• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

In the bag and various thoughts of a middling MA2

It's because Hole 8 is hard at Clark's Run as well as Lions. (probably harder at Forest Valley than either of those)

I honestly have no fascination with the number- that would be Johnny Sias' thing.

Finding any merkles at Rockland? Woods are soooo dry down here.

Did you happen to lose an A5 at LM with a little thrown disc golf hot stamp on it?
It was uninked and I thought it might be you or Nate so I grabbed it but it wasn't Nate's. If not I'll drop it in the L&F during LMO AM

Did you happen to lose an A5 at LM with a little thrown disc golf hot stamp on it?
It was uninked and I thought it might be you or Nate so I grabbed it but it wasn't Nate's. If not I'll drop it in the L&F during LMO AM

Negative but thanks. those were part of player's pack for last year's event so there are a lot of them out there. If it isn't inked you should just keep it.

Negative but thanks. those were part of player's pack for last year's event so there are a lot of them out there. If it isn't inked you should just keep it.

Yeah there are a ton of uninked free range discs at Lake Marshall. I have been throwing A5's now so I might just keep it.

Going back at watching the Laurels from 2017 is making me appreciate the non-permanent baskets at LM. Regular golf changes the pin position round to round, and I don't think it's worth going out and moving them much at LM but it's nice to always have the freedom to tweak positions to demand different shot shapes or landing zones on the green.

Yeah there are a ton of uninked free range discs at Lake Marshall. I have been throwing A5's now so I might just keep it.

Going back at watching the Laurels from 2017 is making me appreciate the non-permanent baskets at LM. Regular golf changes the pin position round to round, and I don't think it's worth going out and moving them much at LM but it's nice to always have the freedom to tweak positions to demand different shot shapes or landing zones on the green.

Only reasons to have permanent baskets are to prevent theft or to deal with places where it is really hard to put a basket on a stand imo. (of course preventing theft is a huge one and most places should have permanent baskets)

It's because Hole 8 is hard at Clark's Run as well as Lions. (probably harder at Forest Valley than either of those)

I honestly have no fascination with the number- that would be Johnny Sias' thing.

Finding any merkles at Rockland? Woods are soooo dry down here.

Only 2. One we'll past it's prime. I figured they'd be early this year with the mild winter but it has been too dry here as well. Gotta wait til next year.

On a disc-losing roll recently. Played 9 holes of Rockland while tournament folk were eating lunch, then 18 shorties at Sherando.
I think I shot a 51 or something at Sherando, pretty meh. Lost my stable D1 on the last hole when the wind took it into the woods and I couldn't find it.

2x Destroyer
2X D1
2x FX-2
Trident
F1
2x F3
F2
Comet
2x M2
3x PA4
Stego
3x PA3

Forgot my A5 on my desk and used a PA3 for stable chip ups and it worked shockingly well.

Jenkins on a beautiful evening warming up drivers for Lake Marshall Ams this weekend. Shot a 59 - the pins are in some hard spots, especially 7 and 11. Gonna pare down the drivers some for the tournament just wanted the reps and to compare a few.
3x Destroyers
3x D1
2x FX-2
Trident
F1
2x F3
MX-3
M2
Comet
A5
3x PA4
3X PA3

Well I'm just going to pretend my first two rounds at Lake Marshall didn't exist. The rain round was miserable and then I was just completely tilted going into round 2. Round 3 was fun though.
Lost soldiers at LM - Dyed Trident somewhere off 7 Lions, Pink ricky destroyer off the second peninsula of 16 Lair, Pink F3 somewhere in the swamp on hole 10 Lions.
Other things I bagged
2x Star Destroyer (lost one, backup in)
2x D1
2x Fx-2
Trident (lost one slid backup in)
F1
2x F3 (lost one slid new one in)
roller F2
MX-3
M2
2x Comet
3x PA4
A5
Prism Plasma Envy
Stego
3x PA3

Well I'm just going to pretend my first two rounds at Lake Marshall didn't exist.

Probably for the best... surprised me to be truthful.

Lost soldiers at LM - Dyed Trident somewhere off 7 Lions, Pink ricky destroyer off the second peninsula of 16 Lair, Pink F3 somewhere in the swamp on hole 10 Lions.

Diver will be coming back through in the next couple months so some hope for some of them. Offshore on 7 Lions is some deeeeeep water.

Probably for the best... surprised me to be truthful.

Diver will be coming back through in the next couple months so some hope for some of them. Offshore on 7 Lions is some deeeeeep water.

