• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is THIS what we want?

Do you want more of this in disc golf?

• Yes

Votes: 23 15.8%
  • No

Votes: 79 54.1%
  • Shut the hell up

Votes: 44 30.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do you think watching anything that happens nearly every time is exciting? How can you even have a legitimate sport if missing isn't realistic or suppose to happen at a fair rate?

It's unimportant what I think, my OPINION should not (and does not) affect what the MPO division does in any given tournament.

A fair rate is completely subjective. It's going to be different numbers for different people.

I have a friend building a course on his property. He is trying to get a 10 foot diameter culvert as a mando. Literally a tunnel shot.

I don't mind elevated/hanging baskets or the triple mandos with flags on 200' open holes, but the mozzarella sticks somehow seem disingenuine.

I have a small pile of 5 and 6 foot culverts I was thinking of using as a mental hazard. Do a culvert on a hill with the basket below, so you might have to putt through it. Or have it so you have to putt through it if your drive is in the ideal landing zone.

There must have been a sale on Purina Troll Chow, cuz everybody's feeding the Troll.

Just remember that eventually, what goes in, has to come out. So when he ends up spewing his crap all over the place, all you guys are gonna be held responsible for cleaning up after your pet.

There must have been a sale on Purina Troll Chow, cuz everybody's feeding the Troll.

Just remember that eventually, what goes in, has to come out. So when he ends up spewing his crap all over the place, all you guys are gonna be held responsible for cleaning up after your pet.

If the mods did their job it wouldn't be an issue.

Circling back to the original topic.....

Can we say for certain yet that these things were indeed placed to be a nuisance on the green?

I was texting with the TD, so I asked him. (BTW, Neal is an old school Frisbee legend and a mainstay in the Texas scene from way back. His PDGA# is 200.)

He called them "mini sausage sticks" and indicated that they were there to influence approach shots and make people less comfortable putting. He said they didn't seem to have much impact and "they may go away." Then he said they were thinking of replacing them with cactus. I didn't ask if he meant real cactus or a cactus-themed art piece.

Can we say for certain yet that these things were indeed placed to be a nuisance on the green?

I think this helps answer that.

Yes, I believe that was the goal. Maybe next year there will be a shrub, or maybe it was just part of testing, since, ya know, that's kind of the purpose of Silver Series events.

I have a small pile of 5 and 6 foot culverts I was thinking of using as a mental hazard. Do a culvert on a hill with the basket below, so you might have to putt through it. Or have it so you have to putt through it if your drive is in the ideal landing zone.

Could you place them so one drops the disc in the basket, and the others direct the disc far away? I'm picturing a wall of holes to aim at from the tee.

How about this.

attachment.php

Attachments

• AE6C84AE-6AD0-4F0E-9799-AD00A7BFAB32.jpg
    AE6C84AE-6AD0-4F0E-9799-AD00A7BFAB32.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 147

Not trying to be pedantic, but I read this and wondered how you had a pile of draining ditches.

It's been done at Am Worlds before at Spinski's in Mich.

That was a wild course. The guy (owner) seem to revel in the chance to make disc golf difficult is some crazy ways. I played one crazy island hole and the owner was spotting and laughing his butt off at the players. I also played an upshot with my foot about 14 inches into mud. I played pretty well......played nearly every shot with a Buzzz or my putter, if I remember correctly.

That was a wild course. The guy (owner) seem to revel in the chance to make disc golf difficult in some crazy ways. I played one crazy island hole and the owner was spotting and laughing his butt off at the players. I also played an upshot with my foot about 14 inches into mud. I played pretty well......played nearly every shot with a Buzzz or my putter, if I remember correctly.
Having met and played a round with Jon, the underlined rings true. I can totally see him kicking things up a notch for a big event like that.

That was a wild course. The guy (owner) seem to revel in the chance to make disc golf difficult is some crazy ways. I played one crazy island hole and the owner was spotting and laughing his butt off at the players.

Very wild. I remember that and I also remember several nicknames for the course that fellow players were using, all of which are unprintable here. Not a course I was ever interested in playing again.

A golf cup is 4.25" diameter. A dg basket is 26" diameter. That's why a 15' golf putt is 22% and a 15' DG putt is 90%. Using that scale difference a 15' putt in golf is closer to a 90' putt in DG. The targets and projectiles are vastly different in each sport. This is also a clear illustration of why comparing the two sports is colossally idiotic.

It is truly unbelievable to me there are people who cannot comprehend this simple concept but have to resort to non-sequitur quotes from DG pros.

You don't even play on the Pro Tour.

Latest posts