• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Go with the FLOW

Only the flippy early blue GL flat Flows and possible later similar ones are anything close to an Archon. Normal Flows are way more HSS and the LSS type is different. They fade late, but not as hard as the Archon. Normal Flows have a higher power requirement to not start fading so it would probably be too much for you. The late fade is more for a 400' thrower comment.

I wish there was a standard definition of "400'" or other such distances. I always assume you mean on a frozen rope type line. But I am never quite sure. I can throw my sword to about 375' on a line, 400 on a high end. I never throw "distance" lines unless I am on the most wide open of holes and can throw my beat pro destroyer and can hit 450' no problem(w/ no headwind or it might be a 450' roller). Anyway I think sometimes people(like myself) can never quite tell. I personally am using the benchmark of 400' w. a teebird. Hitting that, would mean I am officially a long thrower in my book.

I don't get 400' from a TB. River is the slowest disc i can get to 400'. Line drives. I had silly small success rate with the King 166, that ain't as straight as the domier one with distance lines. Minimal headwind landed at around 410-420' on asphalt skipping to 468' in field practice. Normally i'm happy to have skips from astroturf on that field to 410' and less than a third going farther than that. Nukes and Kings. I would not call myself more than 400' thrower based on golf distance with line drives, that have to be accurate, repeatable to a point and plannable in distance in pre throw assessment. While i can at times get airborne flight of 400'+ in golf situations it so rare and so little more than 400', that it won't change planning.

Love my flows. My fav opaque pink one is still heavy in the lss but has lost hss. I can still huck that thing in light headwind. I also have a domey opto that is as beefy as an aj destroyer. I love it too!

Flow is here for good

Booter said:
Hey lat... grip line flow? Please!?

Why? For the distinctive POHNK noise the yellow Grip Line Medius and Vision made when taking an immobile object square on? For some reason Grip Line putters don't make the same sound...hmmm.

Beat up a GL Flow, especially a lighter one to get where I think you're going.

Just got this flow. It's domey and stiff. Should this be one of the stable ones? The only other one i've thrown was one of the flat flippy blur GL.

IMG_20111106_141356.jpg

I've only ever thrown yellow opto ones, but they are domey and stiff and are definitely more stable than their gl counterparts. I don't throw as far as you but for me they are stable enough to use into a bit of a headwind without worrying about it. Not as long as my gl's though.

Without seeing the side profile about dome height and PLH i can only second, what what said :) Or was it whatwhatwhat from Southpark? :)

I had a domey GL Flow that was purple in color with gray swirls in it. It flew exactly like I'd want a domey Opto Flow to season into. I really liked that disc...until I lost it. Are all of the domey GL's flying the same, regardless of color. I want to get another GL Flow, but I want to make sure it will be like the one that I had before.

My gl flows, all yellow, are perfect complements to my domey opto flows. The gl's are definitely not as domey as the optos though, definitely not as stable or reliable into a wind as the optos.

The domey Opto are sneaky long. They glide forward through the fade much more than a destroyer. They have more turn than a destroyer, but have enough LSS to pull out of the turn. Ton of glide too. I was throwing them again my destroyers and thinking they were close, but the flows were consistently 30ft further. I can't throw 450-470 on command anymore. I'm about 410-420 with my destroyers now, but i was pushing 440-450 with these flows.

Booter said:
I know domey white gls are beefy so thats prob not what u want

i just got my first white GL anything (its a river) and its UBER slick. like crazy not-grippy. you or anyone else familiar with this?

GripEnemyS2K said:
i just got my first white GL anything (its a river) and its UBER slick. like crazy not-grippy. you or anyone else familiar with this?

Replaced out a lost lightweight GL River with a white one just recently and have not noticed any grip difference compared to my other GL discs. Have you tried a soap and warm water bath to eliminate the possibility of mold release or somesuch?

Dag said:
Replaced out a lost lightweight GL River with a white one just recently and have not noticed any grip difference compared to my other GL discs. Have you tried a soap and warm water bath to eliminate the possibility of mold release or somesuch?

yessir, no luck. most slick disc ive ever held in my entire life - any plastic/any company. not sure if i just abuse it a little itll lose that or not but ive been thinkin about it. its also my 5th in line for my GL rivers, so its not like ill need to throw it before 2013 anyway (knock on wood).

what'shisname said:
The gl's are definitely not as domey as the optos though, definitely not as stable or reliable into a wind as the optos.

The purple w/gray swirl GL Flow I had was just as domey as my domey Opto. It was fantastic because it had the same glide as the Opto, but was just a little less stable. It was kind of like a de-flashed Opto that's been used for a few rounds. I may experiment until I get down to Clearwater next, sometime this summer. I've only ever seen the blue be flat. What colors are the most domey in Flows?

Latest posts