• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Holy Freakin Crap!!! The Saint Is Awesome!

All the saint is is a long range buzzz... why not wait and get the Ace Race disc? I heard its supposed to be something similar.

If you compare the rim of a Buzzz and a Saint, you'll realize how dumb of a statement that is. Sorry, that statement was just bad.

i'll give you Fuse and Pure as each being one of the best molds in their range. The River is seen in less and less bags nowadays because there are equal or better options out there, it's still a good mold though. But the pain is average at best and the Warship is still the new pink and possibly a trend more than a solid mold.

I believe that the Pain is one of the better mid ranges out there. I have put it against the buzzz, the after shock, and the roc (all of which are great discs) and I always feel like I am reaching for the pain for short drives and mid ranges shots. I have multiple field aces with the disc and it follows most lines you put it on. To me that deserves an above average review.

Yeah, the Saint is awesome...

The Pain is the best midrange for my game. The only other one that comes close (for me) is the Sentinel MF in Sirius plastic. The Pain is much more forgiving than the Sentinel, so it gets the nod.

I agree that the discs on New013's list are all top notch. I carry all of them except the Warship (which I haven't tried).

So, in a nutshell, any new disc coming out of Sweden is all the rage... And you're complaining about that. But from my experience, any disc that comes out of Sweden is better than the ones coming out of California. I have yet to find a replacement for the Buzzz, but just about any other disc in my bag is in danger if a similar mold is released by Latitude. I happily threw a Drone as an OS mid for several months. Then one day I was at the pro shop and feeling bad that I had stopped in without buying anything for a while, and walked away with a GL Pain. Haven't touched the Drone since. This thing even gives the Buzzz a run for its money when I turn it over just right. The Saint is actually my LEAST favorite Latitude disc right now, but it still has a place in my bag. Once I dial it I guarantee that the Firebird and Beast will both be bumped from the bag, and even the Predator will be in danger. I don't buy these discs for the hype. I buy them because they're the most consistently quality discs I've ever thrown. Every Latitude disc I own is in my bag (with a Buzzz), while all other company's products shuffle in and out at random.

So, in a nutshell, any new disc coming out of Sweden is all the rage... And you're complaining about that. But from my experience, any disc that comes out of Sweden is better than the ones coming out of California. I have yet to find a replacement for the Buzzz, but just about any other disc in my bag is in danger if a similar mold is released by Latitude. I happily threw a Drone as an OS mid for several months. Then one day I was at the pro shop and feeling bad that I had stopped in without buying anything for a while, and walked away with a GL Pain. Haven't touched the Drone since. This thing even gives the Buzzz a run for its money when I turn it over just right. The Saint is actually my LEAST favorite Latitude disc right now, but it still has a place in my bag. Once I dial it I guarantee that the Firebird and Beast will both be bumped from the bag, and even the Predator will be in danger. I don't buy these discs for the hype. I buy them because they're the most consistently quality discs I've ever thrown. Every Latitude disc I own is in my bag (with a Buzzz), while all other company's products shuffle in and out at random.

Very well put, my thought exactly.

I tried to move away from lat64 all last year carried innova/MVP and I did well. Grabbed the pain and a pure and went for a 2 disc round. I was sold again and haven't looked back. They are the new kids on the block, but they are legit and will prove their worth with time. The only innova mold still bagged is the leopard. Innova make some good discs, but lat molds work better for me and my slow throwing motion and concentration on smooth. As for the saint parked a 575 dowhill hole today that I have been about 75 feet short on all summer. Had to play another round to see if it was a fluke. Second time around 20 feet past the pin. For some this may be a crush on the saint, but its changing my game for the better each round. this is a huge downhill so i am not bragging on my d, just stating that the saint is for real and for me its earned a permanent spot in the bag next to my leos

and the lucy lawless fan club swears she's the best actress of all time

New, are you mad bro? :|

....just kidding...

I like the Saint, but it hasn't kicked my teebirds out of the bag yet, and what I can do with a Warship I can do with a heavy ESP Comet, so that's still up in the air. I'm gonna give the Fuse a shot when I get it gets here. I am impressed at the rate Latitude/Westside is releasing realistic new molds though (in the sense that they're not just creating new molds purely based on profit over the "exciting and new" trend that seems to go on with Innova/DC), that's a good thing, it just gives people more options which is excellent. Personally, I like the Opto plastic more than the Champ or Z...it just feels better in my hand, more grippy and seems to be more durable. I'm not jumping on the bandwagon just yet, but I'm giving my Lat. discs their fair shot at bumping some Innova/DC discs out of the bag.

New013's just pissy because nobody near us actually stocks any Latitude or Westside. And if he threw a disc with glide at Buckhorn it might over shoot hole 11, and end up in a Nuclear silo.

My other observation had been that guys with the ability to throw most discs really freakin' far have trouble controlling Latitude discs. They seem to require a little more touch or finesse. Or, as in my case, a ****tier level of ability, and thus distance. A Teebird is much more forgiving than a River or Saint. Same thing with many other Innova and Discraft discs.

I'm loving the current run of opto plastic. My opto saint knocked out my heavy domey opto river that I was using for more fade. It, just like the river has a slight turn with a nice predictable fade.

Last edited:
I just wanted to let the Saint lovers know,
I put a "Wanted" in the marketplace for a light blue/teal GL Saint 168 or less.
I will buy or trade for it.

no i'm not mad, i just thought it would be entertaining to come in here and ruffle everybody's Scandinavian feathers. i've only thrown the saint once so i have no idea if it's great or not. i really dig the Fuse, i really dig the Sword, i still think the TL is a better disc than the River.

however the Pain is average at best.

I finally got throw a full round with my 170 GL Saint yesterday. My max D is probably around 350 & the Saint flew very similar to what I remember about Star TLs, just a bit faster. On a flat release it is super straight, maybe the slightest turn, & minimal fade. As of right now, I can get the same, maybe a touch more D from one of my seasoned Rivers on a hyzer flip. I'll save final judgement until the Saint beats in some & I can get the same hyzer flip I get with the River

it will get there curveball. the gold line is a hyzer flip machine. Its easier to get on a hyzer flip line than any ohter disc i have thrown. once it gets there you will see the magic.

it will get there curveball. the gold line is a hyzer flip machine. Its easier to get on a hyzer flip line than any ohter disc i have thrown. once it gets there you will see the magic.

This! I have a 168g gl that hyzer flips straight out of the box or holds a beautiful Anny line for 350ft.

Interesting, my 173 GL isn't that flippy, it pretty much just holds a straight line...so if I tried to hyzer flip it, it would just end up left. Of course mine seems to have a decent amount of flashing and is higher up there in weight. I don't really know how to properly deflash it, so I'll just have to beat the flip into it!

Latest posts