Hilariously Bad Backhand Form, Please Advise

I think this might be too much words/thinking for what I need right now, but I will try to parse it and put it on context before moving on to asking what I think I need in this moment.

Does this mean that if one does have "athletic legs", then one does not need to think about bracing because it "just happens" as I mentioned on one side of the spectrum? And if one does not have "athletic legs", then either one "cannot" brace or one would need to force it (and potentially open themselves up to jerky movement/injury) or somewhere in between those two things?

(This does not require comment but FWIW I've been following your training plan at the gym - it's been fun! And doing lots of jumping back and forth and up and down and "teaching" my brain that my ankles/knees can handle it.)

In my mind I was trying to get closer to the full sequence of movement here, at least in a "door frame drill throw" type of way, to try to avoid over-isolating. But if it doesn't seem like that was the case, then mission not accomplished.

Moving forward to "what I need now" is, I think, just as straightforward as possible - is what I'm doing in the video/what I described myself doing in the video, a thought/action that I should continue with, or should I discard it because it's not helpful/dangerous/etc? Is it closer or further from where I need to be headed than before? (I find it hard to believe it could be further because 3 posts ago I had a video where I'm clearly throwing off of my back foot/front toes with no brace at all - but I'm not the expert here.)

(And maybe that's not what I need now - feel free to let me know if you think that's the case.)
My fault. By undercomplicate I mean don't parse all the words. Do/feel.

Try his hopping crush the can. You will only be able to do it correctly if you do it with "athletic resistance" as you land. Otherwise you are collapsing in the brace and venting power.

Last edited:
Hitting the can accurately... not as easy at it seems.

(A few iterations including some obviously bad, some better, + blooper, + two standstills at the end)

1. Stand closer to the can.
2. As you land on it, resist the ground with the leg (looking like you're getting there, will be easier coming right down on top of it in balance).

1. Stand closer to the can.
2. As you land on it, resist the ground with the leg (looking like you're getting there, will be easier coming right down on top of it in balance).
I'll have to spend some time this weekend, uhh... acquiring cans.