• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

You should play the combo courses, they are dope. Not only is it a great concept, but alot of the alt tees are cooler shots. Granberry might actually have been my favorite course of all, since you get to play 1-12 of granite with 5-6 alt tees, and then 13-18 blueberry, and 13 blueberry was my favorite hole at Highbridge.

Noted and will 100% do that next time. I'm not sure how it can get any better as they are all amazing but now I am extra pumped to try the alternates. I also agree that 13 Blueberry is amazing.

I also agree with tallpaul. Let's not sit here and bash them for what or how it could be better but give John and anyone who helps out tons of props for what they have done and will continue to do with the place. I'm also not going to sit here and say there is nothing that can be upgraded or better about the place but I understand too that not many people have 16 hours a day to just straight work on the place, and I also feel like it's hard to find anyone to even volunteer to help out.

Silly Question.....

I've been up to Highbridge a few times and played the courses several time.....
Blueberry is probably my favorite but when I get to the end (18), I am confused by the layout.

:confused::confused::confused:

Does 18 go from the top near the 17th basket down the hill or is it played the other way around?????

:confused:

Blueberry is probably my favorite but when I get to the end (18), I am confused by the layout.

Does 18 go from the top near the 17th basket down the hill or is it played the other way around?????

After 17, go right, and the teepad is there. Youre throwing straight then left downhill into the woods.

Last edited:

Yes Jeremy answered already but I will say too that there is a teepad down by the 18 basket which John had previously set up a temporary basket by the cabin off of 18 so people could throw at that, however, he did not set it up this year or at least when I was there last weekend it was not up.

We did have many people ask about where to to off of 17 (we stayed in that cabin on 18) so maybe a next tee sign on that whole is needed?

He also told me that some company in Japan offered them 1.5 million to purchase the whole thing, and he turned it down because he does not want to get rid of it. Johns partner wanted them to accept it, but John wouldn't sell it. He said he hopes to eventually get enough money to buy out his partner, to keep his partner happy and then John can happily keep Highbridge going.

Wow.... :clap:

Yes Jeremy answered already but I will say too that there is a teepad down by the 18 basket which John had previously set up a temporary basket by the cabin off of 18 so people could throw at that, however, he did not set it up this year or at least when I was there last weekend it was not up.

We did have many people ask about where to to off of 17 (we stayed in that cabin on 18) so maybe a next tee sign on that whole is needed?

Hmm i think I could throw up a next tee sign there :)

I played a round with jeremyhilss today, and he showed me a picture of the new signage he's working on for Blueberry. I haven't played any of the Highbridge courses yet, but the signage looks sharp! I'm excited to see how it will look after he is finished. Not to mention, his crafty/artistic wife is helping him out, so that's a bonus.

that's cool... I wish I had seen it too... my course needs some signage and some better navigation tips in the worst way

Blueberry's signs are nearly completed, hopefully will get them put up this weekend!

Anyone know how the ticks and mosquitoes are in late August-Early October. Thinking about planning a trip up next year, but my previous trip to Highbridge was in Late may and the ticks and skeeters were out of control.

Anyone know how the ticks and mosquitoes are in late August-Early October. Thinking about planning a trip up next year, but my previous trip to Highbridge was in Late may and the ticks and skeeters were out of control.

Ticks in WI in general have been WAYYYY down this year compared to the last two years. Skeeters, as well.

So in this area there is a spring/early summer tick hatch, which wasn't bad this year. Late July and August the ticks are usually very low. However, there is also a fall tick hatch that usually happens in mid to late September or early October. The ticks then stick around until after the first really hard freeze (not just frost). The fall one I've found usually isn't as bad as the spring hatch. Please note that I don't know if a low spring hatch means a low fall hatch.

Ticks in WI in general have been WAYYYY down this year compared to the last two years. Skeeters, as well.

seems to be true here but not quite SURE just going by experience I think ive only pulled off one tick this year vs 3-4 after a round previously. We avoided some courses 2013-14 due to ticks and mosquitoes LITERALLY chasing you off the damn thing regardless of 99% deet spray.

So in this area there is a spring/early summer tick hatch, which wasn't bad this year. Late July and August the ticks are usually very low. However, there is also a fall tick hatch that usually happens in mid to late September or early October. The ticks then stick around until after the first really hard freeze (not just frost). The fall one I've found usually isn't as bad as the spring hatch. Please note that I don't know if a low spring hatch means a low fall hatch.

Ah very good, so late august or first week of September generally ideal?

When our group went September 26th weekend the nights would get down to higher 40s and lower 50s, while the days were around upper 60s maybe lower 70s. I literally don't think we had 1 single mosquito bite, and none of us had a tick on us and we were out all weekend discing. Personally I can't speak for sooner than that as I haven't been there, but John did text me 2 weeks before our weekend saying the ticket and mosquito's are basically done for the year, so take that for what it's worth.

Blueberry's signs are nearly completed, hopefully will get them put up this weekend!

Also this is amazing! This was our only complaint about Blueberry while we were up there, but obviously wasn't enough to really affect us as we have played Blueberry a few times before. I just kept thinking for new players or new people playing that course might have a hard time finding their way around. Thank you very much for the time/money/effort of creating new ones, I can really only speak for myself but I feel it's much appreciated.

Ah very good, so late august or first week of September generally ideal?

All of August usually sees very few ticks. To give you an idea, we have to keep tick repellant on our dogs or else it is a nightmare (for them and us) getting all the ticks off of them with their long fur. Monthly applications and we usually give it to them on the first of the month. We've learned that we can get away with not giving them their August application and we have been fine. And they are much lower to the ground and go through the long grass much more than us. Early and mid September are fairly tick free as well.