will get thrown around by the wind. Olf,spd, andbanshee are reliable wind fighters in 150, also a 150 dx firebird will do just fine

I have a beaten 168 DX, and I love it. I picked up a new 167 Champ that is way overstable because I haven't beat it up yet. Kinda hoping a light Star will fly the way my beat DX does out of the box.
id say you would be happy with the 150 star as a replacement. That is the role my 150 star fills now. You can't rip on the 150 in the same fashion, but when you get it it will fly really similar. Mine is probably 7.5/10 and been there for almost a full year now 4/5 rounds a week.

Thanks for the feedback. My DX Teebird has been a game-changer for me. If I can get something that holds its characteristics longer, I am all over it. I can disc up to the Champ in the wind, too.

Just got my first 150 star 'bird this week. Can hardly wait to throw it tomorrow.

I just put my 155 star into the drink last week. :(

I got a 150 champ coming, hope it's as tasty.

I say tra a 150 champ Leo too. Another game changer and as deadly a combo as their heavy weight brethren. 150 star teebird/Leo combo is just plain nasty!

I haven't ever thrown anything this light. Am I going to have trouble going back and forth between a 150 g and, say, something in the low 160s?

Nope just give it a little time. My drivers are 150s mids are low 170s. Just have to remember smooth is far. Actually throwing 150 drivers has made my mid game better because I'm smoother now.