• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] hey innova, bring back the XD!

hey innova, please bring back the XD!

• yes! it's still a vital tool in lowering scores!

Votes: 57 41.6%
  • no, you have succeeded in filling it's role, it's done.

Votes: 20 14.6%
  • i don't care, never used it never will.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • hum... i don't know, never tried it, maybe.

Votes: 32 23.4%

• Total voters
I was wondering how you were going to play the shark3 into this.
I could have said something else about using my Sharks insteadmy Driving Putter/approach shot, then getting my Shark 3's. I just Chose to make my post short, long posts are not necessary. Also I use a Upshot #2 in Prostyle as a approach shot if it seems I am over shooting my goal with my 174 gram Sharks.

I did at one point use my Upshot #2 as a driving putter till it started having a wobble left and right while flying, affecting my flight with the disc when driving. I still use the disc as an uphill/downhill putter till one of my newer jawbreaker plastic magnets wears out into that spot. Then either my approach labeled and hazard putter Magnet or my putter labeled Magnet will take this spot with most likely being my approach putter Jawbreaker Magnet as it is more broken in at this point. I also have my old stiff hard Pro D Magnet from 2005 one my brother tried for a moth before stopping using it, had till Aug 2017 a softer hard Magnet from late 2006 that I got after loosing my stiff hard Pro D Magnet. So I do not get new Putters that often Just had to after putting the softer one in my bag into a tree tying to hyzer putt around a tree right next to the basket on vacation at a course.

Hmmm, I don't think XD's and Ions are really similar at all. The XD is a lot shallower than an Ion for one thing (1.2 cm vs 1.6 cm). The Atom or Proxy are probably a lot closer in both feel and flight although they're still deeper than an XD.

I agree 100% with the XD and Ion, some MVP/Axiom only throwers are tying to find the closest disc to a __ when making a comparison to a disc.

Hmmm, I don't think XD's and Ions are really similar at all. The XD is a lot shallower than an Ion for one thing (1.2 cm vs 1.6 cm). The Atom or Proxy are probably a lot closer in both feel and flight although they're still deeper than an XD.

Are Atoms that much deeper? It's been awhile since I've held a XD, I could see how my clovered Electron Atom would feel similar. What about that Particle? I haven't seen one but I'd guess it's closer than an Ion, shape-wise at least.

Are Atoms that much deeper? It's been awhile since I've held a XD, I could see how my clovered Electron Atom would feel similar. What about that Particle? I haven't seen one but I'd guess it's closer than an Ion, shape-wise at least.

The XD is 1.2 cm deep. The Atom and Particle are 1.4, and the Proxy is 1.5 (all per PDGA specs). The Atom isn't deep by any stretch, but the XD is pretty darn shallow. I think the Particle or Envy would both be significantly more overstable than an XD as well.

shark shark shark! not just for starter sets!:\

Wrong disc, A Colt is closer to a XD but then is also like a Classic ROC. It is like Innova took a Classic ROC and a XD and combined the best of both to make a disc. Sad because I really wanted a Classic ROC but those went oop at about the same time I started playing more serious in 2004. I never held or threw one until 2005 on a friends home course with homemade baskets to the older PDGA specs. Sad becuse by this time in 2005 the disc was truly oop.

Eh, I thought the factory store was supposed to take care of this for us. Make a small run of XD's, jack up the price and leave them there for us XD heads to buy. If they sell like hotcakes (which they wouldn't) run another batch. Easy.

Instead, all they have are those stupid Champ XD+ discs which were the answer to a question no one was asking.

Instead, all they have are those stupid Champ XD+ discs which were the answer to a question no one was asking.

"Hey Innova, could you slightly tweak your discs in a way that saves you 5% in manufacturing costs but makes the disc universally unappealing?"

There. I asked it.

Eh, I thought the factory store was supposed to take care of this for us. Make a small run of XD's, jack up the price and leave them there for us XD heads to buy. If they sell like hotcakes (which they wouldn't) run another batch. Easy.

Agrees 100%. Even if they were a different plastic for a putter I might have Checked them out.

Last edited:
A fellow player recommended the XD to me as a putter last year when I was new to the game. It was OK, and the DX plastic felt great, but I've since moved on with other putters. I recently pulled it out of storage for drills throwing putters off the tee, and my XD is FABULOUS! Super-straight at the end, plus it will flip. I can't break 200' with it becuse it gets too flippy - but it really has a place in my bag for tight shots in the 125' - 150' range. I lost my main one a few days ago, but found a few in DX at Gottagothrow.

You guys really see the XD competing with the Pures and Proxys of the world these days?

You guys really see the XD competing with the Pures and Proxys of the world these days?

dillydilly just likes bumping ****

Also yes some people would love them back, probably more the above 30 crowd.

The XD is a different type of disc than Pures and Proxies. I have never seen either of those develop the slow turn XDs do so well. It's a finesse disc.

There really aren't many modern discs that have that kind of turn anymore

There really aren't many modern discs that have that kind of turn anymore

I didn't get it until I saw them thrown in situations they excel (by Jay_Dub). They aren't the most useful disc on the planet, but they work that slow turn so beautifully. That's the kind of disc that explains why people become obsessed with this game for decades.

The same is true of the Classic Roc. I've seen people throw seasoned ones on the craziest flex lines that just don't seem possible. I think Innova dropped the ball taking both of these molds out of production.

I thought the proto Colt in XT plastic would be a replacement but they don't turn the same once broken in.

Latest posts