• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you organize your discs in bag?

Drivers on one side, mids/approaches on the other, most used discs start near the middle. Never committed to the OS to US format. I still use an old Revolution bag on a cart and there is a zipper overhang on the ends causing a bit of grab interference. So as I use a disc, it goes back near the middle and they shuffle in place.

DD Trooper bag, some day get a bigger one.

Top has most used trio in no particular order:
putter (only carry one :eek: ) P2, Harp, and FD

Bottom is grouped by speed left to right:
distance drivers, fairway, mids

BUT, in between 9 speeds and 7 speeds, middle of the bag, are the utility discs, a Z Flick for extreme hyzer and a beat-to-heck, lightweight Undertaker for tomahawks and thumbers.

Right now the bag:
Soft Harp
D-line P2
C-line FD

Bottom L to R
Lucid Defender
Swirly S Pharaoh
Ti Vulture
DX Beast
C-line FD3
Lucid Air Getaway
Champ Sidewinder
Z Flick
D Undertaker
Star Eagle X
DX Eagle L
Star Teebird
Glo Buzzz
Lucid-X Verdict
Lucid Bounty

Last edited:
I try to keep my discs organized but sometimes I think Simon Lizotte has the right idea.

drivers somewhere over on the right side of the bag, mids in the middle, putt and approach off to the left side of the bag.

I don't worry about each specific disc being in it's specific slot though. I guess that might matter more if it was a monochrome bag, but there's enough variety in colors that I can generally tell which disc I'm grabbing.

I have a Ridge Roller V2 bag. My discs end up in two arrangements.

Pre round:
Three putters in the putter pocket, laying on top of each other...this rarely changes:
Legacy Clutch
DGA Breaker
Legacy Hunter
--The Clutch is my go-to putter, the Breaker my go-to approach

Then the main pocket, pre round has, from left to right, a throwing putter, midranges, fairway drivers - ordered by speed.
As I play, I move whatever disc I use in the main pocket to the far right. That way I can easily tell which discs are being used on the course. At the end of the round, I look at what remained far left and decide if I would ever have a use for them on that course...if not, out they come and they might be replaced by another disc. Eventually, I'll get my bag to a set of discs that actually get used...instead of carrying discs that don't work for me - or duplicate one I already have.

My main putter and my alternate putter are in disc pockets. Then from left to right its my approach discs, driving putter, and mids all facing one way and then the fairway and distance drivers facing the other way. I'm one of those idiots that every disc has a spot in the bag and after every use, that disc has to go back into that exact spot in the bag.

Unstable on the left, stable on the right, mids in the middle, putters in the pocket.
Drivers on each side also arranged by color, so I can tell if anything's missing.

Putters on top, mids in the middle and drivers on the bottom of my ridge roller. :thmbup:

My organization is very practical. The big benefit I see is avoiding lost discs. I have used two primary types of bags in my relatively short career.

1) One column of discs (Innova Deluxe, around 16 discs)
- generally organized by speed (putters-mids-fairways-drivers, and loosely by overstability within each group)

2) Different pockets (Upper Park Shift, my current bag, about 18 discs)
- This is my favorite setup. There are a total of 7 pockets (2 stretchy pockets on each side which are perfect for mids and putters, and 3 central pockets that each hold ~3 fairways/drivers). Since there are 7 total pockets, each with 2-4 discs, each disc ends up having a regular spot in my bag, so I have a very easy time checking to see if all discs are present and accounted for. There is one pocket that is just a hair more difficult to access, so I tend to keep less used or specialty discs in that spot.
- I can see this being a little less versatile than some bags, but it's perfect for me.

3) Large plastic bag or reusable grocery bag
- Suboptimal, but cheap and great for beginners. Difficult to organize, so my strategy is to decrease number in the bag. This also decreases the risk of possibly stretch tears in the plastic bags.
- I mainly used this strategy in my early days. In particular, I was hoping to get a sponsorship from someone like "Raisin' Canes" or even "Ross" or another department store. Unfortunately, I didn't have any luck. Also, as my bag expanded I decided it wasn't worth suffering through the organization difficulties.
- I do use this strategy on some vacations, usually with up to 5-7 discs.

In my Octothorpe backpack bag, putters on top, understable drivers on the left, midranges in the middle and overstable drivers on the right of the main pocket. If I have my bag in my Zuca XL backpack cart with a putter pouch on the handle I move my putting putters to the pouch on the handle.

Putters in putter pouch, but other than that. Disc goes in, disc goes out. Where it fits is where it sits.

My OCD comes in the form of only throwing PINK discs :cool:

I have a Simian, so I have two putters on each side and a vertical stack in the middle.

Aviar - VP - Ridge
Aviar - Zone - Summit
---------
Stratus
Comet
Roc3
Leopard
----------
Valkyrie
Saint
Thunderbird
Firebird

Speed primary, stability secondary

By rim width (speed) from right to left, so throwing putters on the right end, big-winged drivers on the left end. Discs of the same speed are sorted with flippiest on the right and most overstable on the left.

My organization is very practical. The big benefit I see is avoiding lost discs. I have used two primary types of bags in my relatively short career.

1) One column of discs (Innova Deluxe, around 16 discs)
- generally organized by speed (putters-mids-fairways-drivers, and loosely by overstability within each group)

2) Different pockets (Upper Park Shift, my current bag, about 18 discs)
- This is my favorite setup. There are a total of 7 pockets (2 stretchy pockets on each side which are perfect for mids and putters, and 3 central pockets that each hold ~3 fairways/drivers). Since there are 7 total pockets, each with 2-4 discs, each disc ends up having a regular spot in my bag, so I have a very easy time checking to see if all discs are present and accounted for. There is one pocket that is just a hair more difficult to access, so I tend to keep less used or specialty discs in that spot.
- I can see this being a little less versatile than some bags, but it's perfect for me.

3) Large plastic bag or reusable grocery bag
- Suboptimal, but cheap and great for beginners. Difficult to organize, so my strategy is to decrease number in the bag. This also decreases the risk of possibly stretch tears in the plastic bags.
- I mainly used this strategy in my early days. In particular, I was hoping to get a sponsorship from someone like "Raisin' Canes" or even "Ross" or another department store. Unfortunately, I didn't have any luck. Also, as my bag expanded I decided it wasn't worth suffering through the organization difficulties.
- I do use this strategy on some vacations, usually with up to 5-7 discs.

Did you try Dick's? They give me most of my stuff.

By rim width (speed) from right to left, so throwing putters on the right end, big-winged drivers on the left end. Discs of the same speed are sorted with flippiest on the right and most overstable on the left.

Mine is exactly this in reverse. By speed with slowest to the left, flippiest within each speed to the left within that group.

My daughter's method is more interesting: Years ago we were practicing for a tournament when she was about 12 and I gave her a replacement disc. I questioned why she put it in the spot that she did bc it was a midrange and she put it on the end. She said, "Daddy, they're all in Roy G Biv order!" So the dark blue midrange had to be on the opposite end from her Red one. :)

Latest posts