• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Issues Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just trying to look up a course I marked as "Extinct" and I can't search for it by the name of the town, zip code, or map.

In other words, when clicking on "include extinct coursres" in the filters, they are not showing up.

I noticed this a few days ago when i was trying to find the OG Haslet course. The only reason I could find it was by going though my "played" list and clicking on it from there.

You response makes no sense. Seems to be supporting someone stalking?
Nope, not even slightly. If you're experiencing stalking, I'd recommend removing yourself from all social media.
Again, thank you for the suggestion, but my recommendation would be to stay out of the Political forum to see if that helped at all.

Nope, not even slightly. If you're experiencing stalking, I'd recommend removing yourself from all social media.
Again, thank you for the suggestion, but my recommendation would be to stay out of the Political forum to see if that helped at all.

Thanks again for the useless suggestion.

I never thought I would agree with Hampstead but this place used to be fun.... Good day to you

Instead of insulting me, you can simply say you don't know how to do this.

What the hell is the purpose of blocking someone if they can still see my posts? It seems like a very simple fix to me, but what do I and every other social media site out there know?

And please don't pretend you don't know exactly which guy I'm talking about. He does it to everyone on the site.

Last edited:
On the Browse Course Map view, the arrow on a course is relative to your current location, not the location that is currently selected. This might be intentional, but it is different from v1 (which didn't have current location at all, I think).

There is an update coming to the browse course map, hopefully, this helps quite a bit. I'd ballpark it hopefully not more than 2 weeks away.
Cool, hopefully it is easier to use. The "Filters" give me issues sometimes.

On that note, is the Trip Log coming back anytime? Are the old Trip Logs still in the database?

I really liked that function, I had every single trip I had taken in the last 6 years on that. It helped me keep tract of when and where I have been.

The Trip Log function was only available for those of us who were paid members.

i was on my first big trip since dgcr 2

im not sure if it was a phone problem or a dgcr problem

everytime i would exit the map would reset so in places with minimal service i would get hosed and couldnt make a direction towards new courses until it would refresh/load (which would often require me driving in a certain direction to gain cell service) this was on just regular website and not the app (if that even exists anymoar)

it was absolutely frustrating and miserable

meanwhile the competitor udisc doesnt do that at all and i can follow their map with ease and get on my way with no service

yes i could have made prior plans or it might be a phone/internet issue

either way you slice it though udisc is remaining superior (to the point i might exclusively use it despite its flaws)

i cant imagine using dgcr for on the road again tbh udisc is just that much better

I hope today is just a bad day to use DGCR. I'm always looking at the map for various reasons. Today, I clicked on the map and I got a big red circle. No courses inside of it and no courses outside of it. I turned off my desktop to reboot and it's the same red circle is this a one day thing, if not how do I get rid of the red circle and bring back the map I've been using in the past.

i was on my first big trip since dgcr 2

im not sure if it was a phone problem or a dgcr problem

everytime i would exit the map would reset so in places with minimal service i would get hosed and couldnt make a direction towards new courses until it would refresh/load (which would often require me driving in a certain direction to gain cell service) this was on just regular website and not the app (if that even exists anymoar)

it was absolutely frustrating and miserable

meanwhile the competitor udisc doesnt do that at all and i can follow their map with ease and get on my way with no service

yes i could have made prior plans or it might be a phone/internet issue

either way you slice it though udisc is remaining superior (to the point i might exclusively use it despite its flaws)

i cant imagine using dgcr for on the road again tbh udisc is just that much better
we did an update a few hours ago .. did you try after the update?

i am on desktop and have been gettin that red circle that someone else above was talkin about

been that way for about 6 hours (that ive noticed)

The new map view is interesting. I feel like we can take out the red circle, and even take out clicking on the map, since the course icons show up automatically.

One issue, though, is that temporary courses are showing up on the map now. The majority of these don't exist anymore, so they shouldn't be on the map. Arguably, they should be RIPed... but no one has RIPed them, so they're on the map for now.

i reset my filter and got baskets to finally pop up

its still a lagging piece of shit tho

all the baskets take 10 years to drop down and then its not even using my filters im gettin numbers and stuff and the red circle but my "exclude already played" arent being honored

Lagging? I'm not sure I've been able to replicate that. You can now enter an address, city, zip or landmark to find the closest courses.

I LOVE this! No performance issues for me (desktop, Chrome).

Personally, I like the red circle as well as the quick buttons to change the filter radius. Didn't someone actually request that? I agree that it isn't NECESSARY per se, but I think it's a nice little visual.

The small things I see are:
- 250 mile range button doesn't seem to work (I get a "Oops! We ran into some problems").
- Can't click on the map to move the circle, if you're clicking within the current circle.
- As Pevio said, I don't think temporary courses and practice areas should show up on the map by default. Right now it looks like they are showing up even if the corresponding filter is turned off. EDIT: Actually, it looks like the filters are not currently affecting the map at all. For example, I can select to exclude played courses and they still show up.
- Curious on how the sorting of course listings below the map is determined? It seems kinda random as far as I can tell.

This is the right idea IMO, I love that all the courses are now visible without clicking near them.

It's a little slow when clicking on a certain course for me too. But not really that bad. The little yellow bars flash on the top of the screen for a couple seconds and then it pops up. But yeah practice and temp course are all showing up now. I thought I almost missed playing a 4.46 rated course right near where I was yesterday, turns out it's a temp. 😌

I've been having issues recently with the nearby courses popping up on the app. If I type them in they'll show up, so not a huge deal. I assume that's still being worked on?

It's a little slow when clicking on a certain course for me too. But not really that bad. The little yellow bars flash on the top of the screen for a couple seconds and then it pops up. But yeah practice and temp course are all showing up now. I thought I almost missed playing a 4.46 rated course right near where I was yesterday, turns out it's a temp. 😌

I've been having issues recently with the nearby courses popping up on the app. If I type them in they'll show up, so not a huge deal. I assume that's still being worked on?
The app is being worked on.
Currently using native maps - but a number of things are being tested currently.

Attachments

• IMG_0044.jpeg
    IMG_0044.jpeg
    726.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0043.jpeg
    IMG_0043.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts