• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Get Buzzzed!

Should I Get a Buzzz?

• Go for it!

Votes: 85 93.4%
  • What's wrong with you?! Get something else!

Votes: 6 6.6%

• Total voters
Buzzz

Different strokes for different folks...I bought a DX Roc early on (after a shark actually) and have never give it up. My bag now has 3 or 4 Rocs at any given time. I actually bought a Glow Z Buzzz though but never really got that tingly feeling people talk about. I still have the Buzzz and pull it out every now and then but it has not found a place in the bag.

Having said all that, if you have the $ grab one and see for yourself. Trying new plastic is part of the fun. These things are so personal though. Nobody on here is going to tell you whether or not you will like a disc. People can only tell you if it works for them.

This website has made buying plastic so freakin' awesome. Go buy it. Just do it. If you don't like it, then trade it to somebody in the marketplace .... I no longer fear any plastic purchases, for I can just trade them for something I like. It makes me almost god like ... like .. the rest of the people here. lol

Z seems to be the most common. It is also the Buzzz I use most frequently. I do however carry an X and a D Buzzz. I also have a few backups in the forms of ESP (x2) and Z. The plastic is all preferential, but keep in mind that the Z is the most stable.

Lol, I voted no. Ain't I just the dickens? I do encourage you to lose the Shark though, never been a fan. But if you want the control of a beat Shark but with more glide, the answer is QMS.

Lol, I voted no. Ain't I just the dickens?

oh_you.jpg

The Z's are great, but I really prefer ESP. They're not quite as stable and will beat in faster, but they also fly a little straighter and are still stable enough for a lot of power and some wind. Most importantly, ESP is a must in the cold weather that is approaching. Seriously, go buy this disc!

If you're serious about wanting to trade for a buzzz,

I have a blue 175g ESP thats inked, that I could part with, its a solid 8/10,

or a 10/10 Cryztal Buzzz, thats heavy (around 174-178g) with the 2010 pro worlds stamp on it.

shoot me a pm if you're interested. :)

Haha, I guess the real question is do you want one or not. Thats up to you. Do you need one, no. Would you like to have one, thats up to you.

I own the Buzzz in Pro D, Elite X, Elite Z, Glow Z, and ESP. Thoughts:

Pro D: I have never liked this plastic for anything other than putters. No good for the Buzzz. One taco shot and you're done. I never use this disc, as it was beat all to hell after about 3 weeks of use.

Elite X: Good, long, stable flight. Relatively easy to turn over compared to the other Buzzz options, but still takes the power very well. Nice an' grippy.

Elite Z: Generally more overstable than the X or ESP Buzzz's, these discs have a very reliable late fade. They are pretty slick, especially if it is cold out. They bounce with impressive recoil if you strike a tree, which can send you quite significantly of course. Can take a ton of punishment like all Z discs.

Glow Z: More overstable than the regular Z Buzzz, and also significantly more flat on the top. It is mostly just like the regular Z, but I really have to crank this one if I want to turn it over. Mostly I use this for long, gentle hyzers.

ESP: Stable to overstable, this disc has a bit more dome on the top. I love this disc because it is nearly as durable as the Z plastic with decent grip and it is easier for me to fly it a bit understable if I need to. It has a high tree-bounce factor, which is my only gripe. This is the meat of my game.

I have only seen and held an FLX Buzzz, so I don't have much to say about it. BCR commented that that the floppiness of the FLX nearly eliminates tree-pinball, so it might be worth trying out.

All of my Buzzz discs are marked 172 gram, so the weight shouldn't be much of a factor in my analysis above.

The Buzz is a fine mid. I don't normally carry one but I have one in my spare bag. I prefer it over a shark any day.

Get a Z Buzz.. It's my go-to disc after my initial drive. I almost lost mine today, but since I traded my other buzz off I had to go get it. I didn't go into the water to chase my last two Champ Monarchs, but I went in instantly for my buzz.