• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

Boy, I would be irritated if I traveled there to play for a weekend and was subjected to all night dupstep and techno crap blasting. :doh:
Keep in mind the size of the property and the number of places you can stay. I'm certain something could be arranged with John, no trouble, to get you a spot far from the rave.

Can't wait...

So I'll be resting up my arm all week in anticipation of a long weekend at Highbridge this weekend. Weather looks like mid 70's and very little chance of rain.

One question...am I going to be ruined from all other courses after spending a few days here?

So I'll be resting up my arm all week in anticipation of a long weekend at Highbridge this weekend. Weather looks like mid 70's and very little chance of rain.

One question...am I going to be ruined from all other courses after spending a few days here?
As someone who spent an entire summer on the property, in a word: No.

The courses are great. Two of them are in my top 5 of all time (Blueberry Hill and Highbridge Gold), and 3 are in my top 10 (Granite Ridge). But they haven't ruined me. Toboggan is my number one right now. Beaver Ranch is ahead of Gold as my number 3. The old Stony Creek layout in Michigan was my number 5 (keep in mind my top-whatever is always based on a combination of FUN and DESIGN, so some courses may be better designed than others, but not as enjoyable for me). But rest assured if you're a capable enough player to shoot well and stay on the fairways at Highbridge - you'll find at least one if not more of the courses moving into your top 10 of all time.

My guess is that if things are that muddy it's not possible to mow a lot of the parts of those courses so it's likely still an issue.

We stayed in the Honka House this past weekend. It's still not five star accommodations (the hot tub was broke); but there continues to be work put in there (for instance the porch and hot tub did not exist at all a couple of years ago). You should not expect five star accommodations; but, the prices for various lodgings are quite cheap.
Courses were playable but very soggy. Grass is tall in places; but not bad overall. We used a cart and had to manually push it a couple of times; because the water was deep enough in places that it could not get through by itself. It did rain again for a day and one half towards the end of the week....the weather has just not cooperated with John this year.

The rave was not an issue at all; except for meeting some random folks.

Heading up there this weekend, as well.

Where are you staying, Stardoggy?

Heading up there this weekend, as well.

Where are you staying, Stardoggy?

We're going to be tent camping on site. Full coolers and disc bags. I'm expecting it to be soggy, as the weather is saying rain most of the week. Also, it looks like chances of rain this weekend, which stinks, but we'll survive. Just have to bring more socks and shoes along!

We're also going to be stopping at Standing Rock in Stevens Point on the way up, and possibly Yulga. We'd also like to hit Woodruff on the way back down, but we'll see how our arms feel by then.

We stayed in the Honka House this past weekend. It's still not five star accommodations (the hot tub was broke); but there continues to be work put in there (for instance the porch and hot tub did not exist at all a couple of years ago). You should not expect five star accommodations; but, the prices for various lodgings are quite cheap.
Courses were playable but very soggy. Grass is tall in places; but not bad overall. We used a cart and had to manually push it a couple of times; because the water was deep enough in places that it could not get through by itself. It did rain again for a day and one half towards the end of the week....the weather has just not cooperated with John this year.

The rave was not an issue at all; except for meeting some random folks.

Word on the streets has it that's not the only cart problem you had....:| :D :D :D ;)

I was looking at Sandy Point as an option. Looks like a darn nice course.

Yulga was really an afterthought...it just happened to be along our route. I'll take a look at Big Eau Pleine, though. Thanks for the suggestions!

I'm hoping we can get on the road early, early, so we can hit Stevens Point around 8am-ish and squeeze a couple courses and still make HB by 1ish. Of course, since I say that, we'll probably leave at noon and end up at HB by dark. I guess it doesn't really matter so long as the plastic is flying!

When are you thinking of hitting up standing rocks? I'm about 45 mins away from there.

And I would also highly suggest Big Eau Plaine over yulga. There is a tourney on sat though. I'd definitely try to meet you for a round if you make it through.

I try to make it up to highbridge at the end of the summer. Its drier, not as hot, and less bugs.

You dont have to worry about the music festivals then either.

Does anyone know what the water situation is up there currently? I seem to remember an issue with potable water.

I'll know more about our timing tonight...my buddy may have to squeeze in a couple hours of work on Friday. In that case, Standing Rocks around noon (hopefully). If he doesn't work, it would be more like 8-9am.

Looks like I may be huckin' in the rain tomorrow. Bring it, Mother Nature.

Looks like Standing Rock, Big Eau Plaine, then Highbridge. Maybe Sandy Beach on the way back...or we may just stay as long as possible at HB.

Camping, rain, beer, and discing (not in that order). Sounds like I'll be livin' the high life.

We're going to be tent camping on site. Full coolers and disc bags. I'm expecting it to be soggy, as the weather is saying rain most of the week. Also, it looks like chances of rain this weekend, which stinks, but we'll survive. Just have to bring more socks and shoes along!

It looks a little soggy tomorrow, but we'll still play.

I brought cards, poker chips and Trivial Pursuit along to pass the time just in case.

Heard ticks are bad up there this year (I grew up near HBH), so get some good spray and check yourself before you lime disease yourself.

Latest posts