• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Issues Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why doesn't the quote button put the quote in the reply?
I'm still getting used to this too. The quote button is if you want to insert multiple quotes into your reply at once. Typically I have just been using the "Reply" button next to it which inserts just the one quote of that message you are replying to.

That course sounds like a great candidate to add!

Brand new course. Nobody has played it. I have played a few of the holes.. I can go play it then add the course. Baskets were installed yesterday and today. All tee signs are in. Course sign isn't in yet .
Teepads are all ready for play.
Make sure the folks who installed the course are ready and want it listed!
I checked first with Pete Caldwell before listing Johnson Hills Park, and he wanted to hold off on the listing initially, because it was still a work in progress, and was eventually up for having the first nine holes listed even though it eventually became an 18 hole course.

I was looking at a member's page to compare courses we've reviewed in common, and I noticed (maybe for the first time) that the last column lists the Average Rating for the course. Wouldn't it make more sense to list that individual's rating for the course? If I'm looking at what a person have reviewed, I'd be more interested in the number of stars he/she gave it, rather than the overall average the course has received. I can always find the overall avergae when I'm looking at the course - not the reviewer.

I was looking at a member's page to compare courses we've reviewed in common, and I noticed (maybe for the first time) that the last column lists the Average Rating for the course. Wouldn't it make more sense to list that individual's rating for the course? If I'm looking at what a person have reviewed, I'd be more interested in the number of stars he/she gave it, rather than the overall average the course has received. I can always find the overall avergae when I'm looking at the course - not the reviewer.
if you go to their reviews, you can see their rating. it would be nice if it listed both ratings when viewing their (/my own) courses.

Make sure the folks who installed the course are ready and want it listed!
I checked first with Pete Caldwell before listing Johnson Hills Park, and he wanted to hold off on the listing initially, because it was still a work in progress, and was eventually up for having the first nine holes listed even though it eventually became an 18 hole course.
The designer has yet to get back to me. If he gives me the go ahead I'll list it.

does the media section not allow images w/o being tied to a hole? it appears so; i had a picture of the school for sunridge that could help people see it from a distance when driving to it. there are also cool photos that no longer exist (warplane at nad).
also at nad it's showing all holes having at least 1 photo, but some have none (says 19 total, but only displays 13).
it also would be nice if the media photos were sorted by hole#.

I want to be able to easily see how many courses there are in a state.
We used to be able to filter by state and it would show the total number of courses in that state. Maybe I'm just missing seeing where this is. Is it still there?

There was also a feature in your profile where you could see the % Completed for every state, including a bar chart. Is this anywhere? If not please add it back.

When I'm looking at all of the courses in a state I want to see a simple list with one line per course. I also want to be able to sort on the columns, like Year established, Rating, etc

Can you put back a box on the home page that allows you to search for a course by name or state right away? This was a key feature and it was wisely prominent on the old home page. It should be easier to search for a course by name, city, state than it currently is.

I want to be able to easily see how many courses there are in a state.
We used to be able to filter by state and it would show the total number of courses in that state. Maybe I'm just missing seeing where this is. Is it still there?

There was also a feature in your profile where you could see the % Completed for every state, including a bar chart. Is this anywhere? If not please add it back.

When I'm looking at all of the courses in a state I want to see a simple list with one line per course. I also want to be able to sort on the columns, like Year established, Rating, etc
Click on "Members" then "Top Baggers." You'll see the same old way to select a State and then choose if you want to include Extinct or Temp courses. And you'll see the bar chart.

NOTE: "Top Baggers" appears when I click "Members" on my computer, but not on my iPad.

But maybe this wasn't what you were asking about...

Click on "Members" then "Top Baggers." You'll see the same old way to select a State and then choose if you want to include Extinct or Temp courses. And you'll see the bar chart.
Thanks. Yeah that is one way to see how many courses there are in a state, but it is certainly round a bout and cumbersome. Most newer members will NOT be able to figure out how to do this.

On Old DGCR searching by state would give you one simple clean list, with a total. Plus the fields like Date Established and Rating were sortable.

It looks like the map search function may not be performing optimally. Search radius seems to be set at 100KM, even when I have it set to 300 miles.

We got us a spammer. CURTIS5

Status
Not open for further replies.