• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Infamous Holes!

On top of all that, it has one of the worst baskets I've ever played on, other than the saucers at Moir. Another super challengeing hole is hole 9 at Oakwood in Cottage Grove. 400 some feet through tight woods. Wow somebody from the Twin Cities really needs to get a camera out and take some pictures... hardly any courses have pictures.

ya i find it strange that the worst basket is on the hardest hole at plymoth. ive missed many putts cause of that rusty p.o.s.
9 at oakwood is really easy(185ft). i think your thinking of hole 16. 400ft through some tight woods and the fairway dips down then backup again.

ya i find it strange that the worst basket is on the hardest hole at plymoth. ive missed many putts cause of that rusty p.o.s.
9 at oakwood is really easy(185ft). i think your thinking of hole 16. 400ft through some tight woods and the fairway dips down then backup again.

See I think anything without water or OB can't be that infamous, and 16 is pretty wide for a bunch of it, it's a hard hole, and I'm happy to walk away with a 4, but it isn't infamous.

8 at Oakwood could be what he is thinking of as well, dips over a kinda nasty wet spot at the begining, and doesn't leave a huge opening for a shot after that, again hard hole, but not bad/infamous.

Hole I thnk 2 in Willow River Park in Winona is bad, straight shot over water, small landing area, path behind the basket, I hate holes like that much more than the others discussed.

[Threadjack] Infamous holes= your ex girlfriend [end/threadjack]

See I think anything without water or OB can't be that infamous, and 16 is pretty wide for a bunch of it, it's a hard hole, and I'm happy to walk away with a 4, but it isn't infamous.

8 at Oakwood could be what he is thinking of as well, dips over a kinda nasty wet spot at the begining, and doesn't leave a huge opening for a shot after that, again hard hole, but not bad/infamous.

Hole I thnk 2 in Willow River Park in Winona is bad, straight shot over water, small landing area, path behind the basket, I hate holes like that much more than the others discussed.

im not saying 16 is an infamous hole im just correcting what he was thinking of. and yes 8 could be it as well. theres alot of semi-tight holes there.
i totally disagree with water being a necessity for "infamous" or a "good" hole(s). well placed OB or rough is far better than water (imo) not only do you not lose your disc but its harder to play from than a drop line (in the case of rough). For instance have you ever played Big Creek State Park in Polk City, IA? the rough on that course is brutal. 90% of the time you're adding a stroke just to get out of it. For instance take hole 11 here. kind of an open fairway that tightens as you continue down the fairway. there is a row of trees that start halfway down the fairway. once you reach the top of the small hill you are still not at the end. you then have to travel back down the otherside of the hill through several more small trees until you get to the basket just before the tree line. if i remember correctly during the worlds there this hole was 1000+ft (but my memory is a bit hazy on that one <wink...wink> some plant material may be effecting it).
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?p=course_pics/68/ab09a2b5.jpg

Hole 16 Hyzer Creek has this for your tee shot

16t.jpg

That's only about a 1/3 of the hole. After a couple of upshots don't miss that 15 ft putt or it's OB add another stroke to your already dismal 6

16.jpg

Sorry pics so big didn't know how to make it smaller without rehosting pic. (can't get to photobucket from work)

^^
ive been wanting to play that hole ever since i saw that picture in flying disc magazine or whatever it was called back then.

This is either hole 6 or 7 at Bryan McClain Park in San Antonio , TX. The picture speaks for itself:

Hole_6.jpg

This hole is harder now because all of the recent rain. This creek is full and it makes getting a disc out of it almost impossible. My count on this hole so far.. 2 aces, 2 lost discs!

I was thinking about the other one, hole 8 I guess. And I think 16 is not all that bad, but that's because I throw forehand :).
I guess hole 15 at North Valley could be considered infamous. I found these random videos of pros throwing over it in 2004 here. Long downhill throw over the water.

oh and from the far side of the water to the pin is another 250 or so and it's tucked kinda in the woods. I've seen many good players throw it in the pond here.

This is hole #16 at Freeman Lake Park Elizabeth Town KY. This is The first of three tees 219' but that peninsula is tough to hit. #2 is a little longer but safer and #3 gives you the possability of staying over land the entire way.
c6c10be5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is a fun little anhyzer that is played on a ridge. Lots of trees line the fairway, and on both sides of the fair way there are very steep drops.
I have carded many double, triple, and even quad bogeys.

Hole18Hick.jpg

this hole has absolutly crushed me. i mean i have tried to play it safe on it still would clip a tree and somehow roll for ages. one time i finally got close to being up the hill and threw a shot at the basket to save a double bogey and the son of a gun hit off the basket and rolled down the otherside of the hill. crazy hole but always fun when the luck is on your side and against your buddies. LOL

I was thinking about the other one, hole 8 I guess. And I think 16 is not all that bad, but that's because I throw forehand :).
I guess hole 15 at North Valley could be considered infamous. I found these random videos of pros throwing over it in 2004 here. Long downhill throw over the water.

ooo man. i got so lucky on that hole. i totally biffed my drive and hit the bridge. my disc landed on that lil island under the middle of the bridge. man i was so happy to find it there.
how about hole 5 at Kaposia. in its long placement that hole is super hard to get a clean par 3.
or how about hole 14( i think) at Hyland Ski. that super long uphill (545' from bottom of ski hill to the top), plays like a 900' hole. that hole is a round killer, always ruins my score. and then the super fun hole 18 (710') from the top to the bottom, glad ive never had to deal with a headwind on that one.
another hard hole is 12 at Alimagnet Lake Park DGC. its a tight 's' shaped fairway uphill (347'). a difficult hole to get a consistent 3 on. if you play to conservitive you cant make the par putt.
the twin cities have a plethera of difficult holes and great courses. loved the disc golf and mountain biking there while i lived there. the night life was cool too and all the festivals. otherwise screw that place.

This is hole #13 at the Fun Farm In Corydon IN. There is a posatge stamp of land between two small creeks about 100' below you. The hill side is about 55 degrees. The creeks are O.B.
59c6ad72.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I've dueced it.

WOW! If there would be a winner for butt puckering hole, I think this would be it. However, if it is easy to go in the water and retrieve your disc it would make it make my butt hole not as tight, but tournament play my butt could probably bend metal it would be so tight.

This is hole #16 at Freeman Lake Park Elizabeth Town KY. This is The first of three tees 219' but that peninsula is tough to hit. #2 is a little longer but safer and #3 gives you the possability of staying over land the entire way.
c6c10be5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

WOW! If there would be a winner for butt puckering hole, I think this would be it. However, if it is easy to go in the water and retrieve your disc it would make it make my butt hole not as tight, but tournament play my butt could probably bend metal it would be so tight.

Wow, that is scary. I'd be trying like hell to hit those trees.