• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that it is a starfire. I like those pearly ones. I have a few with wiped stamps.

So I was told this was a Starfire. It feels like a starfire, but I have only been able to find this exact stamp as a Cryztal Z Wildcat. I have never held a Wildcat to compare. The thing is on the back it has "INNOVA..... RANCHO CUCAMUNGRO, CA" I don't have the disc with me so I expect I misspelled that word, oh well. So, I do not think this is a Wildcat but I do not know if starfires had this stamp.... I am a little curious thanks for all the help!

View attachment 26538

View attachment 26539
attachment.php

Great to hear!!! I was told they might have done different stamps with different discs, so thanks for the help!

KC Aviar - Question ....

What's the diffrence between...

Double ring San Marino 12x aviars
&
11x Avairs ....

Are they from the same mold ...
Are 11x's , double ring San Marinos?

I am assuming they are the same mold just after he won his 12th worlds ...

Let me know guys .... I appreciate any and all knowledge ....

Last edited:
Thanks.

I have two matching Heavy weights ....
They are very nice .. Very stiff ... Nice an' grippy ....
they tear it up in the back yard ... Let's see how they act on the course ;)

Last edited:
Millennium golf disc

14sf9dc.jpg

Hey everyone. I picked this up at a local place that sells used discs. I have no idea what it is so any help would be appreciated. It says Millennium Golf Disc on the front. The ink is worn off on the back but it almost looks like there is a letter S on it? Definitely looks like another letter after that as well, maybe ST or SA. Any help would be appreciated.
zk5zc7.jpg

This disc is a true mystery for me... as I don't know the manufacturer by the tooling, there was NO indication that a stamp was ever on this disc, and the ink doesn't help me decipher anything...

Hopefully somebody can help me ID this disc..

The Ink says "179" and "PS S2" or "PS SZ"
picture.php

Terrible pic of the tooling says "F 8 F"
picture.php

The profile screams mid-range to me
picture.php

It's a Lightning F8F Bearcat. Not sure what the ink means, mine doesn't have those letters.

My F8F looks like the exact same mold as my Rocs.

It's a Lightning F8F Bearcat. Not sure what the ink means, mine doesn't have those letters.

My F8F looks like the exact same mold as my Rocs.

Thank you for the information!

Have you ever seen one without a stamp?

Last edited:
No I've only ever seen the Stock Lightning Discs stamp (this one is mine)-

f6v8e.jpg

Or the F8F Bearcat Stamp-

e6niQ.jpg
...or the # 2 Slice stamp.

The PS S2 stands for "Pro Style S2." S2 is the name they used to sell the #2 Slice in the upgraded Prostyle plastic.

Same disc, three names. Clear as mud. Anyway, that there white disc is a Lightning Prostyle S2.

Can you tell me more about this disc? How many made? What year? Why is it rarer than the "choice of champions" version? Price?

2TFgnl.jpg

hQimjl.jpg
Looks like a bar stamped 8X Roc. Not sure of the price, unthrown max weight it should be over $100 I'd imagine. Those were from early '98.

As to which stamp is more rare, there isn't a registry of these discs. It would all be anecdotal based on which one you saw more of and which ones are harder for collectors to find. I've actually seen several bar stamped 8X Rocs; never seen a "Choice of Champions" 8X Roc.

Last edited:
...or the # 2 Slice stamp.

The PS S2 stands for "Pro Style S2." S2 is the name they used to sell the #2 Slice in the upgraded Prostyle plastic.

Same disc, three names. Clear as mud. Anyway, that there white disc is a Lightning Prostyle S2.

Ah thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't sure how the War Planes translated to their current lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts