• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] From hype to horror-DON'T POST A GROOVE THREAD UNTIL YOU READ THIS!

Do you hate the groove

• YES(Always)

Votes: 221 52.7%
  • NO(Never)

Votes: 138 32.9%
  • SOMETIMES(When it doesnt do what you want it to...but you still throw it)

Votes: 60 14.3%

• Total voters
I have thrown one a few times, so I don't really have an opinion on it. I would imagine many people are the same way.

How many people really need an understable speed 13 disc?

I've only thrown a Groove once. A buddy of mine was like "I don't need this disc anymore" and left it on the fairway. I picked it up, pointed at my target about 400' away and laid it up. He still has that Groove.

I couldn't throw it regularly though, it feels weird in my hand as does every 2.1cm+ disc.

thrown 4 different ones, none were the same at all (took the fact that 1 was new and 1 was beat into consideration). i dont preach hating it or anything, i just stay away thats all...

the monarch [mentioned above] on the other hand is awesome even though i havent thrown them in a good year or two.

i really hate that mold but i have an ace with a groove, so i have mixed emotions. i dont throw it anymore, that says enough..

I don't want one but I don't hate it. To hate it would mean that I have some sort of emotional tie to it; and I couldn't care less about the thing.

Rarely use it unless I am throwing on a mountain course for a second shot. Never for a first.

back when i first started, i only threw forehand and tomahawk and i found a groove and started using it and my only driver. for tomahawks, the thing absolutely bombs, though i didnt think it was good at shaping lines because it was so overstable. forehand, it was long with hard fade for me. i liked it alright, but i lost it on a bad tomahawk throw in the woods and i never got another one.

so that being said, i neither like it or hate it. i think there are discs that do the same job as it better, but i didnt think it was that bad.

I don't hate the disc. I'm ambivalent about the disc, but I really like this song.

Innova marketed the Groove as a superfast understable disc that adds distance for weaker arms. When they actually started producing it, it turned out to be a predictably overstable meathook. I think a lot of the hatred of the disc comes from the false expectations. If Innova marketed it as "like a faster, more overstable Firebird," people might not hate it so much.

i use to like it alot when i was first playing and threw only sidearm. then i started throwing backhand an didnt throw it anymorr

"No" seemed like the most appropriate answer. I have one that I got as part of a prize pack for a tourney. I threw it a few times. I didn't like it so it now resides in the trunk of my car. I don't hate it though. Maybe I would if I actually bought one because of the hype when they first came out.

I don't hate any disc. I no longer own a Groove, nor do I have any intention of purchasing one. If I found one, I would give it away.

The "I hate the Groove" is a similar group of munchkins that call you a terrorist if you don't "disc down". It's one disc, it's for big arms, if you don't like it - don't throw it, move on. I don't throw the Groove, but I have seen folks with reasonably good FH that enjoy it. To each their own.

Innova marketed the Groove as a superfast understable disc that adds distance for weaker arms. When they actually started producing it, it turned out to be a predictably overstable meathook. I think a lot of the hatred of the disc comes from the false expectations. If Innova marketed it as "like a faster, more overstable Firebird," people might not hate it so much.

This.

I love the Groove. I use it for sidearm throws and if you get the release right she's straight as an arrow with a killer fade to the right every time. If the hole rolls right the groove is all I use!

For those who like the Groove....I have one on my Thread I will gladly trade...its Brand new only field tested....and am sick of looking at it lol