• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] LAT64 disillusionment

I will agree that the fuse is the best anny disc ever produced....unreal flight path...I almost felt like I was cheating.....but too many times the fuse would glide too far and leave me in a lake, down a cliff, or 70 ft past the basket leaving me with a loooong putt.

Grip Line Spike for the shorter annys?

By the time my GL plastic is beat, you will have bought 3 DX discs.

Just saying

:thmbup:

with how the new DX is and being so waxy id even say 5 or 6 depending where you play. In MN we have so many wooded courses DX lasts a few months at BEST before it becomes and understable POS... Have yet to really ever "break-in" an opto even tried throwing a halo into the ground and lightly skimming it on tees but never seemed to change much flight just made the plastic feel more tacky.

I have tried the Halo, Striker, River, XXX, Fuse, Havoc, The only one i currently throw is the XXX, i could find a spot in my bag for the river if I wanted too, i threw one for over a year, just kinda fell out of favor i guess. Halo=****, striker=****, havoc= total ****, fuse was great but i found myself reaching for a beat roc everytime it was a fuse-ey shot, so i took them out. As far as me not liking the other discs, its a personal preference and im sure there are plenty of people who like them. The fact i didnt like those doesnt mean Lat is a bad company, or that they've come down to earth or w/e OP said on page 1. Just means that for my style other discs suit me better. Its the same w/ DC, Innova, Discmania, etc, they all make discs I think are completely stupid, doesnt mean I didnt try them and they didnt make the bag, and def. doesnt mean theyre doing anything wrong as a company or the "new car smell" is wearing off or w/e

By the time my GL plastic is beat, you will have bought 3 DX discs.

Just saying

i think almost everyone underestimates how long DX lasts. it lasts a long time. the pros (for me) outweigh the cons. i like having several of the same molds in different stages of wear (rocs gazelles and aviars) and that is what DX provides. i have a DX roc that i have been using for a little over a year and it isn't even understable, in fact is is mildly stable to overstable.

DX also glides and holds its line longer, wont fade out as often.

i will admit that a lot of the new DX runs are really poopy

I have tried the Halo, Striker, River, XXX, Fuse, Havoc, The only one i currently throw is the XXX, i could find a spot in my bag for the river if I wanted too, i threw one for over a year, just kinda fell out of favor i guess. Halo=****, striker=****, havoc= total ****, fuse was great but i found myself reaching for a beat roc everytime it was a fuse-ey shot, so i took them out. As far as me not liking the other discs, its a personal preference and im sure there are plenty of people who like them. The fact i didnt like those doesnt mean Lat is a bad company, or that they've come down to earth or w/e OP said on page 1. Just means that for my style other discs suit me better. Its the same w/ DC, Innova, Discmania, etc, they all make discs I think are completely stupid, doesnt mean I didnt try them and they didnt make the bag, and def. doesnt mean theyre doing anything wrong as a company or the "new car smell" is wearing off or w/e

What about the striker did you dislike? It's such a balanced disc and personal preference or not I can't see calling it sh1t as a fair assessment.

i had a freak overstable opto that flew like a trident, i have since thrown a few lighter and more beat ones that others own that do as theyre advertised. But compared to other discs in its category, a longer fw or a tweener driver, its just got too much competition and i have found several better options. Also not a fan of the slanted rim (pretty sure the striker is one of their slant molds)

as far as my assessment of it being that it sucks, ill say this, theres no telling which version of the disc is the one they meant to put out, and whether or not they have fixed that and can continuously put out strikers that fly right. So my experiences are this, the one i owned, sucked, the ones iver thrown were fine but couldnt compete with other "like" discs on the market.

Last edited:
i think almost everyone underestimates how long DX lasts. it lasts a long time. the pros (for me) outweigh the cons. i like having several of the same molds in different stages of wear (rocs gazelles and aviars) and that is what DX provides. i have a DX roc that i have been using for a little over a year and it isn't even understable, in fact is is mildly stable to overstable.

