• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Glow gazelles (Star and Champ Coming Soon)

booter

* Ace Member *
So whats the consensus on these? I was throwing esp clones for a short bit but scooped up a glo gaz and fell in love. i stocked up on em but id love a star gaz. Anywho,between the glo gaz and leo i think ive got my fairway slots filled permanantly. Any other throwers of the glows?

I know a couple of guys in KC that throw the Glow Gazelle. We had them printed for the KC Wide Open last year.

They look way more overstable than the Cyclone, but I haven't thrown one. I've just watched some of my friends throw them.

fairly overstable, but fly nice... if you like that 'brand new gazelle' feeling and wish it stayed that way, there ya go. i thought they were much harder to throw and had a little less glide than a cyclone.

@pep -well for one ,to me, it feels more comfortable. A little more overstable and just straight as can b when thrown hard. Ive thrown it in mild headwinds and get a little turn out of it for some nice flex shots. Definitely more workable,to me,tan rhe clone. The clone couldnt handle wind for shit but was basically my longer buzzz in a calm. for a few momths i used eagles n clones then recently tried leos n glo gazs. I just kept reaching for the gazelle over the clone. That and its a good sidearm disc for tight lanes.i got to see this first hand this weekend at a tourney i used it at.its definitely made a good impression on me.to me they went just as far,seemed faster and werent hard to throw with good snap. I tjrow flat and these never turned n burned into a mild headwind.definitly not ridiculous in stability to b like a fb but it a like a nice eagle x to me.

Hence the reason i am selling all my clones :)

I did notice that there are alot of overweight glo gaz out there. I weighed about 30 and out of all those i found 11 177+ .couple at 181. Mine that i use is a 175 .i havnt thrown a lighter one yet to see if theres any diff in stability.

I love em. They tolerate my OAT inconsistencies much better than the cyclones do and are very nice overhand approach discs as well. They are also much comfier in the hand than cyclones.

I agree about the comfier in the hand part. I could throw cyclones a bit farther. That's the only advantage I'd really give to them. I could throw them almost interchangeably.

I dig these gazelles, I got a few of the AOs on DGV and they keep that new car smell much longer than DX. My only qualms are that they're white, which means I can only throw them 4 months a year :( I do throw a lot of DX during the course of the year.

I just recently lost one of my gazelles and had a cyclone in my trunk, so I've been throwing that a little lately. I think I'll keep throwing it for a bit to get more perspective on my beloved gazelles.

Speaking DGV, I can't get the page to load, must be down for updates or something.

I've considered that but I'm not experienced in dying, I guess i should learn. I'll be able to dye them all bright pink, yellow, or orange and not have a problem. I'll have to read up more on this and just do it....I'm not going to learn any other way.

I'd love to see Innova produce another like the 11x KC Pro Gazelle...but this one doesn't sound anywhere close.

I have wandered away from Gazelles again but I do have a couple of the glow champs and they were great while I was throwing them. I think they started out a tick more stable than DX but that might be my imagination since every time I put a new DX one in the bag I'm surprised on the first throw how stable it starts out. It's really a shame that Innova won't do regular production Star Gazelles, I suspect that if they did so and especially if they were able to make regular champ ones that fly like the glows then they wouldn't have a problem with the mold not selling well.

JHern said:
I'd love to see Innova produce another like the 11x KC Pro Gazelle...but this one doesn't sound anywhere close.

I'd LOVE it if Innova would make KC Gazelles again, the few that I did have (and lost :cry: ) felt awesome and kept their stability....they were also a different color than Glow Champ.

Roy said:
dgdave said:
Dye them glows

I dyed mine black to throw in the snow, does that count?

I've considered that as well, but I'll then want to throw them in the summer. Arrghh, can't win either way...white is a bad, bad color :|

JimW said:
I have wandered away from Gazelles again but I do have a couple of the glow champs and they were great while I was throwing them. I think they started out a tick more stable than DX but that might be my imagination since every time I put a new DX one in the bag I'm surprised on the first throw how stable it starts out. It's really a shame that Innova won't do regular production Star Gazelles, I suspect that if they did so and especially if they were able to make regular champ ones that fly like the glows then they wouldn't have a problem with the mold not selling well.

Innova claims that the Gazelles don't sell well? I thought I remembered reading something about Innova discontinuing this disc. I'm not sure why as it was a major player and is still a great disc. Most of the younger generation and the one-disc-johhnys are caught up in the hype and what "sounds" cool. I understand they're a business and have to make money, but...

Timko said:
Dave, do you think a Gazelle run in the KC Plastic would be feasible? Do you think it would hold up longer than dx?
DaveD said:
able to do anything other than Rocs and Aviars.

We will have a Star or Champion Gazelle available.
Timko said:
Is that something that's planned to be run, has already been run and needs to be stamped, or is ready for distribution? Will it be CFR or regular production?
DaveD said:
It will be part of a Factory Store we are planning. Many of the out-of-production models will be available there. I believe driver Pro and Star have been run, but the store isn't ready yet.

I always liked Gazelles when I had them but I HATE DX plastic. I am sure I will get some of em now that they are going to be available in Premium plastic! Nice move Innova!

Latest posts