• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip-eq G Series

Can anyone give an updated review on how they are enjoying/or not this bag?

I still like mine, but I don't use it like a normal bag. I have it hooked to the back of my Zuca LG Cart as my storage for towels, scorecards, tester discs, hoodie storage, etc. could I have gotten a cheaper option for this? Sure, but I already bought this expensive bag...might as well use it [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still like mine, but I don't use it like a normal bag. I have it hooked to the back of my Zuca LG Cart as my storage for towels, scorecards, tester discs, hoodie storage, etc. could I have gotten a cheaper option for this? Sure, but I already bought this expensive bag...might as well use it [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you did use it as a single bag, what did you like/dislike?

When you did use it as a single bag, what did you like/dislike?

- Very well constructed...just like other grip bags.
- The disc pocket in the primary area is removable.
- The small zipper area on the back side of the bag(This is also a dislike as well). If you have the disc pocket still in the main compartment, the back pocket is still usable and pretty handy.
- The magnetic side pockets are pretty slick
- The zippered stretch pocket/holder is a cool concept.

Dislikes:
- The price tag. I feel like this bag should only cost around $50 instead of the $99 they're currently selling it for.
- While you can rig up quad shocks to the bag, it's not exactly comfortable.
- The small zipper area on the back side of the bag. If you take the disc pocket out of the main disc storage area, then this pocket isn't overly useful.
- Given the limited footprint of this bag, the zippered stretch pocket/holder can only hold a smaller bottle.

In the end, would I buy this bag again? Probably not. I would just go grab some sort of starter bag or if you can find them, a Voodoo Juju or Fade Crunchbox.

I almost bought one of these for a friend when they first came out, but now I'm kind of glad I held off.

I'd really like to see Grip make a quality version of the standard shoulder bag where the top flap just folds over to the side, instead of tucking into the bag. My Innova Standard bag still does the job fine, but it's about as soft as an old sock now.

Can anyone give an updated review on how they are enjoying/or not this bag?

I've been carrying the new G-series for a number of rounds and I recorded a video review of the bag: https://youtu.be/dVkBcm5vQRI

I echo most everything mentioned in this great bag review video. The only thing I would add is there is an elastic drawstring in the inside of the bag to adjust the top putter pouch depth. I carry 12 in mine: 5 in the bottom, 3 in the middle, 2 up top, and 2 in the front.

My only 2 small gripes:
- It only has a D ring on one side of the bag near the top, forcing you to attach quads to the grab handle. This simple oversight baffles me. I'll probably sew one on the other side myself.

- I wish the front pocket was just the slightest bit bigger to accommodate 3 discs. I've been jamming 3 in there trying to stretch it out.

Before winning this bag, I was using a Voodoo Juju almost exclusively for a couple years. After my first round with the G, the Juju was demoted to practice putter bag. The build quality, stability, storage room and versatility of the pockets are what set it apart from the other small bags.

I echo most everything mentioned in this great bag review video. The only thing I would add is there is an elastic drawstring in the inside of the bag to adjust the top putter pouch depth. I carry 12 in mine: 5 in the bottom, 3 in the middle, 2 up top, and 2 in the front.

My only 2 small gripes:
- It only has a D ring on one side of the bag near the top, forcing you to attach quads to the grab handle. This simple oversight baffles me. I'll probably sew one on the other side myself.

- I wish the front pocket was just the slightest bit bigger to accommodate 3 discs. I've been jamming 3 in there trying to stretch it out.

Before winning this bag, I was using a Voodoo Juju almost exclusively for a couple years. After my first round with the G, the Juju was demoted to practice putter bag. The build quality, stability, storage room and versatility of the pockets are what set it apart from the other small bags.

They make for Tool stuff 3 point attachment quad straps mostly to help hold up larger tool belts that when full become too heavy to hold up with just the belt. You can get one of these provided it is the clip on type. https://www.amazon.com/Suspender-po...t+suspender+straps&qid=1583726709&s=hi&sr=1-2

Last edited:
Ordered one today because I am looking for a shoulder bag. My Crunchbox is in its last legs, and I just need something for those everyday round. I already have a Grip A, a Latitude E3, and the AT Zuca. No regrets in getting them, but I definitely might have spent my money differently.

Backpacks are great for those bigger rounds, but in all honesty, unless I am trying to do everything possible to keep a league or tournament score down, my everyday rounds generally do not call for more than 5-7 discs. A shoulder carried bag keeps me moving faster because of the easier access to grabbing or putting away discs while walking. And yet, as I learned from my Crunch, I need something durable and sturdy with some storage.

