• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Issues Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my latest 0 star review before and now it's a 1.0. My average course rating before the upgrade was 2.40 and now it is 2.46. I believe I had ten 0.0 and eighteen 0.5 ratings before and now I have none - they all went up to 1.0 stars which is why my average went up so drastically.
You are right , we had 628 reviews with 0 rating and 1559 reviews with 0.5 rating .. they are all now 1
I will fix that later today/tomorrow

when browsing course media (pics) in fullscreen, using the arrows to go to the next pic, i'm getting the same pic twice (every pic, any course).

You are right , we had 628 reviews with 0 rating and 1559 reviews with 0.5 rating .. they are all now 1
I will fix that later today/tomorrow
Thank you!! My average might balloon above a 3.0 without those 0's and 0.5's in there. Wellsbranch would stop reading my reviews. :oops:

In preferences I can turn off alerts OR push notifications. No idea what the difference is, but I don't want notifications at all. I check in when I have a few minutes during the day. I don't need nor want to have my email filled with so and so posted in x thread.

View attachment 313183
You can turn off both options if you turn off the push notification first, while the alert notification is still green. Then you can turn off the alert notification and both remain off.
Push is notifications for your browser and or phone.
If your goal is to have fewer notifications, turn them off.
If you don't have push notifications turned on, you can ignore those.
I think it is a very bad to have them on by default. If you overwhelm new users with notifications, the notifications never have a chance to become meaningful to the user. A better option would be to have a short tutorial option when users log in for the first time (many sites do this with one-time directed "text bubble" overlays), informing them how to change their notification settings.

Played 2 new courses recently and recorded my rounds. Before this site changed everything up I had an overall rating of 915. After recording my 1st round since the changes (956 rated) my overall rating dropped to 550. Just added 2 more rounds (no ratings recorded for these because I still can't change hole info) and my overall rating dropped to 536. Any ETA on when this will be fixed? Also I miss the course bagger feature. Liked to see where I stacked up against the other top baggers in Cali. Please bring this back. Uploaded photos for the 1st time since the update and you can't arrange pics in the proper order anymore. Will this be addressed? And back to hole info, 1 of the courses recently played had no hole info so I ranged each hole so I could add the distances to the course site. Still won't let me. All that info comes from the users, please let us have the ability to edit that again.

I *do* appreciate the quick and attentive responses!

No site upgrade will go 100% smoothly, and new owners seem dedicated to ironing out the wrinkles. :)

Go buy a $1000 smart phone and with the next software upgrade, you won't get this kind of response. Or a new vehicle for 50k+ and have a glitch in the software...see how hard they work to solve the issue.

Circa 2000, the company I worked for transitioned their inventory management and purchasing software to SAP platform. The rollout was basically a Beta test and we were rats in the maze with little to no help to resolve anything. And they paid millions for that software.

Is there a way to restore our 0 and 0.5 ratings before they were all bumped up to a 1.0? Some of us course baggers have MANY reviews under 1.0 stars and editing them all back to their original rating would be cumbersome
I'd hoped that link was what it was. Happy not to be disappointed
ace ventura thumbs up GIF

Two things

1. At no point since I joined this site have I asked for DGCR to send me an email when someone replies to a thread I replied to. My inbox is now full of emails from DGCR letting me know when someone replied to a thread I replied to. I just turned it off but I think it's weird I had to ask this website to do something I've told it to do since I joined - not email me about thread replies.

2. I still have to tell the website to show me the normal theme every time I visit instead of the dark theme I have no interest in ever using.

I turned off all emails and notifications, but somehow I am still getting them for any updates just to this thread. The email says I subscribed to this thread, but I don't remember doing that. I did see it says "unwatch" on the button at the top, as if I clicked to watch, but I don't remember doing it. But, if email notifications are all off, should I still get emails for "watched" threads? I would think it would just give me the icon on the bell for watched threads and not send an email. All the options that say "and receive email updates" I have unchecked.

I turned off all emails and notifications, but somehow I am still getting them for any updates just to this thread. The email says I subscribed to this thread, but I don't remember doing that. I did see it says "unwatch" on the button at the top, as if I clicked to watch, but I don't remember doing it. But, if email notifications are all off, should I still get emails for "watched" threads? I would think it would just give me the icon on the bell for watched threads and not send an email. All the options that say "and receive email updates" I have unchecked.
Turn off those options . they automatically subscribe you to the threads you create or reply to
1689951541188.png

What's up with the annoying pop-up constantly (okay, 3 times each time I log on) asking me for my location?

Status
Not open for further replies.