• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] From hype to horror-DON'T POST A GROOVE THREAD UNTIL YOU READ THIS!

Do you hate the groove

• YES(Always)

Votes: 221 52.7%
  • NO(Never)

Votes: 138 32.9%
  • SOMETIMES(When it doesnt do what you want it to...but you still throw it)

Votes: 60 14.3%

• Total voters
This appears to be another groove hate thread, which is a flamable offense, but the OB is asking "how can I make this POS work?" not "tell me how much you hate it".

I use my groove a lot. On hole 9 there is a straight tunnel shot 300 feet. I take out my groove fill it with water and give it to my dog while I break out the Buzzz :). I have not been able to figure that disc out, and even when you do, the next groove you touch will be totally different.

Thanks for understanding the post! I'm gonna beat the snot out of it and give it another throw. If it still doesn't work out...I'm putting it back where I found it for the next sucker! Thanks for the advice guys!

OP: "The groove...worst disc ever?"

yes

I use my groove a lot. On hole 9 there is a straight tunnel shot 300 feet. I take out my groove fill it with water and give it to my dog while I break out the Buzzz :).
:thmbup:

lulz

Last edited:
^^ mrdans4... interesting avatar. pretty flight path indeed. :D

EmpNewGroove.jpg

My buddy swears by the groove for rhfh. When he gets it right it goes for big distance,when he gets it wrong its a gone. I've seen him go through 4 grooves this year so far and he won't stop. I've only thrown one a few times and hated it. One minute it will go laser straight the next its turning and burning. I'd rather throw a garbage can lid then a groove ever again...

My buddy swears by the groove for rhfh. When he gets it right it goes for big distance,when he gets it wrong its a gone. I've seen him go through 4 grooves this year so far and he won't stop. I've only thrown one a few times and hated it. One minute it will go laser straight the next its turning and burning. I'd rather throw a garbage can lid then a groove ever again...

I had a Groove three? years ago that was a sweet forehand driver. I don't remember what happened to it, but when I tried to replace it (4 Grooves later) I couldn't find one that flew even remotely like my first one. I've given up on finding another one. The "snowflake quote" is pretty accurate.

I'm not sure if it's worse than the Wheel, the Turbo Putt, anything from Quest, etc. I haven't thrown everything out there.

It is the worst disc (IMO) made by Innova.

Actually I don't think it's the speed I have a problem with. The katana is my absolute most favorite distance disc. It goes further than any other disc I throw! That's why I thought I'd like the groove!

Grooves don't perform as advertised... not even close to it.
Glow Groove FTW!!
Best shot of a Groove I ever saw.:hfive:

Last edited:
I tried it when it came out and it was by far the least consistent disc i've used. I would never put one in my bag again that's for sure. Can't really say I hate it. I've seen a couple guys that make it work. Just not for me.

Honestly, I could care less about the Groove.

The world is so full of problems that some random mold from Innova doesn't even register with me.
And "hate" is such a strong word.

Whatever, I'm drunk.

This disc was billed as a less overstable boss. So i paid my 14$ and got a groove. Needless to say, its just as overstable as a boss with alot less consistant price. One of the many reasons innova no longer gets my money.

It didn't work for me. I felt it was no different than Boss, so i was pretty disappointed. Hell, I think I still have a couple of first-run Groove that I haven't thrown. What should i do with them?

^ Oops... Scratch that. I think I only have one unused first-run Groove left. I had one in my bag that I was throwing a bit, then gave it to my brother-in-law who liked it. Needless to say, he threw it in the lake few hours later after I gave it to him!

I normally throw a beast, but I use the groove when I need a long hyzer or into a headwind. To each his own...

i never hate the groove. it fills a fantastic spot in my bag as my junk disc for holes where the chance of losing a disc is higher.

for example, when tee'ing off over a large water hazard, i have a choice between a dragon and a $4 groove purchased from this site. ... for me a groove flys much better than a dragon

here's a tee that shows why you may choose an overstable junk disc that you don't mind losing over an understable dragon

09a7269e.jpg

i parked this with my groove. had i thrown the dragon it's possible i could have done the same, but it's just as possible that i wouldn't have hit land at all. a groove is overstable enough to come back for sure.