• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova TeeDevil Blizzard vs Star

cooliomcfly

I am currently looking for a new go-to driver, and have narrowed down my disc selection to the Innova TeeDevil.I have briefly tried my friends Star TeeDevil and really liked its flight path. However, blizzard plastic is completely new to me and I am very interested, but little hesitant on buying something that i cant use or doesn't suit my style.

The Blizzard TeeDevils are super Flippy, at least from what I've seen. I've heard good things about them in 150+, but anything under that is way understable.

I like the Star TeeDevil just fine.

Except for having the same name, the Star and Blizzard TeeDevil are nothing alike.

Here is my take on the Teedevils that I have tried.

-The Star Teedevil's are too overstable for me and have no glide. (did not make the bag)
-The Metal Flake 2012 Worlds Teedevil's have a great flight. Just like a beat in Destroyer. (sometimes in the bag. the grip is slicker than most champs, so I took it out of the bag recently)
-The 150 Blizzard Teedevil's are a great disc. When I throw them I need to put a little hyzer angle on it so the can flip up. (2 in the bag, 1 is a backup. I use this disc a lot when there is little to no wind).
- The lighter Blizzards (i.e. sub 140 floaters) are just too flippy to be consistent. (did not make the bag).

I would say just get one and try it. The good thing about the blizzard teedevil is that it has great trade value right now and you should not have any trouble trading it if you don't like it. In fact, if you try a 150+ Blizzard Teedevil and don't like it, I have a star teedevil I used for a few rounds that I would trade for it.

The Blizzard Teedevils with big poppy domes and a higher parting line (edge of the wing) are more stable and fly nice. The lighter, flatter, lower PLH ones are flippy and not very useful. That seems to be the case with most Blizzards. Big dome draws up the wing, makes them more stable, and gives them better glide.

The Star Teedevils I've thrown have been the ultra flat, super overstable, junky kind. The champ pre-releases Australian Open ones were nice and straight. Flew pretty much like a Wraith for me.

My experiences with the Star Teedevil (167g) are the same as JRW III and JoshEpoo: Flat, overstable, no glide. My longest drives to date have come from this disc but I find it difficult to get consistent results.

Regrettably I missed out on grabbing an Australian open version.

I just picked up a CFR 2012 US Masters metal flake champion Krait (171g) and it has replaced the Teedevil in my bag. I use it for long straight precise drives (RHBH) with minimal fade.

If you can handle a max Teedevil but want to try blizzard, then get a blizz Destroyer in the lower weights.