• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills II - Resurrection

How much traffic did these courses get at their peak?

Not enough to keep a private complex going, but with festivals onsite they can bring in an additional 5 to 6 figures.

Others have hinted that festivals will keep moving forward, but the plan is to keep them away from the disc golf.

While people may not like that vision, as long as disc golfers who care are in control, I believe they can coexist peacefully.

Not enough to keep a private complex going, but with festivals onsite they can bring in an additional 5 to 6 figures.

Others have hinted that festivals will keep moving forward, but the plan is to keep them away from the disc golf.

While people may not like that vision, as long as disc golfers who care are in control, I believe they can coexist peacefully.

Agreed. While I dont know all the details I would bet the festivals have a better chance keeping this place going than disc golf. So whether you dig the scene or not be grateful for the festival folks and coexist.

Good thing I have lots of experience working at festivals the past 3 years :)
Nothing official yet, but if youre not going to Glass Blown you should try to keep April 27/28 clear on your schedule ;)

Suddenly...….NEWS!

Kind of. If dreams are news.

I get that there needs to be a vision, and I like lots of the things I'm hearing, but I would like to hear about basic needs being addressed.
I will say I like hearing about the commitment to keep festivals off of the fairways by having a dedicated place for those away from the courses.

Kind of. If dreams are news.

I get that there needs to be a vision, and I like lots of the things I'm hearing, but I would like to hear about basic needs being addressed.
I will say I like hearing about the commitment to keep festivals off of the fairways by having a dedicated place for those away from the courses.

Oh, sure. But compared to the past week or two....

Yes, to the degree I care, I'd be interested in knowing the nuts & bolts of what's going on. Who owns what, who has authority over what, financing, etc. Of course, that's none of my business, but it's hard to know what to think without it. Being a thousand miles away, it's just curiosity on my part.

Why not? Especially why not orange?

I think what Mocheez was going for was that black and orange are close to the colors of the Chicago Bears (they are actually Navy and Orange) but look black and orange from a distance. Up there in Packerland, they don't want to be reminded of da Beaaarrrsss.

Who knows, it might draw players from the largest Metro area within reasonable driving distance, so why not?

Oh, sure. But compared to the past week or two....

Yes, to the degree I care, I'd be interested in knowing the nuts & bolts of what's going on. Who owns what, who has authority over what, financing, etc. Of course, that's none of my business, but it's hard to know what to think without it. Being a thousand miles away, it's just curiosity on my part.
All that is happening as we speak, there is a dedicated team of volunteers working behind the scenes on all these issues. It's still a complicated situation, still lots of details to work out and plenty of hard work ahead. All I can say is that it will be done right, there won't be any shady secret deals and it will be done as transparently as possible. And there is three feet of snow on the hill so there is time to tweak the plan before we see bare ground again. Rome wasn't built in a day.:)

All that is happening as we speak, there is a dedicated team of volunteers working behind the scenes on all these issues. It's still a complicated situation, still lots of details to work out and plenty of hard work ahead. All I can say is that it will be done right, there won't be any shady secret deals and it will be done as transparently as possible. And there is three feet of snow on the hill so there is time to tweak the plan before we see bare ground again. Rome wasn't built in a day.:)

I understand. And as I said, it's none of my (our) business.

But at the same time, it's hard to know what to make of announcements without knowing what's behind the scenes. Including what authority and resources are behind the announcements.

Best of luck; I hope it turns out well. In the meantime, with that 3 feet of snow, it's not affecting any players' plans for the next couple of months.

As a sort of unofficial spokesman I want to keep people informed, but on the other hand there are still people actively working against us so I don't want to give too much away. Actually the real estate transaction is none of my business either and I know very little about that part, the same with MMs interactions with John and the details of his recent illness. But I believe him when he tells me that everything is on track, and I'm operating under the belief that the plan is still in place. I wish I could be more specific, but all we can do at the moment is ask for patience and promise to keep the community informed as much as possible.

I was just looking at the Big Top Chautauqua lineup from last year, lots of national talent performing up there all summer long. If Highbridge was set up for music festivals with a proper stage, it shouldn't be too hard convincing some of those artists to take a side gig at HH maybe once a month on top of any festivals we may have.

This is laughable. Big Top is a known brand (I used to volunteer there in high school ages ago).

HBH is currently a punchline. You're going to have to put in a ton of work to draw acts from Big Top Chautauqua.

<3

This is laughable. Big Top is a known brand (I used to volunteer there in high school ages ago).

HBH is currently a punchline. You're going to have to put in a ton of work to draw acts from Big Top Chautauqua.

<3
What an incredible buzz kill wet blanket you are dude. Do you have anything positive to add? Anything at all? I mean I really want to understand why you are so filled with hate. Why would you go out of your way to sh*t on everything about this project you don't approve of? If you don't have anything but this crap to spew out on this subject or any other concerning HH, just please STFU about it and please keep your opinions of me and the rest of the HH team to yourself. We are trying to do positive things for disc golf, we're considering any idea that could enhance the experience. You are a negative entity, please find somewhere else to troll.

What an incredible buzz kill wet blanket you are dude. Do you have anything positive to add? Anything at all? I mean I really want to understand why you are so filled with hate. Why would you go out of your way to sh*t on everything about this project you don't approve of? If you don't have anything but this crap to spew out on this subject or any other concerning HH, just please STFU about it and please keep your opinions of me and the rest of the HH team to yourself. We are trying to do positive things for disc golf, we're considering any idea that could enhance the experience. You are a negative entity, please find somewhere else to troll.

How about you give this thread something tangible and then you can talk about me trolling...

Getting back to baskets I think a disc golf basket museum would be really cool. A museum with early baskets and tone poles and other ingenious targets.

As for baskets on the course I really like the looks and the build of the Prodigy. Another favorite of mine is the Re-tire basket. If you haven't had the chance to putt on one I think you would be pleasantly surprised. The only problem with them is they are so dam ugly.

I sure hope there's no interference with a huge Basket Expo Concert, during the Rollerblade-Hackey Sack-Tobogganing Triathlon event, that's been in the works for the past decade up at HbH mind you

Last edited:
How about you give this thread something tangible and then you can talk about me trolling...

Wow.....that is the best way to shut down an information pipeline.

He told you there were reasons to withhold some info.
If you aren't happy with what nuggets are handed down, go to another thread.

Latest posts