• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] From hype to horror-DON'T POST A GROOVE THREAD UNTIL YOU READ THIS!

Do you hate the groove

• YES(Always)

Votes: 221 52.7%
  • NO(Never)

Votes: 138 32.9%
  • SOMETIMES(When it doesnt do what you want it to...but you still throw it)

Votes: 60 14.3%

• Total voters
Yeah. I guess I need to use something a little better than Defenders for throw aways and maybe a DX Orc wouldn't be much better. They are so bad, they don't even know when to go in the drink. I think next time I am near Blue Heron I should stop to see if I can carry hole 21 with those.

oh yeah! i can't wait to try my luck at Blue Heron again. i've only been there once and i couldn't clear 21. lost my #3 slice (floater junk disc).

next time i go i will for sure throw a groove over it. what's the distance? i wonder if anyone has checked that on google earth yet... maybe 340' slightly downhill?

oh yeah! i can't wait to try my luck at Blue Heron again. i've only been there once and i couldn't clear 21. lost my #3 slice (floater junk disc).

next time i go i will for sure throw a groove over it. what's the distance? i wonder if anyone has checked that on google earth yet... maybe 340' slightly downhill?

I google earthed it after I saw the sign saying 310' to clear the water and it came out about right. I was disappointed I sank 2 beat DX Valks trying and failing for only 310'. Grant it, I was very close and a bit on the far right shore, but still!

i never hate the groove. it fills a fantastic spot in my bag as my junk disc for holes where the chance of losing a disc is higher.

for example, when tee'ing off over a large water hazard, i have a choice between a dragon and a $4 groove purchased from this site. ... for me a groove flys much better than a dragon

here's a tee that shows why you may choose an overstable junk disc that you don't mind losing over an understable dragon

09a7269e.jpg

i parked this with my groove. had i thrown the dragon it's possible i could have done the same, but it's just as possible that i wouldn't have hit land at all. a groove is overstable enough to come back for sure.

Exactly. It will never be a regular in my bag but when water is around or I am throwing on a mountain course, it isn't too bad of an option. I think there are worse discs out there no question.

BTW, Nice photo Brall, that hole looks killer!

Yeah. I guess I need to use something a little better than Defenders for throw aways and maybe a DX Orc wouldn't be much better. They are so bad, they don't even know when to go in the drink. I think next time I am near Blue Heron I should stop to see if I can carry hole 21 with those.

DX Orcs get flippy faster than any other DX disc I have owned. I love my Champ/Star Orcs, but the DX is just worthless.

Brall beat me to it.

I don't know if that was my favorite hole. I tend to favor the holes I threw decent on. lol

Almost lost my vision on that hole! Got a nice birdie, but I swear 6 inches lower and it was in the water!

Topic: When I threw sidearm I actually like my groove, but when I had to switch to lefty backhand I wasnt a fan of that disc anymore.

I don't hate it at all. Any disc that keeps the general masses confused gives me more time to continue getting better than them.

I google earthed it after I saw the sign saying 310' to clear the water and it came out about right. I was disappointed I sank 2 beat DX Valks trying and failing for only 310'. Grant it, I was very close and a bit on the far right shore, but still!

looks like 340ish from the tee and 240-250ish from a decent place to throw from the water.

next time i play i'll probably still just putt forward to a nice flatter spot like i did before. can't wait to try it again!

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 340 Tee.JPG
    340 Tee.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 240 Fairway.JPG
    240 Fairway.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 24
I liked mine but understand the bad press. I just got lucky. Anywho, when are the mods going to just kill off any thread involving the groove? The horse is dead. It has been beaten until there's nothing left but fur and horse juice. Let it rest in peace.

looks like 340ish from the tee and 240-250ish from a decent place to throw from the water.

next time i play i'll probably still just putt forward to a nice flatter spot like i did before. can't wait to try it again!

Well; I certainly like that number much better than 310'. :thmbup: