• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I need help buying my first warp speed driver

i have been enjoying the Star TeeDevil for the past few weeks it has a litte more turn and less fade than a star destoyer but not by much, probably because mine is still in its break-in stages, if the TD can hold this flight pattern with out getting to flippy, then its a keeper!

Give a.cannon.a.shot, I have thrown it the farthest of all my discs.

Halo absolutely does not have more glide than a destroyer, a lighter beat to snot GL might be close but generally that statement is just false

I personally would not get all caught up on high speed drivers. Higher speed doesnt mean more distance, it means it has the potential for more distance. But if you feel fine with a wraith or orc in your hand then throw it. I cant throw a destroyer much further than a wraith anyways. I throw the Destroyer for long hyser shots, and i have a Star Vulcan for long anny shots, and maybe some rollers. But if i am not on a long open course you wont see me throw either.

I have just bought some blizzard destroyers, and i absolutely love them. They are really stable, so if you have the room to throw a big anny shot, that needs to come back left that would be a great disc. Or if you just want the comfortability of throwing a light weight disc that goes further than your 175 gram drivers, it is a good disc for that too. Dont get caught up in the hype that Innova and Discraft put out, about new higher speed drivers. I dont know if you have paid attention, but the prices on these warp speed drivers are really low on the resale. there is a reason for that, because they are not all that great, as hyped up by these companies.

Who cares what disc you throw, as long as youre getting birdies lol!

I've been temped by all the other guys at the course because they're all racing to buy the new blizzards as if it will end all of their distance problems. Should I give in and try one out? All I see is them wearing to the point of roller and not finding uses for them. I know the champ plastic will last longer, but will I really need 2 or 3 of these things laying around? :popcorn:

I want to buy a speed 12-13 disc and give it a whirl. I'm comfortable and confident in my game with teebirds and wraiths but I'm also curious. My biggest concern is consistency. I've heard its next to impossible to find two star destroyers that fly the same and that different nuke plastics give drastic flight differences. I'm really curious about Lat. 64 drivers and would appreciate any input on the Havoc, Bolt, or Halo.

About myself:

I throw my DX teebird on a flat release in the 350+ range

I recently lost my Star Wraith but currently have a 170g Pro. Before the loss it was close to broken in and I was turning it over on a flat release, 350+ range.

Thanks for reading

lol, the Wraith "IS" my warp speed driver, lol.

Forget the whole "number=distance" thing, and relate it more to the width of the rim. Yes, the wider the rim, the longer the flight, BUT if you are not comfortable with the wider rim, then you are wasting your energy anyways. Find the widest rimmed disc you feel comfortable with, be it Boss, Destroyer, Wraith, Orc, etc. Once you get to 11-13 speed drivers, really I think it is more important to be comfortable with the rim width and be accurate AND long, than to struggle with a rim just a little too wide for comfort.

Some of the wider rimmed discs have shallower rim depths and are easier to grip. Since this also relates to the stability of the disc, going too shallow may get you something more flippy or nose sensative than you might desire. Testing a friends disc out is great, but going to a shop and getting a feel for them is good as well. I throw Boss's (deep rim) and Vulcan's (shallow rim), but the middle of the road is what feels natural, and those are my P-DD2's.

Latest posts