It's weird - taking 8 months off and hiking hasn't really affected my ceiling; at my best I can still do everything I did beforehand. It's just made me wildly inconsistent. I've also post-trail still working through some Lyme treatment in that I'm mostly working on some co-infections my doctor and I recently found, so I'm not 100% healthy.
I definitely sympathize with Ricky, having to deal with tick borne infections the past 2.5 years or so.

I assume the diver will be after the pro LMO tournament?

It's weird - taking 8 months off and hiking hasn't really affected my ceiling; at my best I can still do everything I did beforehand. It's just made me wildly inconsistent. I've also post-trail still working through some Lyme treatment in that I'm mostly working on some co-infections my doctor and I recently found, so I'm not 100% healthy.
I definitely sympathize with Ricky, having to deal with tick borne infections the past 2.5 years or so.

I assume the diver will be after the pro LMO tournament?

Bummer on the tick borne stuff- it is no joke.

Diver travels around the country diving for discs- no specific time expected, just know he is passing back through before too long.

Bag for the weekend at WVTI/You Win Some You Hughes Some
2 Destroyers (most recent one I slid in is pretty good)
2 D1s (one of my last 3 stable old 400s D1's I got from Sam)
2x FX-2 (Was not getting the expected distance from these at Lake Marshall - a slight hyzer release instead of flat and you cut like 20-50 feet off these distance wise)
Trident
F1
2x F3
roller F2
MX-3
M2
Comet
2-3x PA4 (can't decide yet because the next disc)
Envy (back on the Envy train)
A5
Stego
3x PA3

WVTI was an absolute blast. I was honored to be part of a LoCo team that way over performed, mostly on the strength of Debbie, Taylor, and Ganz just carrying us. I played about how I expected myself to, picking up a win against Seneca and NoVa (helping steal the 1 seed from NoVa in the process), tying FredRock and Mason discin, and losing to JVAV, French Creek and Spotsy. I basically played exactly how our stat guru Kevin expected me to - lost to people better than me and took care of business or tied people roughly equivalent. Which is also funny because all his predictions were based around me being ~948 rated and I think tomorrow I'm gonna drop down into the 930s. So overall pretty jazzed about my play. Even picked up a win in playoffs against Graeme Davis from Ratass, sadly we fell by one and our Cinderella run stopped there. Also Kevin and Doug gave me a very folk punk mullet.

2x destroyers (threw one)
2x D1's (I threw my flippy pink one on almost every hole requiring a driver)
2x FX-2
Trident (forehand was hot and cold all weekend, them gaps are small)
F1
2x F3
MX-3
M2
Comet
2-3x PA4 (Left one laying around and didn't miss it)
Envy (best new addition to the bag tbh, don't know why I hopped off the Envy train)
A5
Stego
3x PA-3 (putting was good enough for me this weekend)

It was cool to see you out there! I wish our teams could've met in the finals but the fates dictated that Moser needed revenge.

Y'all sending Spotsy home after divisional play was pretty amazing.

Spotsy is funny since I got absolutely waxed by Logan on that one - I think he won like 5-4. Luckily I got carried by the team.
He took Woodshed hole 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 or something brutal. I couldn't hit hole 2's gap this weekend to save my life.
OFC next round he played FredRock and tied and was actually missing 15 foot putts? :doh:
The joys of match play.

I also lost to Dillow 2-1 because he nabbed a 2 on 15 and 16 Whipping Post by giving himself 20 foot putts - he was en fuego for those 8 holes.

Quick heater at Seneca on Sunday on my way back from a trip to Baltimore.
Shot a -6 through the back 18 shorts with a double bogey on 9.
Actually threw
Destroyer
flippy D1
Trident
2x F3
Comet
M2
2x PA4
Plasma Envy
Stego
A5
3x PA3

27 at Seneca from the shorts. I think I shot +4? I ran probably 4 things I shouldn't have and missed a lot of comebackers.
Destroyer
D1
F3
2x Gazelle
Comet
M2
3x PA4
Envy
A5
Stego
3x PA3

Haven't been playing a ton recently because I broke a toe and I've been dealing with a lot of shoulder cramps from a lyme flare up.
That being said, PR at Clarke's Run! -2. Birdies on 1, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11!
Discs I actually threw
Destroyer
D1
FX-2
Trident
F3
3x Gazelle
Comet
M2
A5
Envy
3x PA4
3x PA3

1 round of a billion shots at Clarks followed by 1 serious round to see an actual score. Too many throws tbh.
Actual round was a 63, I'd be pretty happy if I shot that Monday.
Destroyer
D1
FX-2
Trident
F1
F3
2x Gazelle
Comet
Envy
3x PA4
Stego
A5