• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Infamous Holes!

optidiscic

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Thought I'd try to get a thread going that pays homage to some of the more dreaded holes out there. Some holes are famous for some quirky reason that makes them uniquely unpopular.
My submission is hole 8 at Desales University....know as the CORN HOLE. Yeah I can't make this stuff up. Basically a blind 250 foot hyzer over a corn field with thickets, pickers, woods cornfield left and a miniscule green to target. So you basically have to dial in blindly a 250 foot hyzer to a small green...If you miss even by just a bit it's a lost disc or a long search in the corn....what makes this hole even worse is that it is the beginning of the course known as the jungle 8-11. Many skip these awful holes and play 12-18 after 1-7.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?p=course_pics/39/88aac834.jpg

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?p=course_pics/39/d24fb628.jpg

I'd love some descriptions and anecdotes about other infamous hated holes! Anyone have a good Corn Hole Story?

ill stay away from your corn hole...

my submission would have to be hole 6 at Yucaipa Regional Park:

b4d3113b.jpg

DGCR says it is 205', but i think that pin position is deeper...maybe 250'. water to the right and pretty nasty brush to the left. the green is an elevated platform and you usually have to dodge a few fishermen.

Last edited:

b4d3113b.jpg

DGCR says it is 205', but i think that pin position is deeper...maybe 250'. water to the right and pretty nasty brish to the left. the green is an elevated platform and you usually have to dodge a few fishermen.

HaHaHa random knockdown trees into the lake in front of the green...very very sinister!

Schumaker Pond #3 is another wild one...merely a 250 footer up a bank so it plays longer (300ish) but 200+ foot of it is over water....sounds cool until you factor in that your throwing off a slick always covered in goose **** tee that happens to be on rickety dock that floats on the Pond. Get your sea legs and just try to have a flat release on this hole oh and dont slip on the goose poo and follow through into the pond! I love this hole and hate it at the same time...I cant make up my mind!
But it's definetely different and Infamous!

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?p=course_pics/1793/465e8193.jpg

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?p=course_pics/1793/b379140c.jpg

ooh that second shot is eerie looking. like thats the local spot dead bodies in stolen cars go to disappear...

Schumaker Pond #3 is another wild one...merely a 250 footer up a bank so it plays longer (300ish) but 200+ foot of it is over water....sounds cool until you factor in that your throwing off a slick always covered in goose **** tee that happens to be on rickety dock that floats on the Pond. Get your sea legs and just try to have a flat release on this hole oh and dont slip on the goose poo and follow through into the pond! I love this hole and hate it at the same time...I cant make up my mind!
But it's definetely different and Infamous!

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?p=course_pics/1793/465e8193.jpg

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?p=course_pics/1793/b379140c.jpg

gross!

ooh that second shot is eerie looking. like thats the local spot dead bodies in stolen cars go to disappear...

You act like every town has such a spot..lol..like the local teenage hangout, local burger joint and local dead body dumping pond! Pretty funny though I'm sure someone out htere has taken a header into the pond on this hole..the dock really does rock and roll and the tee is slick with goose grease!

Lindsey Park-Blue Course in Tyler Texas hole number 10 that goes into the woods. It has two pin positions that it really doesn't matter which one it is in it is just way difficult. Trees create such a tight fairway with only one line to throw. Basically a pinball hole with a fairway of about 10 feet wide that either stay straight or hooks left for about 240 feet. Hit that gap carefully and you are good, otherwise you will hit a tree and struggle to make bogey. There is also a small creek that crosses the fairway twice. A large snake hangs out in that creek so watch out! Everytime I would step to the tee I would get a little nervous. Unfortunately there is not a photo of this hole to link too.

Lest we forget the most infamous hole of them all Bloomsburg Park #6 just your avg 550 foot drive over a deep lake with the fountain at 450 and zero bailout. I'm told theres an alternate tee pad now!

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?p=course_pics/3030/5ebef60e.jpg

No worries, Quest is making a disc with an outboard motor.

That corn field is insulting, plain and simple.

Re: goose crap dock, I'm pretty sure I'd swing by Wal mart and donate a stiff broom for that tee.

Hole #8 at Castle Hayne, NC. ~200' hyzer to start this long, winding 700' par 5. Doesn't look like much but there's a creek that runs along the right at the end of the slope and if you kick right on ANY of those trees you have a 75% chance of watching your disc roll right into the nastiest, deepest creek water I've ever seen.
932b298d.jpg

Lindsey Park-Blue Course in Tyler Texas hole number 10 that goes into the woods. It has two pin positions that it really doesn't matter which one it is in it is just way difficult. Trees create such a tight fairway with only one line to throw. Basically a pinball hole with a fairway of about 10 feet wide that either stay straight or hooks left for about 240 feet. Hit that gap carefully and you are good, otherwise you will hit a tree and struggle to make bogey. There is also a small creek that crosses the fairway twice. A large snake hangs out in that creek so watch out! Everytime I would step to the tee I would get a little nervous. Unfortunately there is not a photo of this hole to link too.

So far we have:
Corn Hole
Fishing Hole
An Ugly Hole at Beauty Hill
An Ocean Hole
A Deckhole
and a Snake Hole

I love the evil monster snake hole HaHa almost sounds mythical!

Holes 9,10, and 11 at Buckhorn are pretty infamous as well. All anus clenching water shots.

Attachments

• 87ec9c4a.jpg
    87ec9c4a.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 115
  • d6c6d951.jpg
    d6c6d951.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 133
  • f4748631.jpg
    f4748631.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 104
That corn field is insulting, plain and simple.

Yeah I often wonder how many discs the farmer finds when he harvests the cornfield!

Ones I have played:

The "Rock hole" (#10) at Bracketts Bluff.

Hole #2 at Renny Gold. (Renaissance)

Hole #17 at Winny Gold. (Winthrop)

DGCR says it is 205', but i think that pin position is deeper...maybe 250'. water to the right and pretty nasty brush to the left. the green is an elevated platform and you usually have to dodge a few fishermen.

Oh man I NEED to play that course. That looks serious. Have you lost a disc in the water there yet?

Latest posts