Yes, the price tag was very scary, but everything else about the bag seems to be what I am looking for.

Bought mine last year. Practically days after seeing the video. I was really intrigued because I travel a lot & don't always want to haul the cart around.

Was a bit disappointed with the limited disc space - would like to be able to fit at least one more disc in. The putter pocket turns out is too small for my putter - 2011 A/R Zeppelin - to easily slid in & out.

The main thing I do not like about the bag is the strap, or rather how it is just a pain in the arse to adjust every stinking time you pick it up. Sure, I could have the presence of mind to be aware of how I place the bag/strap down each & every time so that it is ready to go. But does one really want to have to think about how they put their bag down? Not me.

Otherwise, it's a nice little bag, but now I only have it to carry my glow round discs.

First day, and I already have mixed feelings. I do not live with regrets, what a waste of time and money, so I will make it work for my intended purpose of purchasing it.

Size-wise, compactness, and ease of apparent use - it is exactly what I hope for. So in the end, I will be happy.

My howevers however.

1) I am 6'1". Nothing extraordinary, but the strap was about three inches too short to comfortably have it rest against my hip. It was a little uncomfortable reaching my arm through so I could have the strap cross my chest instead of it just hanging off the shoulder. Thankfully, it was not difficult to remove the strap and replace it with something that works better.

2) In the main compartment is a sleeve to hold 2-3 discs. It is like a divider, but it does not sit on the bottom, instead being suspended an inch above it. Yes, it works as a divider, but the discs in front of it try to slide underneath this gap, making them a pain to get at. This sleeve, I found after a closer inspection, is adjustable, but it never cleanly rests on the bottom.

3) This sleeve has a higher backing. Maybe it is to better hold back the top flap when folded in, but this higher backing sticks out the top and bends over the discs. It looks weird but does not interfere with disc retrieval. In the end, I just took it out. Now, there is no divider between my discs, but they all sit cleanly on the bottom.

4) The top compartment could be a putter pouch, but it is useless for anything else. In the inside of the bag, this pouch has open sides. If you were to use it for keys or a phone, they would like slip out the sides and fall into the main compartment. In the end, I decided to put my water disc, a Champ TeeBird, in that space and zip it up. The pocket on the front of the bag fits a putter nicely, and maybe as it stretches, it could eventually hold two.

5) No space anywhere to hold a drink. On those hotter summer days, I better be playing a quick round or carry something separately.

But let's talk about the first day positives.

1) Light weight despite being sturdy and feeling well-constructed. I have it at 10 discs, more than what I need for the local courses where I am only playing casually. I barely notice it when I am walking. I bought it so I can have easy access to whatever I am carrying while I am walking. I cannot do this with either of my backpacks or my cart. My Crunch is falling apart and my UPD Focus never lived up to my expectations.

2) Side pocket storage is phenomenal for its small size. While the back pocket can hold quite a bit, if you stuff it too much, it could interfere with the disc in the main compartment pressing against it - hence, one of the reasons I put the TeeBird in the top pocket despite almost never using it, so it can act as a buffer between that back pocket and the discs in the main compartment.

3) Easily adaptable to be a bag for any occasion, not disc golf. However, all the dimensions and storage is clearly sized for discs, so it is not like I can get any small bag and accomplish the same thing.

4) Solid bottom and evenly distributed weight. Did not tip over once when setting it down.

In the end, I am glad I bought I, but if I had a hand in the design of it, there are definitely a few things I would change.

Thank you for the impressions and review of this bag. Around Christmas time I was looking to purchase this bag, but couldn't find too much info on it. I ended up going with the CS2 and don't regret the larger size. I still have an interest in the G series, but I'll wait to see if they make a rev2 with some improvements later this year.

As a side note: My local disc shop no longer carries any Grip bags and I have no desire to buy something like this sight unseen from online retailers.

G looks like a decent bag, but I'm really glad I went with the CS. I bring the kids a lot and there's no way I'd be able to pack their snacks, sweatshirts, gloves, water bottles, etc in a G bag.

That said, in a year if I'm still gainfully employed and the ronapocalypse is more or less over, I'm going to buy a custom pound bag. Life is short enough I wanna treat myself.

Sure, but i can get why he wants 100 Forces to find the best ones. . but so many small bags?

I think they want to keep as much product in his hands as possible. Just from that video they probably sold enough bags to make up for the cost of what they provided Paul.

5) No space anywhere to hold a drink. On those hotter summer days, I better be playing a quick round or carry something separately.

