• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Pro Plastic

Destroyers, Wraiths, Starfires, Leopards are all fairly good in Pro.

I really like Pro Destroyers, not any less stable out of the box, and break in nice for a turnover driver.

I've got a SWEET Pro Destroyer...Haven't gotten to use it yet...I bought it as like my...6th disc ever...I was not ready, but I figured it out VERY QUICK.

So I've only thrown it like...6 times.

\/\/

my R-Pro Boss i love in cold weather grip is awesome and it seems to fly better in the cold weather too. only prob is i did nail a tree pretty good and got a nice size knick in it. still flys good with the knick tho.

I haven't actually thrown any of the new Pro plastic yet, but I checked it out at my local shop. It doesn't seem nearly as grippy(?) as the older blend. I have a couple older KC Pro Gazelles that I love, the plastic has such a nice feel and the grip is amazing, and I have never had any durability issues at all.

I love the grip and find that its pretty durable, not quite as durable as champ but just about equivalent to star and a LOT cheaper - you can get three discs in pro for the price of two in star. i think because its a bit flexxy it 'bounces' more when it hits something and doesnt get damaged as badly.

Also just so ya know: the starfire and firebird in pro plastic are actually the SL and FL.

i like the new stuff much better than the stuff from the last few years- it has feel more similar to older pro plastic just more durable. the plastic from the last few years was too slick imo.

yea i picked up a gently used pro line leopard in a trade recently and it feels almost identical to the new pro one i have. the new one is a bit more slick, obviously, but with my eyes closed i can barely tell the difference.

Drivers in pro plastic seem to have noticeably better glide than Champ or Star. I believe this is because the plastic's not as dense. And high speed drivers in that r-pro stuff? Woowee - them discs flat go!

Chicken dinner we have a winner! Amen, Sonny.

Pro flies!

I have a Pro Leopard that I guard with my life. Great disc. I just got a Pro Teebird-L that I have thrown a few times and REALLY like. I may go Pro Teebird shopping again. May my wife forgive me if I run into a bunch of other desirable discs in Pro. Luckily I don't see them around that much.

Want to find a bomber disc... get your hands on a Pro Starfire (SL) in the Taffy off-white Plastic... wonderful stuff.

I have one of these. What is so great about this disc? Just curious.

I have a pro Wraith and had a Champ Wraith (lost on #8 in Kirksville, MO). I liked the Champ better, I got more D with it. I found a DX Valk in Kirksville (makes up for loosing the Wraith..:) and after I learned how to throw it I loved it. So, I bought a Star Valk, and made the mistake of giving my bro-in-law the DX Valk before I had a chance to throw the Star much. I prefer the DX, and I've been thinking about buying another one.

Donald

Also just so ya know: the starfire and firebird in pro plastic are actually the SL and FL.

Oh damn. I was just about to post about how drastically different my Pro Starfire flies from my Champ Starfire, but then I saw this. Why wouldn't they stamp it SL or FL if it's an SL or FL mold?

Oh damn. I was just about to post about how drastically different my Pro Starfire flies from my Champ Starfire, but then I saw this. Why wouldn't they stamp it SL or FL if it's an SL or FL mold?

Because they are Innova and they don't have to answer to you or anybody!

lost a pro wraith in the Zoo at Mesker Park in Evansville a few months ago and i really miss, it, didnt get to throw it much, like 10 throws but it felt great waiting on a new pro destroyer that i bought today though.

I got a Pro Firebird over christmas and have been using it as my main driver with a lot of sucess. Compared to a FL in star plastic it is noticably less durable and less stable. I mean waaayyy less durable. If you dink a tree chunks literally rip off the thing. But they are cheaper so it won't hurt as much to buy a new one.