• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Gonna get hate for this... But the Groove

yeah. My opinion of DGCR's most popular discs

1. Opto Pure
2. Zone
3. Leopard
4. River
5. Saint
6. Ion
7. Teebird
8. PD
9. Pro Rhyno
10. Eagle

I wasn't sure if the Saint was that fast into the list. So I figured I'd say 15 for the sake of being safe. is the Opto Pure really that liked?

from what i have seen with the groove it flies pretty true to what its flight pattern is supposed to be, but i agree its not for everyone. also, from my experience, people who play baseball and have other sports experience GENERALLY pick up the game faster and throw farther.

I agree that being an athlete CAN be beneficial to picking up a new sport, but I don't know of anything in baseball that translates well to good BH or FH form, unless you're a sidearm pitcher. Maybe not even then.

Played for a year and a half; condescendingly calls people noobs. :wall:

I wasn't sure if the Saint was that fast into the list. So I figured I'd say 15 for the sake of being safe. is the Opto Pure really that liked?

Start a "which putter" thread and watch what happens....please don't really start another putter thread.

I agree that being an athlete CAN be beneficial to picking up a new sport, but I don't know of anything in baseball that translates well to good BH or FH form, unless you're a sidearm pitcher. Maybe not even then.

How about just being coordinated, athletic, and in good shape?

I had a groove that occaisionally flew like a dream but most of the time it was very flippy. It was suprisingly understable. I had to throw it like I throw my Monarch now.

No hate here

Jimmy Stroud, a young Des Moines player with a lot of potential, has excellent control with his Champion Groove. If you choose not to throw the Groove, I hope it is because you've tried it and not cared for it, instead of never tried it because of its reputation. I suspect that, like Mikey, some of you might like it if you tried it.

1. Opto Pure
2. Zone
3. Leopard
4. River
5. Saint
6. Ion
7. Teebird
8. PD
9. Pro Rhyno
10. Eagle

Are you talking about the discs that fanboys yell most loudly about? Then I can see this list being fairly accurate. As far as actual discs being thrown by the 33,000 members of this site?

That list would have to include the Buzz, Roc, and a version of the Aviar. Maybe Wizard too.

In fact, the list of most popular discs used would proabably be all Innova, and Discraft.

I dont throw a single one of those discs on rubes list

But I promise you more people throw a Destroyer than the y do
#'s 4,5,6,8&9

1. Opto Pure
2. Zone
3. Leopard
4. River
5. Saint
6. Ion
7. Teebird
8. PD
9. Pro Rhyno
10. Eagle

This list is just begging for its own thread so we can all argue about how wrong and stupid you are, and then you can tell us we're wrong and stupid.

Example:

Me: "You put the Saint above the Teebird? Are you retarded? That's asinine!"

You: "I've been playing longer than you and my name is a noun, so shut up."

Me: "DOMINATE!"

You: "Well said."

(I throw about half of those discs so I have a hard time arguing with your list as a whole)

Are you talking about the discs that fanboys yell most loudly about? Then I can see this list being fairly accurate. As far as actual discs being thrown by the 33,000 members of this site?

That list would have to include the Buzz, Roc, and a version of the Aviar. Maybe Wizard too.

In fact, the list of most popular discs used would proabably be all Innova, and Discraft.

I can't believe I forgot the wizard :doh:
but yes this list is what people get loud and excited about. The discs that everyone recommends in every thread.

Personally I feel like every one talks WAY too much about ABC discs..

I have only seen the Flying Squirrel mentioned. I can not remember the last time someone posted something about the Secret Weapon, Mission, or Gamma Ray.
They are good discs, but I had something just a little better in each slot.

I have only seen the Flying Squirrel mentioned. I can not remember the last time someone posted something about the Secret Weapon, Mission, or Gamma Ray.
They are good discs, but I had something just a little better in each slot.

I own a Secret Weapon and Flying Squirrel. The Secret Weapon is actually in my bag... the Flying Squirrel however, you could spike that disc and it would still end up flipping:wall:

Latest posts