• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] hey innova, bring back the XD!

hey innova, please bring back the XD!

• yes! it's still a vital tool in lowering scores!

Votes: 57 41.6%
  • no, you have succeeded in filling it's role, it's done.

Votes: 20 14.6%
  • i don't care, never used it never will.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • hum... i don't know, never tried it, maybe.

Votes: 32 23.4%

• Total voters
I have found the #2 Upshot to be the closest disc to a XD, the Colt is a bit more tall in the shape of the disc from picking up a Colt in the store. Also #2 Upshot I stared using back in the 2000's when the regular XD was not made or a s much and the + mold began to take over. The mold will need to be broken in more.

I would rather see them start making the Classic Roc again.

Me too but then the Replacement for said disc is a Putter my brother uses the Stud. Sill not close, the Stud is like a more square less OS putter version of a Gator and the Classic ROC is a more Colt shape but OS like a Shark. In fact a Classic ROC is a 3 speed Shark. Then I would not need to use a Star Shark for Approach shots having to use more touch then I would like for an approach disc. Could use then get rid of the Shark mold. I mean Innova makes a Limited production run Classic ROC but the thing is in Star and I want an R-Pro so I can use the mold for an approach putter and uphill/downhill putter as well as precarious basket placement.

I might even have back in the mid 2000's become my main putter too the old DX version or the softer Pro when I was trying a few putters that I did not like. I found the Rubber Putter had a bit more glide then I wanted and did not fight the wind well, so I was looking for a better putter in 2004 after first year of using an old plastic Rubber Putter I was given by an Uncle.

I just got a Star Classic Roc from the Proshop a few weeks ago, and I think they still have some.

They do but the plastic is not what I want from Innova. I want a DX or an R-Pro for the disc, more so in R-Pro as that is more useful then in Star as an approach putter, DX would be the closer putting putters.

Last edited:
yes! it's still a vital tool in lowering scores!

Hey XDrocker, I see you've been posting and commenting about the XD on various threads. In my past I was a big XD advocate. I used Star, Champion Glow, R-Pro and DX XD's. But the best XD I used, and still have, are these Special Edition Soft XDs. Similar to the SE Rhyno's from ages ago. Current pics below!

174062262_761378161246552_4369100945256875311_n.jpg

Hey XDrocker, I see you've been posting and commenting about the XD on various threads. In my past I was a big XD advocate. I used Star, Champion Glow, R-Pro and DX XD's. But the best XD I used, and still have, are these Special Edition Soft XDs. Similar to the SE Rhyno's from ages ago. Current pics below!

174062262_761378161246552_4369100945256875311_n.jpg

no pics?

i love ebay!

Attachments

• 20210621_214345.jpg
    20210621_214345.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 20210621_214448.jpg
    20210621_214448.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 24
have i mentioned how much i love ebay?! ;)

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 16
I've never thrown an XD but I'd like to give one a try. Not willing to pay Ebay prices for a base plastic putter I've never tried, but it sounds like the new XD (Infinite Discs Cohort) molded up with dome in the D blend plastic. Should I continue my search for an R blend, which supposedly came out flat, or is a Cohort with dome worth a shot?

Or is there another mold, e.g. Sol that is a suitable substitute?

I've never thrown an XD but I'd like to give one a try. Not willing to pay Ebay prices for a base plastic putter I've never tried, but it sounds like the new XD (Infinite Discs Cohort) molded up with dome in the D blend plastic. Should I continue my search for an R blend, which supposedly came out flat, or is a Cohort with dome worth a shot?

Or is there another mold, e.g. Sol that is a suitable substitute?
I threw XD's for the better part of 24 years. Been throwing Z Sol's in that slot since 2019. They are not the same, but you can get them to do the same things. Since you have never thrown an XD, that should be no big deal. I'd just get a Sol.