DX also glides and holds its line longer, wont fade out as often.

i will admit that a lot of the new DX runs are really poopy

I agree with this a lot. Good DX is really great but unless I'm there in person to sort out the good from the bad, it's just annoying.

Opto and GL have been pretty consistent for me as far as durability goes. Lat has their problems with dome inconsistencies but everyone does. It's just a fact of DG life.

I've been throwing my Opto River more lately and it's decidedly more understable now, I'm not sure if it's going to stay in the bag.

its just got too much competition and i have found several better options.

all about preference. my opto strikers kicked my champ teebirds out of the bag post haste. the opto plastic feels better, looks better, is more durable and when i was comparing them side by side in the field i found the striker gave me more distance.

how can anybody forget that jesper lundemark, at one time ranked number one in the world, was an innova sponsored pro and that his favorite disc was the teebird? when lat 64 grabbed him away from innova and let him co-design his favorite discs, you can pretty much ascertain that jesper's heart and soul went into making that striker as awesome as possible.

and striker lovers will tell you just how much they love it.

That Striker has a little wiggle in it while the tee bird is straighter.......Striker does glide further but that lil wiggle and that slanted rim....tooo foreign for my hands

That Striker has a little wiggle in it while the tee bird is straighter.......Striker does glide further but that lil wiggle and that slanted rim....tooo foreign for my hands

never had this problem nor heard of it!

.the Havoc is a great understable driver.

Here's how I see the Striker thing:

If you go in expecting a "speed 9 teebird" you are probably gonna be disappointed. Only a small % fly like teebirds

BUT:
The slight high speed turn makes the average striker workable on a ton of lines that a super HSS disc will NOT work with.

striker is essentially a perfect hybrid of eagle and teebird with some extra speed...and it's prolly a tad more 'eagley' in most cases.

yes there ARE Strikers that are just like teebirds and fewer still that fly like firebirds, but not many

So: Strikers are super deep fairway/distance drivers that incorporate the best characteristics of two of the greatest dgolf molds on earth-
That is all.

Last edited:
And gird yer loins, all you naysayers...cuz L64 is making new fairway drivers next!

those of you disillusioned with Rivers can send them my way as I want to try them out
and when you are disillusioned with your Swords and Kings

errrm yeah
them to

I will agree that the fuse is the best anny disc ever produced....unreal flight path...I almost felt like I was cheating.....but too many times the fuse would glide too far and leave me in a lake, down a cliff, or 70 ft past the basket leaving me with a loooong putt. I guess if you play flat courses, with no wind, no water, and no hills that the fuse might be a trustworthy disc....but I don't know of any course like that. There are times I miss the disc when I have that ridiculous anny look but the strokes I save from controlling my conventional discs vs the occasional home run from LAT leaves me feeling I made the right choice.

I was reading through this and cracked up when I saw your description of an almost non-existent course, and what do you know? My home course, Riverside meets that criteria to the "T" basically. A few of the G.R. locals on here will agree too.

But yeah, I just got my fuse in the mail a few days ago, and took it out for its first test flight in my possession, and I have to say I LOVE it. I hit a 60+ foot shot for birdie with the thing, which is one of my best shots ever, something I've never done with my buzzz. I'll use the fuse 'til it blows.

Here's how I see the Striker thing:

If you go in expecting a "speed 9 teebird" you are probably gonna be disappointed. Only a small % fly like teebirds

BUT:
The slight high speed turn makes the average striker workable on a ton of lines that a super HSS disc will NOT work with.

striker is essentially a perfect hybrid of eagle and teebird with some extra speed...and it's prolly a tad more 'eagley' in most cases.

yes there ARE Strikers that are just like teebirds and fewer still that fly like firebirds, but not many

So: Strikers are super deep fairway/distance drivers that incorporate the best characteristics of two of the greatest dgolf molds on earth-
That is all.

great post.