• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] LAT64 disillusionment

I tried several of their discs... Really wanted to like the river and just didn't. I tried even harder to like the flow but feel that other discs do what the flow does better. I really wanted to be a fanboy but it just didn't happen. They are very nice to look at however...

I don't think people understand that opti could probably break everyone in half (from the pictures I've seen). This would explain his trouble with the glide aspect and not being able to judge the distance of the glide. I could be very wrong but seriously the guy could be a presidential body guard (I hope your not offended opti).
As for my experience with Lat64: Its been a slow transition. I have a opto river that I enjoy but still only throw it a couple of times a round. I have a westside king that is great for distance but I have found it unpredictable (sometimes too stable, sometimes super understable). I have a couple of swords coming and I'm excited to throw them. As for the colors, I'm over it. As for the quality of plastic, I think they are above their competition at this point. It's exciting to see a new disc company come on the scene and do so well, and I think it speaks well for the sport as well.

yeah i think not having a bunch of protos actually helped them. the robot print changed a lot of discs too and then once that was fixed a few people like the way the snowflakes came out. i think the discs speak for themselves and have great flight! the added bonus of being extremely durable.

Pros
great flying discs
they are improving the colors
getting very consistent
the colorshifts are sick!
cool stamps with nice art

Cons
lots of early run stuff is all over the place. i have a striker that flys like a RR and a striker that is a firebird! not many of them but somehow i got a few.
colors are getting better but they should avoid. clear yellow, clear light green, clear!!!!
no glow
no minis come on already!!!!
no baseline plastic for drivers. make a ching version of your mids and you will rule the midranges!
no stamps with swedish flag on them!!! do somemore stripper strikers with the swedish flag for North Americans!!!

i like the discs but i think holding frisbee makers to a higher standard than anything produced for a dollar is going to be a lose lose!

The only way you're going to beat me and my Latitude bag is if you're a better player, not if you have "better plastic".

:hfive: love the striker... no disc out can compare.

true. There's a huge difference between opto and gold line though! I could laser my buddies gold line one 275 - 325ft on a regular basis but had to be careful not to turn it over. I got an opto line one and have to give it extra oomph so it doesn't newb-hyzer after 200 - 250ft. Still a wonderful disc but again, hugely different between plastics.

that striker is probably super flat isnt it? my buddy has a pancake flat opto striker and its like a damn xxx. ive thrown other optos that flew like the gl's though

I was as big of a proponent for Lat64 as anyone, and I do think they make great discs, but if you take looks out of it, I don't think they are vastly superior to most options we have here.

I loved the River, but I discovered the Leopard and Teebird. I can get 2 Teebirds or Leopards in DX for the same price as one River and enjoy the versatility of having one wear in. And If I lose one, I'm only out $8.

I lost my GL fuse two weeks ago, and I have an Opto, but when I can get an X Comet for $10, it's hard to justify $17 for a Fuse.

Times are tough and not everyone has $15-$18 to spend on a single disc.

Just my two cents.

I don't think people understand that opti could probably break everyone in half (from the pictures I've seen). This would explain his trouble with the glide aspect and not being able to judge the distance of the glide. I could be very wrong but seriously the guy could be a presidential body guard (I hope your not offended opti).
As for my experience with Lat64: Its been a slow transition. I have a opto river that I enjoy but still only throw it a couple of times a round. I have a westside king that is great for distance but I have found it unpredictable (sometimes too stable, sometimes super understable). I have a couple of swords coming and I'm excited to throw them. As for the colors, I'm over it. As for the quality of plastic, I think they are above their competition at this point. It's exciting to see a new disc company come on the scene and do so well, and I think it speaks well for the sport as well.

this made me laugh and made my day
thanks Mike

I was as big of a proponent for Lat64 as anyone, and I do think they make great discs, but if you take looks out of it, I don't think they are vastly superior to most options we have here.

I loved the River, but I discovered the Leopard and Teebird. I can get 2 Teebirds or Leopards in DX for the same price as one River and enjoy the versatility of having one wear in. And If I lose one, I'm only out $8.

I lost my GL fuse two weeks ago, and I have an Opto, but when I can get an X Comet for $10, it's hard to justify $17 for a Fuse.

Just my two cents.

Great Point!

Just my two cents.

By the time my GL plastic is beat, you will have bought 3 DX discs.

Just saying

Just my two cents.

I hear where you're coming from, and DX teebird notwithstanding(cuz, let's face it, it's a DX teebird), I don't think your argument covers the full picture economically. For me, at least, my GL river has lasted through 2 DX leopards(and still going very strong), and while my fuse is relatively new to the bag, it's already lasted as long as my X comet and is still what I think of as "new". Keeping a prime x comet and dx leopard in my bag would cost me way more than my GL fuse and river.

Could be that I just don't like the leo and comet when they get super beat, but offered as an alternate opinion.

I hear where you're coming from, and DX teebird notwithstanding(cuz, let's face it, it's a DX teebird), I don't think your argument covers the full picture economically. For me, at least, my GL river has lasted through 2 DX leopards(and still going very strong), and while my fuse is relatively new to the bag, it's already lasted as long as my X comet and is still what I think of as "new". Keeping a prime x comet and dx leopard in my bag would cost me way more than my GL fuse and river.

Could be that I just don't like the leo and comet when they get super beat, but offered as an alternate opinion.

You're 100% right, and I totally agree. Definitely a few ways of looking at it....But I can't forget the feeling of that GL Fuse flying off into the overgrown creek, knowing it would cost $15 to replace. Maybe I'm just still a little bitter....

You're 100% right, and I totally agree. Definitely a few ways of looking at it....But I can't forget the feeling of that GL Fuse flying off into the overgrown creek, knowing it would cost $15 to replace. Maybe I'm just still a little bitter....

I totally know the feeling...I remember when I lost my Opto Core a while ago and frantically running after it to no avail.:(

Too much glide?? You either have a monster arm, or no touch. That Fuse glide is not only magical, but really useful.

it's INSANE... just a touch to throw it out there, any line... mawfugga just glyyyyyyyydes.

i love it, love all my lat..

to the 'high price' argument... don't lose it or don't give up lookin :) kidding

i will agree that they are a tad high - but that can mostly be attributed to higher end production and long supply chains. i can only imagine that the prices will start to drop off once their popularity picks up in their locale and here

I will agree that the fuse is the best anny disc ever produced....unreal flight path...I almost felt like I was cheating.....but too many times the fuse would glide too far and leave me in a lake, down a cliff, or 70 ft past the basket leaving me with a loooong putt. I guess if you play flat courses, with no wind, no water, and no hills that the fuse might be a trustworthy disc....but I don't know of any course like that. There are times I miss the disc when I have that ridiculous anny look but the strokes I save from controlling my conventional discs vs the occasional home run from LAT leaves me feeling I made the right choice.

^^^hmmmm... very well put!

I too feel like I'm cheating when my fuse just does WORK. But I do find myself taking the conventional route (perhaps a RHFH) over the high risk anny route/home run shot. But my RHFH disc = opto xXx :) and that thing lives/feeds/murders some metal!!