• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip-eq G Series

You may have convinced me. That's about how many discs and types I would be using. How tight is it when getting discs in and out?

Getting the discs out wasn't really a problem at all, and I think will become even less of a problem as it wears in. The upper sleeve is probably better suited for 2 mids, but they are all easy to get out with 3 in there. For the bottom pocket, only the disc in front was a little effort to get out, but I think that was partially from me putting the zone in the front pocket. I have it stuffed full of putter while I'm st work to stretch it out a bit, and I think that will do the trick.

This.

It's SO freakin' close to being the perfect small backpack that people have been clamoring for. Another potential downside (aside from price) is that it doesn't appear to have connection points for quads.

I like the thoughtful design, but can't help but think they left out some little tweaks that would've made it totally stand alone from the competition.

I've rigged up my quadshocks on my G-series...so you can make it backpack'ish :D

83ff9e6c05316634e4f2842dd3ad4d88.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used mine this morning before work for the first time. Here are my thoughts:

- light weight.
- nice stability to the bag when sitting on flat or uneven ground.
- no disc fell out when my bag did fall over.
- easy to access every disc - didn't feel like I needed tug with force (so many jokes to be made) when taking a disc out.
- Storage was nice for my wallet, keys and phone etc.
- padding for my hip/back was comfortable - lightweight for the shoulder.
- I wish the strap was a little longer so the bag could sit lower on my hip/back - I'm 6'4".
- if they would have added another inch or so to the main compartment, that would have allowed the flap to be tucked deeper and make the top pocket more functional.
- The side pockets are nice, but my phone didn't fit well in the non-zipper pockets. It fell out once and I moved it to the zipper pocket in between marking scores. Smaller phones would be fine.
- I had 2 P2's in the putter pocket, two cros and a rat in the top pocket, 2x DD-Thunderbird- Firebird in the bottom pocket and a star firebird in the outer pocket - 10 in total.
-everything zipped up nicely when I arrived to work and fit in my desk drawer.
-I'm happy it's just a shoulder strap and not backpack straps. Given the size of the bag and the size of my torso, I would feel like I'm going to coachella with the small backpacks teens are wearing these days.

All in all - very happy with the bag.

Attachments

• bag.jpg
    bag.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
I know what you mean about the strap being short. I'm 6'4" also. On my Innova Deluxe shoulder bag, I used Paracord on the attachment clips (both sides) to extend the strap. Works for me.

I just ordered mine. It looks like what I'm after. I like the guarantee, but really just ask for quality materials. I love that it has spots for 2 waters as well. Need that in this Austin TX area heat.

I bought a cheaper bag for lighter duty use or for friends to borrow that don't play regularly.

After my old Innova bag with shoulder straps got stolen I used plastic grocery bags and really enjoyed not having to hoist a bag over my shoulders over and over during a round. The shoulder strap seems to be the happy medium I need but could always do carabiners and shoulder strap again if necessary.

Pumped to get this bag though! I ordered smoke gray. Was tempted to get the black or green but went with the gray instead.

made an order for a "Sand" color one. . it will be released next week here in Sweden.

Nice small bag, not always fun to "drag around" a full Pound Octo. . but i will be interesting to see how i will "cope" with just a few disc and no "practice disc"

Got my bag today and took it on a test round. .

Put 10 discs in it, Luna, Berg, Nova, Zone, Archer, Buzzz SS, Buzzz, Avenger SS, Vulture and a Force.. . works fine but for me 10 is max

Really nice bag, best "haul loop" of all Grip bags. . very nice pockets. . did not use the strap much but it was ok for me

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20190620_162306.jpg
    IMG_20190620_162306.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_20190620_162453.jpg
    IMG_20190620_162453.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 252
I like the looks. . looks small next to my BX

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20190621_163713.jpg
    IMG_20190621_163713.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 304
What is your take on this vs the CS15?

G $99
CS $179 current sale, $199 retail

G 10 discs
CS 14 discs

Valuable pocket on bottom back of G is about equal in size to the valuable pocket on the CS. The CS has the pocket up high where it is easy to access when the bag is sitting on the ground. The G is easy to access this same pocket while walking with the bag on your shoulder

2 big insulated dedicated drink holders on the CS are a huge advantage.
The convertibility of the drink holders on the G makes them a little more cumbersome to actually slide a drink in and out, but then comes in really handy as valuable storage and it secures items well even when left unzipped.

The two main tall storage pockets on the CS give it the ability to carry 2 jackets or 6-8 12oz beverages.

The CS has dedicated storage for a rain fly.

The best advantage of the G is just how small it is. If you are flying in a plane you could have the G loaded up with discs and then just put that inside your rolling carry on. G would be great sitting under your desk at work for those quick lunch break 9 hole scrambles. The limitation is really that for those super long 2 round days or a tournament its hard to have everything you might need unless you are of the ultralight / keep it simple mindset.

The CS has all the room for discs and everything else that it easily stacks up for a full tournament. This also means that the bag can get pretty heavy fast. It still stays light compared to those bags that are carrying everything the CS has plus 10-12 more discs.

Both bags have a small enough footprint that stability can be a bit odd.

If it will be your only bag, then almost certainly get the CS.
If you are a casual player, think all those folks walking around with huge bags and 30 discs are insane, and you are stubbornly going to carry a shoulder bag while taking great pride in casually beating all those dudes with tons of gear by 4 strokes, then the G is very likely the best way to flex on all those fools.
The G is the best looking shoulder bag out there. You and your significant other will look super cute as you walk the course together with your disc purses!

G $99
CS $179 current sale, $199 retail

G 10 discs
CS 14 discs

Valuable pocket on bottom back of G is about equal in size to the valuable pocket on the CS. The CS has the pocket up high where it is easy to access when the bag is sitting on the ground. The G is easy to access this same pocket while walking with the bag on your shoulder

2 big insulated dedicated drink holders on the CS are a huge advantage.
The convertibility of the drink holders on the G makes them a little more cumbersome to actually slide a drink in and out, but then comes in really handy as valuable storage and it secures items well even when left unzipped.

The two main tall storage pockets on the CS give it the ability to carry 2 jackets or 6-8 12oz beverages.

The CS has dedicated storage for a rain fly.

The best advantage of the G is just how small it is. If you are flying in a plane you could have the G loaded up with discs and then just put that inside your rolling carry on. G would be great sitting under your desk at work for those quick lunch break 9 hole scrambles. The limitation is really that for those super long 2 round days or a tournament its hard to have everything you might need unless you are of the ultralight / keep it simple mindset.

The CS has all the room for discs and everything else that it easily stacks up for a full tournament. This also means that the bag can get pretty heavy fast. It still stays light compared to those bags that are carrying everything the CS has plus 10-12 more discs.

Both bags have a small enough footprint that stability can be a bit odd.

If it will be your only bag, then almost certainly get the CS.
If you are a casual player, think all those folks walking around with huge bags and 30 discs are insane, and you are stubbornly going to carry a shoulder bag while taking great pride in casually beating all those dudes with tons of gear by 4 strokes, then the G is very likely the best way to flex on all those fools.
The G is the best looking shoulder bag out there. You and your significant other will look super cute as you walk the course together with your disc purses!

Thanks for the detailed response. You pretty much confirmed everything I was already thinking.

I'm trying to tell myself I don't need one. But if I can snag some OT I might treat myself anyway. Looks like it would be perfect for what I carry.