• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

In the bag and various thoughts of a middling MA2

Loriella Challenge today. Shot pretty well, came in second by one stroke after a hard-charging second round.
/QUOTE]

Very nice job and impressive second round with 11 birdies and 4 digited rated round. :thmbup::thmbup:

Classic 4 birdies on the shorts, 11 on the longs. I gotta get my act together on simple shots I guess haha.
Honestly second round I had a decent number of lucky breaks and my putting was on a heater so I took advantage. Only really two unlucky breaks were my kick off the tee on 9, and that was still a salvageable par I just whiffed the up. Meanwhile I can probably count 4 strokes I got from what I would consider good luck. I'll take what I can get though! It's all about capitalizing.

Played absolutely horribly at Loriella, mostly because I could not putt at all. Worst rounds I've has in a long while haha.
Been really digging on the FX-2 recently, it's what I've always looked for in a pred/thunderbird slot, and also has enough stability new to replicate most firebird things. I'm still learning the A5 in the Breaker slot but it's so much cleaner on touch forehands that it's promising.
3x Destroyer
3X D1
2x FX-2
Trident
F1
F3
F2
MX-3
M2
Comet
3x PA4
A5
Stego
3x PA3

Also I made a video of a lid battle between a Glitch, Supersonic, and Polecat at Spilman Park.

Up and downs continue! tee time round at Jenkins - shot kind of mediocre in the wind in a small MA1 field. Managed to go into a playoff and take it home off some ridiculous Barsby-esque half-run from 45' with the Stego that somehow went in.

3 Destroyers
3 D1s
2 FX-2s
Trident
F1
2x F3
Mx-3
Loft Hydrogen???
PA4
A5
Stego
3x PA3

Messing around at Spilman, weirdly crowded today.
D1
F1
MX-3
Comet
2x PA4
2X Hydrogen
A5
4x PA3

Hydrogen will probably not be making the bag moving forward, but it's a good disc.

Messing around at Spilman, weirdly crowded today.
D1
F1
MX-3
Comet
2x PA4
2X Hydrogen
A5
4x PA3

Hydrogen will probably not be making the bag moving forward, but it's a good disc.

What slot were you trying it out for? I saw it it in your last post emphasized with ???, kinda figured it was a wildcard.

What slot were you trying it out for? I saw it it in your last post emphasized with ???, kinda figured it was a wildcard.

Trying to see how it competed with my old mainstay PA4s.
It definitely handles the wind way better, which is weird since it's basically a lid. I noticed at Jenkins it basically is deceivingly immune to the wind without being over stable. It doesn't have the distance potential of the PA4 though, not even close.

I just couldn't get comfortable enough with it to feel like it's worth the time and going down the rabbit hole, but I'll probably try it for a few more rounds. I think part of it is I grip it and think "lid" and don't commit to hitting it full power, or fear it flipping, which it will never do.

Semi windy day at Giles for Howling Gale. Shot well the first round, kind of blew it the second round. I'm having some persistent Lyme issues so honestly for tournaments I'm just trying to go out there and have fun with no expectations - averaging my rating is just a bonus. Stego got a lot of work, not really from the wind, just because it's so easy to range for wide open chip shots. Tweaked my putting form some and was decent, I think I missed maybe 2 putts a round in the circle?

Bagged and thrown
Star Destroyer
750G D1
Champ Destroyer
450G D1
400 FX-2
500 FX-2
Moonshine Trident
750 F1
400 F3
400 MX-3
400 M2
Swirly Z Comet
400 PA4
750 PA4
500 A5
Tarpit Stego (MVP)
3x PA3

Middling rounds at Rockwater and Spilman with a friend trying to talk me into the Culpeper Open tournament. I think I was even at Rockwater (ouch) and -5 at Spilman.

Destroyer
D1
2x FX-2
Trident
F1
2x F3
MX-3
M2
Comet
3x PA4
A5
Stego
3x PA3

Weird round at Rockland longs - shot +5 on the front 9 and -5 on the back. Including a 5 on hole 2 and a 6 on hole 3. Then grabbing 3's on 12, 14, 15, 16, and 18.
78% c1x, 0% c2 lol
Destroyer
D1
FX-2
Trident
F1
2xF3
MX-3
M2
2xComet
3x PA4
A5
Stego
3xPA3

What is "official" par out there? I know what I think it is but I don't know who else agrees with me. Are you going to the WVTI this year?

I went off "Da Rock" Udisc, which is 63. For an actual hole breakdown I went
4, 5, 6, 4, 3, 3, 5, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3.

Had a little jump putt for 2 on 17 which missed and I was toward the top of the hill on 18 just too far to feasibly run. I can tell people don't play the blues much because there are so many small branches and things in the lines that just iron leaf you to the ground compared to the shorts.

Some practice at Lake Marshall as I don't want to roll up and play it blind for the LMO AM weekend at the end of April. What a beautiful property. Shot a +3 68 at Lair and a +7 79 on Lions Gold. Hilariously I also shot +4 at long long Lambs, which is a little embarrassing. Only lost one disc! A champ destroyer I lost on 8 when I got hyper aggressive from the wrong side of the cliff.
Also we got hailed on Saturday night, it was crazy. We booked it to our cars from 16 Lair and hunkered down while it blew over.
Between this and Clarke's, does Biscoe have an obsession with the number 8?

2x Destroyers (RIP Dougstroyer 10' off the shore of second peninsula on 8)
2X D1
2x FX-2
Trident
F1
2x F3
F2
MX-2
M2
Comet
A5
3x PA4
3x PA3
2X Stego lol

Lake Marshall is the most beautiful property, golf-wise, that I have had the privilege to play. It is phenomenal. Congratulations for only losing one disc! That lake is ravenous. I don't get the "8" reference. Care to enlighten me?

Lake Marshall is the most beautiful property, golf-wise, that I have had the privilege to play. It is phenomenal. Congratulations for only losing one disc! That lake is ravenous. I don't get the "8" reference. Care to enlighten me?

It's because Hole 8 is hard at Clark's Run as well as Lions. (probably harder at Forest Valley than either of those)

I honestly have no fascination with the number- that would be Johnny Sias' thing.

Finding any merkles at Rockland? Woods are soooo dry down here.