I thought the G had room in the side pockets for water bottles?

attachment.php

Attachments

• grip.jpg
    grip.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 140
I thought the G had room in the side pockets for water bottles?

attachment.php

I suppose it could hold smaller containers now that I see that picture. But if I do that, I have no room for anything that does not lay flat. The pocket on the back can hold a few things, but if they have any bulk, like keys or a wallet, it could catch on the inner rim of the discs sitting in the main compartment - I suppose I could always flip the discs around where the flight-plate faces the back of the bag.

When I use the G, I still like to have a towel with me and a place to store my keys. At best, that means I could carry one drink. However, when I carry water, I go through it quickly. I found that it is just as easy to carry my big water container separately.

So, here are my observations after two weeks of usage:

1) Still great for those smaller rounds. However, if I am playing a more difficult course, I have been finding that I need space for two more mids or putters. It carries a total of 12 discs, but when I played The Preserve and then Sportsman's Hill (Clearwater, MN), I wish I had brought my Star Aviar3 with for me for a couple of drives. So, it makes me re-evaluate which putters and mids I carry and if any are good enough to pull double duty.

2) I removed the inner sleeve and replaced the shoulder strap to give me more length. Once I made a few modifications, it works as intended. It is meant to be my everyday bag where I want to get in a quicker round, which means going in and out of the bag while I am walking - something that was difficult to do with a backpack. However, right now I am on summer break from teaching - I still do a lot of work, but I no longer have normal office hours. This means I can get in bigger rounds, travel a little, and spend more time on the course. Right now, having a smaller bag almost feels like I am under-prepared for the day. So, once I am back into the routine of actually being in the building and then driving to the local 9 on the way home, the quicker nature of the G bag will definitely make it feel like I made a wise investment.

3) It feels very sturdy and steady. When I do have to drop it on the ground, it generally stays upright and is easy to pick up. It is incredibly light even when fully loaded. The meshing in the comfort pads on the back have started fuzzying/fraying from rubbing against my hip and back, but that is superficial wear. Everything else looks like it will last a long time despite the possibility of being used almost every day.

4) The sleeve that was provided is a bad design if you are intending the entire capacity to be used for discs. It holds two mids or three drivers, and this sleeve is velcroed so it is suspended an inch above the bottom of the bag. If you intended to use the main space in front of the sleeve for anything aside for discs, then the sleeve makes sense. In this scenario, you would have 2 discs in the upper pocket, 3 discs in the sleeve, and 1 in the front putter pocket. If you are only using 6 discs but needed storage, the sleeve makes sense. However, if you are using the full compartment for discs, the sleeve is a poor decision. It only holds only 2 discs. Now, to be even moderately fair to it, the padding of the sleeve buys a little cushion from anything bulky in the back pocket, likes keys or such, so that they do not catch on discs, but why I removed it was because, when hovering above the bottom, it created a space that the discs in front wanted to slip under, angling how the discs sit in the bag, making them a touch more difficult to pull one out or place one back in.

5) The main flap that covers the main compartment - I am not sure what to do with it. You are supposed to be able to tuck it behind the discs (or the sleeve if you keep it in), and it will stay there. However, the thicker material that helps it maintain its shape does not allow it to always stay back there. It is not a big deal, a small annoyance at worst, but I am seeing if it also is not that big of a hassle to just let is sit out and cover the opening. The shape of the bag is very smartly done and there is almost no fear of discs ever falling out. So, what to do with the cover is just a matter of convenience.

6) Back to the weight of the bag - I played well over 200 holes in the last four days. This has caused a small sunburn on the back of my neck. I like to cross the strap over my chest/back with the bag resting against the opposite hip. This sometimes put the strap near my neck, and while I was aware of the burn a few times as I shifted the bag or walked, the lighter weight of the bag really did not aggravate me. If anything, its lighter weight in comparison to my Grip A14, Lat Lux E3, or even dragging my cart, kept me from getting too tired from this marathon of golfing. Its only drawback of being so light, you are tempted to leave it on while you are putting.

^Great writeup. I might just bite the bullet and get one. I'd like to have a second shoulder bag, and I really like my CS.

^Great writeup. I might just bite the bullet and get one. I'd like to have a second shoulder bag, and I really like my CS.

It showed up today...stoked to have it for the weekend. My friend will be carrying the G.

First impressions are positive. Usual high quality feel, but I'm already concerned about the height.

attachment.php

Attachments

• grip.jpg
    grip.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 292

Latest posts