• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip-eq G Series

Depending on price point I may pick one up.. looks like it would be nice for work travel.

I'm guessing you could put quads on it too.

Wonder if you can fit discs in the backside pocket?

Is Grip-eq.com the only place to get this, i can´t see and other store that have it

Really want this bag, but wonder what Pounds new smal bag will look like

Weird that they would release this bag which seems to compete with the cs15. They both have around the same storage capacity but the cs15 has backpack straps instead of the sling. It just seems better all around. Interested to see the new pound bag and how it compares.

There are just so many great small bags out there right now.

Wow, this bag looks awesome! I love that it has backpack features but you wear it on the shoulder. Depending on the price, I might pick one up.

Not sure what I think of it. Seems too busy for a small bag.

Holds less discs than an Innova standard, (which I use occasionally) but has lots of pockets. I'm a minimalist on the course, if I'm only carrying a few discs, I'm not carrying tons of stuff to put in the pockets. Just me though.

I have a C-15 and it's pretty much perfect for me.

Have to see what the price is going be. Can't see it being cheap enough to warrant the purchase though.

Not sure what I think of it. Seems too busy for a small bag.

Holds less discs than an Innova standard, (which I use occasionally) but has lots of pockets. I'm a minimalist on the course, if I'm only carrying a few discs, I'm not carrying tons of stuff to put in the pockets. Just me though.

I have a C-15 and it's pretty much perfect for me.

Have to see what the price is going be. Can't see it being cheap enough to warrant the purchase though.

$99 is the rumor around town

My thoughts too.

I bought my c-15 day after Christmas sale with free shipping for $115

$99 seems a bit much for it's use, but hey, who knows, may be the next trend, minimalism with shoulder bags! All the carts are going to be sold for scrap metal, old school is back!:\

$99 is the rumor around town

Hard pass. Seems like your paying for the name grip not the actual product. I was thinking it would be 69.99 and I would say that was too much. But for 100 bucks I can get a nice fade bag that holds the same amount plus some discs.

I don´t have any problems with a $100 pricepoint. . i mean, sig. discs go for $25, and a nice bag feels more complicated and expensive to make than four discs.

But i´m Swedish and had to pay $500 for my Pound Octo, so for me the Grip bags are a bargain

It´s up now for $99 on Grips page. . but when can i order it from other stores than Grips?

While the $99 price point did rankle me a bit at first, I started thinking about what I've paid for other DG bags over the past 18 years. I've had quite a few bags that were purchased and fell apart within the first 6-12 months. While I could go buy a crunchbox or juju for a third of this one, I'll gladly pay more for a quality built bag. In my past experiences with Voodoo(Karma bag) and Fade(Crunch), they wore out inside of 18 months. Also given some of the ordering issues people have had with Voodoo lately, I'd be even more hesitant to buy a bag from them. My B-Series is going on three years strong and shows very little sign of wear and tear on it.

Jolt does make a good point, people buy disc's that'll run you $25+ per disc and nobody bats an eye at that.

I have similar thoughts to many of you -- I'm intrigued, but not at a $100 price point.

-I typically use an MVP Voyager. Got it for $80ish on sale when they started transitioning over to making Voyager Pros instead. Great bag, plenty of storage/versatility/bells and whistles especially for the price I paid.
-If I'm playing a really hilly course and I don't need as much storage, then I'll sometimes carry my old Dynamic Discs Trooper instead. $40 entry level bag won't hold up forever, but it's fine for periodic use and it's super lightweight.
-If I'm doing fieldwork or going minimalist then I use one of those 8 disc Kestrel bags from Amazon. I think I paid <$20. Was my first bag.

The G Series bag would fill a nice gap between my Kestrel and Trooper. It'd likely be my travel bag for work trips and vacations. There are times I want to carry a couple more discs than a Kestrel allows, but not go all the way up to a Trooper or Voyager since both really function best at 18+ discs. I don't mind paying $100 for a bag, but not for one that would only get situational use from me.

Man, I love the idea of this bag, but can't justify the price point when I already have an ax-15. Maybe when they inevitably put it on sale like Grip always does.