• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] KATANA vs. NUKE

What new disc is better?

• KATANA

Votes: 46 43.0%
  • NUKE

Votes: 61 57.0%

• Total voters
I don't use a Surge but when the Nuke came out it had very similar. characteristics and I was telling people it was a faster Surge.

I would feel both of them out and go with the one that feels the best.

I actually got an esp Nuke but wasn't that impressed. I have gotten pretty comfortable with what I have and I know them well, but I still get excited about shiny new plastic when I'm looking at discs.

I actually got an esp Nuke but wasn't that impressed. I have gotten pretty comfortable with what I have and I know them well, but I still get excited about shiny new plastic when I'm looking at discs.

Luckily I get all that I want so the durability isn't an issue and although I wish they were more stable they fly far enough to stay in the bag and got me 5 500ft+ birdies in their 1st tournament and stay in the bag for just that reason.

Luckily I get all that I want so the durability isn't an issue and although I wish they were more stable they fly far enough to stay in the bag and got me 5 500ft+ birdies in their 1st tournament and stay in the bag for just that reason.

Any disc that did that for me would have a permanent home in my bag. That is awesom.

Any disc that did that for me would have a permanent home in my bag. That is awesom.

Actually my 1st round I had only 1 bird under 350ft......and 5 over including 3 of my 5 500fters.

But yes it is always nice to have something give you a chance for a birdy you would have never gotten before.

i would never try to bh either of these two discs, but for the fh the nuke is the best. the closest thing for raw distance (fh) is the xcal. my biggest issue with the nuke is the plastic. after about 20 games it gets torn up. i guess i need to get a z nuke.

I didn't read the whole thread,but the question is a little too simple. Pro, Champ, and Star Katanas are totally different. 1st and production run katanas are totally different. 1st and 2nd run Nukes are totally different. I meat hook my 2 first runs and out of the box, throw my 2nd runs dead straight landing and finishing straight.

Voted Nuke - but do I want to add a mold to my bag. I have little baby hands and that rim is SO wide/thick.

I've had a Star Lemon Lake X-Out Katana since February. At 175, the one that I have is an overstable pig. I threw a 171 ESP Nuke yesterday and that thing flew straight as an arrow (and went FAR) then faded smoothly at the end. I vote Nuke and I'd be willing to trade my Katana to anyone that has a 170ish ESP Nuke.

broke down and bought my first disccraft disc! (esp nuke) have not had a chance to throw it yet, so i can't compare the 2. i threw a friend's katana a couple of times and didn't care for it.

I've spent time carrying each: Champion and Star Katana, Z and ESP Nuke. The Katana fades as hard as a Groove at the end. I have not found it to be as straight and Sidewinder-esque as promised. The Nuke flies more like a Destroyer and always comes out past my Boss on crush drives. The Katana seems to be too touchy when it comes to hitting that money release angle, while the Nuke is very forgiving.

broke down and bought my first disccraft disc! (esp nuke) have not had a chance to throw it yet, so i can't compare the 2. i threw a friend's katana a couple of times and didn't care for it.

"Broke down" you say that like its a moral issue . . . You are missing out, and limiting yourself, if you only throw one brand.

I'm a much bigger fan of the Nuke. The production run star katana that I bought is really an overstable pig. It almost feels like a Discraft Flick and flies somewhat similarly.

My katana is more consistent than my nuke but my nuke has gone way further when thrown right in the right conditions.