• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

It seems I can't embed photos directly from Google Photos, so I'm trying to upload directly to the site. Maybe all the pictures I've posted in the past haven't been showing up either?

Hopefully this works.

If it's definitely Star plastic, then, at the earliest, it is first half of 2006. Not sure of value on it, I've never seen one sold.

Nope. You're off again, like usual. Nothing was produced with the name CE after September 2002. Both warehouses had zero CE backstock by spring 2003.

I remember that a veraint of CE came out in 2004-2005 as a last run, but maybe that was not from Innova but an online disc dealer like GGGT who had a bunch of the disc found in one of the warehouses they store discs in. I mean I saw on YouTube somebody going into the back storeroom of a GGGT store people could go back there to look for discs and found a Quest AT Wheel a disc not made for a long time and an old plastic Turbo .

If it's definitely Star plastic, then, at the earliest, it is first half of 2006. Not sure of value on it, I've never seen one sold.

That plastic was out in mid 2006 but I never saw the reason for a plastic that was ESP like but not as durable, the old ESP before the year of the Soft oops that led to the ESP FLX for a few years but then I got in 2009 a Star Valkyrie and saw the potential of such a plastic. I still have to figure out why Innova has a Putter Pro that is R-Pro and driver/to certain midrange molds Driver Pro that can be almost a Echo Star plastic in a hard run.

Yo, help me out. None of the locals can figure out what this disc is. Rim is slightly more narrow than a Leopard, feels like 11x era champ plastic. I tried going through the stickied PDGA approval photos, but it's really hard to see the profiles well enough to confirm. I don't really care how much it's worth, it's more about the mystery that needs to be solved.

Attachments

• F5C08515-6444-466C-868B-7B56FB0D0BFC.jpg
    F5C08515-6444-466C-868B-7B56FB0D0BFC.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 89782F79-2D0C-4FA9-BC4D-A2B9870A2570.jpg
    89782F79-2D0C-4FA9-BC4D-A2B9870A2570.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 41
  • E89BE812-2463-4B6B-B261-DDC336603DA0.jpg
    E89BE812-2463-4B6B-B261-DDC336603DA0.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 36
What do you mean by "slightly more narrow"? If it's a smaller wing than a Leopard with Rancho tooling like that it's a Cheetah or a Polaris LS most likely. Everything else would have a larger wing.

What do you mean by "slightly more narrow"? If it's a smaller wing than a Leopard with Rancho tooling like that it's a Cheetah or a Polaris LS most likely. Everything else would have a larger wing.

Narrower like an old school Innova 5 speed. The Leopard and Gazelle's 6 speed rim is wider.

Looking at the approved discs measurements, the Gazelle, Leopard, Polaris LS, and Cheetah all come out at 1.6 centimeters. The only older mold with a 1.5 measurement is the Gator, so maybe it just "feels" smaller. It is really broken in, after all.

The closes comparison seems to be the PLS, just with all the edges completely worn off.

If you gave me a Cheetah and a Polaris LS along with a mixed up unmarked stack of both and left me to sort them, it would be a crapshoot. They always looked like the same disc to me. :\

I have a disc that I got in a trade. It's a Champ plastic disc that a guy said was an "overstable mid" but I could tell from the photo was a driver of some sort. Now that I have the disc in hand I'm 100% that this disc is a Q Polaris LS. It is cloudy and fingerprinty, which to me would indicate that it is an old disc. It also has the patent number, which may or may not be important as I haven't seen a Polaris LS in years so I don't know if the patent number was scrubbed off it or not.

Anyway, here is the confusing thing: The stamp has a globe on it with "I Fling Plastic, Watertown WI" on one side and "Ethiopian Disc Golf, Asosa Ethiopia" on the other with #growthesport under it. The Ethiopian Disc Golf logo has "EST. 2016" on it. So the stamp is no older that 2016, but the disc looks 15 years old.

I mean I know you can get old stock discs to stamp, but 10 year-old discs? Anybody know anything about these?

I have a disc that I got in a trade. It's a Champ plastic disc that a guy said was an "overstable mid" but I could tell from the photo was a driver of some sort. Now that I have the disc in hand I'm 100% that this disc is a Q Polaris LS. It is cloudy and fingerprinty, which to me would indicate that it is an old disc. It also has the patent number, which may or may not be important as I haven't seen a Polaris LS in years so I don't know if the patent number was scrubbed off it or not.

Anyway, here is the confusing thing: The stamp has a globe on it with "I Fling Plastic, Watertown WI" on one side and "Ethiopian Disc Golf, Asosa Ethiopia" on the other with #growthesport under it. The Ethiopian Disc Golf logo has "EST. 2016" on it. So the stamp is no older that 2016, but the disc looks 15 years old.

I mean I know you can get old stock discs to stamp, but 10 year-old discs? Anybody know anything about these?

The fact that the disc is fingerprinty shows its at least 10 years old. Is the Ethiopian stamp in good shape? Are you sure it doesn't say 2006 instead? The only disc Innova makes that even reminds of a QJLS in looks would be a champion Leopard.

The fact that the disc is fingerprinty shows its at least 10 years old. Is the Ethiopian stamp in good shape? Are you sure it doesn't say 2006 instead? The only disc Innova makes that even reminds of a QJLS in looks would be a champion Leopard.
The stamp is clean and clearly says 2016. The disc is no-questions-asked 100% a Q Polaris LS. I Fling Plastic is John Luetzow's shop, he is a big Millennium guy so maybe he had old stock PLS lying around to stamp?

Lol, the guy I got the disc from posted a picture of the discs he was selling on a Millennium facebook group and John Luetzow noticed the disc in the picture. I guess they were fundraiser discs, and he said the discs he used were in a warehouse from a 2003 or 2004 run. So I guess it's as simple as that.

Lol, the guy I got the disc from posted a picture of the discs he was selling on a Millennium facebook group and John Luetzow noticed the disc in the picture. I guess they were fundraiser discs, and he said the discs he used were in a warehouse from a 2003 or 2004 run. So I guess it's as simple as that.

Yes John does get New Old Stock from Millennium for fundraisers. I just got a new millennium first-run run 2005 "SOF" which I assume is a Sirius Orion LF.

I also got a new Gateway midrange marked DSH, anyone know what that is? Nice grippy plastic.

I can post a pic later if need be, but I just came across a World's Biggest Disc Golf Weekend (2014) stamped disc that I can't seem to ID. It has Innova tooling and the initials 'AST' penned on the bottom. Holler if a pic is necessary, thanks!

P.S. It's a driver probably speed 9 or so.

Last edited:
I also got a new Gateway midrange marked DSH, anyone know what that is? Nice grippy plastic.
D would be Diamond, which is the Champ-ish plastic type they have. SH would be Shaman, which is a low-profile putter with the Magic wing. None of which makes any sense for a grippy midrange. :| So...pics or it didn't happen.

I can post a pic later if need be, but I just came across a World's Biggest Disc Golf Weekend (2014) stamped disc that I can't seem to ID. It has Innova tooling and the initials 'AST' penned on the bottom. Holler if a pic is necessary, thanks!

P.S. It's a driver probably speed 9 or so.

Millennium Astra? Just a wild guess based on the letters... Does it have the Vulcan/Archon bevel to the topside of the wing? never thrown one myself but a buddy had an Astra and iirc, it has the Archon top piece...

Last edited:

Latest posts