• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is a Striker comparable to a Valkyrie?

neilz4

Bogey Member
Or is this a comparison that should not be made?

I have a 4x JK Pro Valk that I like, but am looking to get a Striker to compliment my two Rivers. If the Valk is similar enough to a Striker, then I wouldn't need to buy more plastic (definitely don't need it).

No.

I think the Valk and river overlap quite a bit, esp. if it's a GL River. An Opto Striker is going to be a stable control driver, GL might shape lines a bit better and give you more options but I wouldn't compare it to a valk.

That being said a striker is a solid compliment to rivers for a fairway combo.

strikers come in a bunch of different flavors..i believe that should fly like 11x teebirds but i find them a little flippy if crushed 350 or more. they tend to hold the lines you throw with them. they are nice discs. i wish i could tell you more but i have had firebird strikers and leopard strikers after beating them in for a while.

el has a good point. There is a pretty big difference in opto strikers between runs, first runs, snowflake, etc. the plh usually is a good indicator of their stability.

:thmbup::thmbup:
strikers come in a bunch of different flavors..i believe that should fly like 11x teebirds but i find them a little flippy if crushed 350 or more. they tend to hold the lines you throw with them. they are nice discs. i wish i could tell you more but i have had firebird strikers and leopard strikers after beating them in for a while.

This is why they're better compared to Eagle-Xs.

Only field tested them. For me, they flip flat from 25-30 deg. Of hyzer, fly straight, and barely fade. Cool disc that is way more controllable than a valk. I dont think it compares to anything in my bag. Maybe a faster Teebird, with less fade.

Throwing them 330-350. Any further and they have a slight turn from the flip, but very little. I can throw 400', but max with any control is 375-380.

I would say this actually depends on the PLH of the Striker you get. I have two - the one with higher PLH flies like a Teebird, and the one with the lower PLH flies like a Valkyrie.

Unfortunately, it's one of those molds that you have to buy and throw to be sure. =/

Striker = fairway driver, like a little bit longer buzzz.

Didn't see that one coming. :|

I see the Striker as longer than my Teebirds or Eagles, both of which are already more than a "bit" longer than a Buzzz.

There are Sidewinder understable Strikers, there are Firebird overstable Strikers, there are ones in the middle that are sort of faster TeeBird/Eagle hybrids. So depending on what you get, yes, they can be Valkyrie-like, but then again they could be almost anything else, too.

Latest posts