• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] I need a Brick

Stego, scale, and serpent are all great options.
Stego is a weird one, throw it too hard and it fades sooner. Scale is much more manageable, kind of like a grumpy wizard. Serpent is the straight flying, boring, predictable disc.
Fossil plastic is great, easily my favorite baseline. Durable, doesn't wear quick, stiff and gritty.

71PIePpnwGL._SL1133_.jpg

new disc Sold only through Amazon is garbage so floppy in a chapion type plastic. Floppier then the Steady Ed Specialty putter plastic. The entire line up is a crappy version of Champion/Z type translucent plastic. Look up Quest AT disc golf discs on Amazon and they only have now the lousy looking plastic and they stopped making the Wheel, only illegal disc they make is the Turbo Putt. they are trying to make a Turbo Putt II but it has yet to pass PDGA inspection.

Also original Brick was garbage one hit to a tree or rock and the disc was toast. Hard enough ground might even do the same.

Last edited:
My recommendations for this spot - RDG Serpent , Element Discs Iridium - I did a review on the Iridium on Youtube just look it up, I like these 2 a LOT for the type of thing you're describing

No one saying zone? Are they not cool enough anymore? Most reliable disc in my bag...

That's what I was going to recommend. Honestly, there are lots of good options out there, but the easiest ones for you to get (which is a consideration for me, personally) will be Harps and Zones. I feel like the Zone has a little less glide than the Harp, but I haven't thrown the Harp that much, and have only thrown it in flavors of Zero plastic, not premium.

I'd recommend getting a nice, heavy, flat to concave ESP Zone. Certainly the other options are worth trying as well, but the Zone is very reliable for me, and if I ever lose it, I can get another that flies just the same in a couple days.

I have heard really good things about the zone in the past, the impression that I got though was that it was a little on the glidey side. Does that match your experience with it?

Gonna say Birdie again because nobody takes it seriously but hot damn it literally flies like a brick and that's how I describe it to everyone.

Flies straight as an arrow and has so little glide you never have to worry about it doing weird crap between your hand and the basket. Flat rim makes a great turbo disc for obstructed runs. Polecats feel super glidey after I've been throwing the birdie. It's an uncanny disc!

Prodigy A1 or A2 (beadless A1)

Both are bricks.