• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

Do you foresee the property hosting Pro Tour events one day? If so: Do you think the courses would need to change or layouts be temporarily modified to accomplish that?

What about a large amateur tournament?
Depends on what the new ownership team wants to attempt and whether the cell/internet on the hill would be adequate to support players and media. Camping, recreational play with occasional regional tournaments, and music festivals will likely be the focus in the near future for sustainability. Hosting big events would have to generate versus drain money from the operation.

Depends on what the new ownership team wants to attempt and whether the cell/internet on the hill would be adequate to support players and media. Camping, recreational play with occasional regional tournaments, and music festivals will likely be the focus in the near future for sustainability. Hosting big events would have to generate versus drain money from the operation.
I'm looking at the map - when do you think Gold will have 18 holes again? Or is it already back up to 18?

Would be neat to have a big nationally known amateur event that filled all 5 courses for an event. Something I could encourage friends who travel specifically for tournaments to check out.

edit: I am reading the Gold webpage. It says something that is unclear about digging into the woods behind Bear. Is the course going to be eventually completely rerouted?

Last edited:
Have to wait until the new team gets in place to develop plans. It's still unclear who will be the primary financial partners in the mix and their mission beyond supporting disc golf on the hill in a sustainable way.

I just completed updating dual tees, dual basket placements and routing for Blueberry Hill on UDisc using their new Smart Layout feature. Took a fair amount of time to get two tees and two basket positions entered. However, once that was done, I was able to quickly enter 9 separate tee/pin combo layouts without needing to ever do a complete layout routing for all 18 holes the old way. Check it out. Since we now have Mach VII baskets in the long position on all 18 holes and DISCatchers in the short position on all 18 holes, how do we indicate the "Hole Type" on DGCR with only one slot?

But you don't have distances for long tee to short basket or short tee to long basket...

I vaguely remember you mentioning other places to park to start at different holes so one is not finishing the round with the trek up the hill.

Is Tom okay with people parking someplace else to start rounds?
If so, can you tell us again where those parking spots are?

But you don't have distances for long tee to short basket or short tee to long basket...

I vaguely remember you mentioning other places to park to start at different holes so one is not finishing the round with the trek up the hill.

Is Tom okay with people parking someplace else to start rounds?
If so, can you tell us again where those parking spots are?
Just updated Crimson: Short>Long, White: Long>Short.
The mid-layout parking spots along Mile Rd are only supposed to be used for shotgun start events and aren't marked. There are also spots along the campground road on top of the hill where campers can hop on Bear and Woodland at holes other than 1.

Was up to Highbridge last week...

Perfect weather.

MM is doing amazing work on the upkeep, way better then JJ ever did.

My thoughts on changes to Blueberry, couple of really nice holes (middle 2) and a couple of blah holes (first and fourth).

Trying to remember the holes that are gone and why they are gone...

Still think IMHO that Granite is still a better course, especially to the long baskets...

I was almost going to play a second round on it, but to the short baskets, but those distances are not updated here...

Blueberry hole 1 has to be on many peoples dream ace list.. unless I misunderstood and you disliked the first of the new holes

Blueberry hole 1 has to be on many peoples dream ace list.. unless I misunderstood and you disliked the first of the new holes

Yes, I was referring to the new four holes in the woods, I think holes 7 though 10...

the last one is clearly a filler hole...

Glad they got rid of the original hole one, new hole one is a fantastic starter...

Old hole 18 was just a confusing (2 baskets) design, especially with a tee-pad at the top near old 17's basket throwing down the hill, or to make it more confusing, putting a tee-pad back down the hill that you have to go back down to (from 17's basket) near the basket (one of two on 18) and throw back up the hill...

God, I wrote it and can't make sense of it...

Funny you bring this up. I aced it yesterday. Most memorable one I've ever hit, by far. ��

Missed you by a day or two. Played there Wednesday and Thursday.
Hit the cage on BB new 10 short, even though I think it is a filler hole.
Hit cage on BB 14 short as well...

Long tee on both. Couldn't hit any cages short tee to long basket though...think my tank was running empty that last round, drives were all short, but putting (shocked to say the least)
was on.

ps
Left an old Polecat somewhere on the back nine of BB Wednesday, long to long...
didn't see it turned in Thursday when I played or Friday (stopped on the way home).

Last edited:

Long tee on both. Couldn't hit any cages short tee to long basket though...think my tank was running empty that last round, drives were all short, but putting (shocked to say the least)
was on.

ps
didn't see it turned in Thursday when I played or Friday (stopped on the way home).
We thought BH10 might be too easy but it's been tested a few times in events now and the scoring spread has been good for Blue level players. We would have changed it if it didn't play well in tournament conditions. It's definitely easier in rec rounds. The temporary short basket on that was set at 115 feet for a tournament and gave players at all levels fits in terms of getting 2s.

was on.

ps

Yep, a couple days apart. I got there saturday about noon. Didn't find a polecat, just an unmarked, pretty light Aviar on Granite.

My ace on BB was from the short pad to the long pin. Satisfying regardless, I hit chains and basket on accident on hole 15 today on the short pin for BB. Not sure where the long pin was so just played to that basket (missing the putt and taking a 3).

As far as the new BB holes, I'm with you. The last one just seems like filler, albeit still tricky. I liked the others. Hole 10 just feels off compared to the rest of them. I played from the short tees to whatever basket felt more appealing today and enjoyed it. Much more beginner friendly options, or tired legs options, are a nice addition here.

The 2 baskets and tees on BB, Granite and Gold (9) are awesome. The place is looking better than ever.

Did you play Bear? I loved the 2 new holes mid round (10 and 11 maybe?) that replaced old holes 1 and 2.

In a 48 hr span I ended up playing:
Granite L to L
BB L to L
Woodland
Gold 9 to red pins
Bear
Granite mixed tees and pins
BB S to mixed pins
Woodland

Bar Stamped Polecat

was on.

ps

Your Polecat was turned in on Wednesday! I took it inside the clubhouse. Too many discs have been disappearing off of the lost and found table. I was going to try to find you via FB, Name but no number on the back. Let me know how to get it back into your hands, Thanks, Tom

If somebody wanted a cheap place to stay up In that area, with electricity, would any one have a recommendation? Hotel or campground would be fine. Coming from west central WI so don't really want to drive to the UP to stay. Ashland is expensive.

...The 2 baskets and tees on BB, Granite and Gold (9) are awesome. The place is looking better than ever.

Did you play Bear? I loved the 2 new holes mid round (10 and 11 maybe?) that replaced old holes 1 and 2.

In a 48 hr span I ended up playing:
Granite L to L
BB L to L
Woodland
Gold 9 to red pins
Bear
Granite mixed tees and pins
BB S to mixed pins
Woodland

Did not get to Bear, that much dg in 48 hours would be my demise...
25-30 years ago, no problem...

yes MM is doing an amazing job on the upkeep of the courses.

If somebody wanted a cheap place to stay up In that area, with electricity, would any one have a recommendation? Hotel or campground would be fine. Coming from west central WI so don't really want to drive to the UP to stay. Ashland is expensive.

Copper Falls State Park is awesome, not sure how easy it is to get in there though, it is always busy when I drive through there.

Your Polecat was turned in on Wednesday! I took it inside the clubhouse. Too many discs have been disappearing off of the lost and found table. I was going to try to find you via FB, Name but no number on the back. Let me know how to get it back into your hands, Thanks, Tom

PM incoming...

Copper state falls was full when I tried and the next closest campground with electricity that I could find was in Drummond.