• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

davetherocketguy

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
So over th 4th of July I lost a prized Mantis - you know, one of those big Z stamps. The way I lost it was well...embarrassing. You see I was at George Wilson on #18 which is a gigantic downhill shot on a 600'+ hole so naturally with no one behind me I had to throw at least 5 or 6 drives. And I lost count which results in me forgetting my Mantis out in the tall-ish grass and not realizing until a few days later.

Yesterday, I was out at Lake Township where a group of huckers playing a round and I of course notice one of them hucking a disc A LOT like my Mantis so the conversation went like this:

"Hey man, mind if I take a look at that disc?"
"No dude, here you go."
"Hmmm, do you know who that is?" (pointing to my name and phone number CLEARLY written on the disc)
"Uhhhhh...no I don't."
"Yeah, that's me."
"Oh ok. Cool man. Yeah. There you go. So yeah, I just found it laying on the ground over there on hole two."

If he's telling the truth then that means there were at least 2 huckers that had their hands on my disc with nary a single phone call. Whatevs....

I waited for him to throw a fit but he didn't. Not exactly worth getting into a fist fight over plastic so I was going to let him have it if he did get worked up over it. I know I came across as a jerk but I don't care. Got my disc back. Just sharing so you all know that what comes around sometimes goes around. :clap:

I doubt he "just found it over there on hole 2". I'm betting he's had it for a couple days and didn't want to say so.

ive had a similar situation, but to make it worse the guys like 7 y/o son was actually the one using it. So after I confronted the dad about it and he didn't argue much I ran back to my car and grabbed another putter and gave it to them. If it wasn't the kid using it I probably wouldn't have given them another disc but I won't do that to a kid.

I doubt he "just found it over there on hole 2". I'm betting he's had it for a couple days and didn't want to say so.

Yeah... I confronted a guy with a disc of mine (my name and number also clearly visible on it) that I lost just two days earlier. He tried telling me he bought it at PIAS "a few weeks ago". I called him out on his BS right away.

Similar situation happened to me but it was a DX Valk so it was much easier to say "just keep it".

I have returned about 25 disc where the owner had never been to the course or state I found the disc in. the disc chunkers would rather through a found rare disc than their own pro d garbage over water.

i dont get what superstitious thinking has to do with finding a lost disc?

It's always nice to get discs back. Did you at least offer him one in return?

No because I am an ass.

Had knucklehead called the number clearly written on the disc then yes, an award if plastic and/or cash would have been provided.

Great. Now I've started yet another disc return thread. So not only am I an ass I am also an idiot. Why do I even try?

I recently lost my beloved Teebird that was seasoned just right. Received a phone call about it a day later and the guy said he would contact me that Saturday to meet at the course. Never heard anything from him again. I bet he thinks he got away with a free disc even though he "made an effort". I dunno... People suck.

The worst is when they cross out your name and write their name directly under it... really gets under my skin.

My Dad, Uncle, and I were playing a round and my Dad yelled my Uncle's name. About two minutes later, this dude walks up and says "Are you Steve?" My Uncle nods, and the guy goes "Is this yours?" And hands my Uncle a Crystal Buzz that my Uncle's step-son had lost two months previously. He nodded, and said "Cool! Where'd you find it?" Guy said "Hole 5 at UNC." My Uncle said "Weird man, it was lost at Oxbow" which is about half an hour away. So no telling how many times it was lost.

I lost a disc when I first started. Looked for it for about 30 minutes, gave up. 2 months later, I'm playing with a new disc golf friend. Notice a bunch of ink on his Z plastic blacking out a name and number, but I notice a cartoon drawing of homer saying "don't steal me bro" is still on it. At first I said, "Dude I draw homer on my discs too!". Then it clicked that it was actually MY disc that I had lost on that same course. He said "I don't draw Homers man, I found that at blah blah course last week" and gladly handed it over. I errantly threw it into a pond 2 holes later….

i have a weird luck. i buy and trade in a ton of discs. when i say a ton. i would say at least 90+ discs. i keep on getting calls from people finding my trade ins and saying is this yours. i tell them the truth that it was mine and they can keep it. i am a true honest guy. i have also found 15 peoples disc and returned them. :)